You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheLionCave

Destroyers need endless pings and homing torpedos too!!

17 comments in this topic

[WKY09]
Members
14 posts
14,956 battles

I mean, if we going to go full toxic, lets roll with it. Maybe we can start throwing in mine fields while we at it along with a few Megladons. I mean we already have King Kong and Godzilla, and let's not forget Tranformers. Come on Wargaming, step up your game!!!!! You not doing enough to make everyone hate the game, just some of the player base. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 3

[WKY09]
Members
14 posts
14,956 battles

i give it 3 patches and there will be a DD in the premium shop with homing torpedos that you can buy for 99.99 with the special imaginary discount price for 79.99.  The really fun part is the subs just throwing pings out in general directions  and when they get a ping, not even knowing what they pinged, they just launch the homing torpedos and let game mechanics do the work for them. Pretty sleezy and lazy IMO but that's what wargaming wants I guess. Take the skill from the game and put in the mechanics.   

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-NACL]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,697 posts
28,320 battles
15 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Well - the "homing" torps really don't home that well. 

Yes… yes they do. If we are bad determining what angle to launch them at, that’s our fault.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,701 posts
26,569 battles
2 minutes ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

Yes… yes they do. If we are bad determining what angle to launch them at, that’s our fault.

Doesn't the need to carefully aim them by definition mean that their homing capability is ... sus?

• Cool 1

[-NACL]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,697 posts
28,320 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

Doesn't the need to carefully aim them by definition mean that their homing capability is ... sus?

Not really. If it did everything for you, it would just be 100% blatantly OP. It’s the same as if leading torps by the grat line from a DD actually meant you hit the target with all torps. 

You need to put a bit of thought into how fast the enemy is going, and a bit of intuition and luck in predicting if/when/where they might turn.

The actual homing aspect does follow the path of where your pinged target is going…. but that doesn’t mean you can just fire the torps facing the opposite direction and expect a hit.

What if target is bow in? You might need to fire them off to the left or right, but still in the target’s general direction.

[-K-]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
628 posts
14,527 battles

I would like an ASW torpedo for the Forrest Sherman that can only track enemy submarines with a ping. An ability to switch between default Gearing torpedoes and ASW torpedoes would be a nice addition for the Forrest Sherman.

• Cool 1

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,781 posts
20,682 battles
8 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_Tosa said:

Sims already has this gimmic

and Black

[SPTR]
Members
28,224 posts
21,156 battles

im suprised you didn't mention CV launched bombers that drop homing torpedoes.

[_TS13]
Members
37 posts
27,522 battles
4 hours ago, _Jayzilla said:

I would like an ASW torpedo for the Forrest Sherman that can only track enemy submarines with a ping. An ability to switch between default Gearing torpedoes and ASW torpedoes would be a nice addition for the Forrest Sherman.

This the real-life reason Forrest Shermans tirps are fixed. They are GUIDED anti-sub torpedoes. I think FS needs sub pinging and ASW guided torpedoes immediately!! 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,877 posts
17,607 battles
1 hour ago, Snoopys_Odyssey said:

Might as well add the German's Fritz X guided bomb while we are at it....

Technically, there IS one in the game, it's modeled on Roma of all ships(yes, people were upset about it, considering that's what sunk her), you reeeeeeally gotta look close though

Edited by tcbaker777

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
36,990 battles
13 hours ago, TheLionCave said:

I mean, if we going to go full toxic, lets roll with it. Maybe we can start throwing in mine fields while we at it along with a few Megladons. I mean we already have King Kong and Godzilla, and let's not forget Tranformers. Come on Wargaming, step up your game!!!!! You not doing enough to make everyone hate the game, just some of the player base. 

Megladons = Russian sub line lol