Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Admiral_Murrel

Why You Shouldn't Buy Fields of Tuscany Camos

12 comments in this topic

Wiki Editor
1,016 posts
5,481 battles

Tomorrow brings about a new update, and with it comes the end to earning Italian tokens (at least, in their current form). So, if you're like me and you have a few left over, you might want to invest those tokens. I'm only going to tell you which of the two expendable camouflages you should buy, not anything else. 

There are two camos available for tokens: Fields of Tuscany and Regia Marina. The experience bonuses are listed as follows: 

Fields of Tuscany: 

image.png.886cce1a33fb554567b37e39d79b36cb.png

+100% XP

+200% FXP

Regia Marina: 

image.png.d8c73d820deb952fa06b501f986716ed.png

+100% XP

+100% FXP

+50% Commander XP

But, if you read my post about camos from yesterday (link below), you'll know that these aren't actually the true modifiers. So, here's what these bonuses actually amount to as multipliers of base experience: 

Fields of Tuscany: 

x2 XP (double your base XP, 200%)

x0.3 FXP (30% of your base XP, rather than standard 5%)

x2 Commander XP (200% of your base XP, rather than standard 110%)

Regia Marina: 

x0.2 FXP (20% if your base XP)

x3 Commander XP (300% of your base XP)

As you can see, Fields of Tuscany can boost your free experience slightly more than Regia Marina, but Regia Marina boosts your commander XP by an additional 120% of your base XP over Fields of Tuscany. I, for one, will be purchasing the Regia Marina camos. Don't buy the Fields of Tuscany camo, it isn't worth the tiny bit extra FXP. 

Why do you think WG has been handing Fields of Tuscany camos out like candy, but not Regia Marina? Because Regia Marina are better. That's why. 

Edited by Grand_Admiral_Murrel
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Meh 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,991 posts
5,224 battles

Is true.  Learning how bonuses work is important to maximizing profit!

[ENDO]
Members
16 posts
14,615 battles

Thank you for sharing this kind of information.  Not something I would normally look in to so I find it very helpful to maximize the things I do have.  Thank you good sir!

• Thanks 1

Members
629 posts
17,195 battles
4 hours ago, Grand_Admiral_Murrel said:

I, for one, will be purchasing the Regia Marina camos. Don't buy the Fields of Tuscany camo, it isn't worth the tiny bit extra

Still trying to get commanders to 21 points, I had already decided this, but many thanks for the breakdown.

Italian DDs are not for me, got the T6 and not impressed.... And the higher Tiers are not much better.

I'll find the 85 camos much more useful.

• Cool 1

[LF]
Members
346 posts

I am concerned about the future of the economic bonuses. WG already said they are going to change this but not clear exactly how. Should we be using up all the single use camos with significant economic bonuses? I would hate to be stuck with several hundred single use camos that are suddenly no better than a Type 5 camo!

Members
3,366 posts
3,065 battles
6 hours ago, Grand_Admiral_Murrel said:

Why do you think WG has been handing Fields of Tuscany camos out like candy, but not Regia Marina? Because Regia Marina are better. That's why. 

Then why do I have 40 of Regia Marina but only 4 Fields of Tuscany?

[PIXEL]
Members
478 posts
34,455 battles
49 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

did you not join a team for clash of courage?

all ya gotta do is pick a team, join, and go about your buisness and play - they should just show up

as you and your team pass benchmarks

i have a bu boat load of 'em

[PIXEL]
Members
478 posts
34,455 battles

i hate being dense, but evididently i am good at it

i thought capt. xp was based on the "ship bonus", which includes cammo and signal contributions - based on detailed earnings screen

at the end of matches...if your ship gets 100% then your captain does too

and that if it said 50% cxp it was a reduction in what he got.

now i'm begining to question if i am even getting dressed right in the mornings....

Wiki Editor
1,016 posts
5,481 battles
3 hours ago, n5bar said:

I am concerned about the future of the economic bonuses. WG already said they are going to change this but not clear exactly how. Should we be using up all the single use camos with significant economic bonuses? I would hate to be stuck with several hundred single use camos that are suddenly no better than a Type 5 camo!

The official statement a while back was something generic, like, "the players won't lose out on anything." Basically, the rework would allow players to run any camouflage they like (I personally love the Hunter camo) and select which bonuses they want to apply. My concern is how they will let us stack them. So, I can't directly answer your question. Perhaps, if you want to grind some captain skills and have that god-awful Frosty Fir Tree camo, I recommend burning through those. 

Wiki Editor
1,016 posts
5,481 battles
1 hour ago, black_hull4 said:

Dang, son. Because RNGsus has cursed me, that's why. 

Good to hear someone had better luck than I. o7

• Cool 1

Wiki Editor
1,016 posts
5,481 battles
44 minutes ago, derf_20 said:

i hate being dense, but evididently i am good at it

i thought capt. xp was based on the "ship bonus", which includes cammo and signal contributions - based on detailed earnings screen

at the end of matches...if your ship gets 100% then your captain does too

and that if it said 50% cxp it was a reduction in what he got.

now i'm begining to question if i am even getting dressed right in the mornings....

Hey @derf_20, don't you worry bud! Sometimes, numbers are just numbers and don't mean much without any context. Hence, players are left to interpret things by themselves. 

So, currently there are no camos that reduce XP earned. There are quite a few that boost CXP by 50% - which means an additional 50% on top of what you would have earned, so it's effectively 150%. Or, multiply ship XP by 1.5 and voila! That's your commander XP. 

That's the big reason I did my other post about ranking camos based on usefulness (link in original post above), to figure out how much of a bonus each camo actually gives, and to figure out which ones are best for grinding whatever it is you want. 

• Thanks 1

[1984]
Members
4,989 posts
26,521 battles
On 4/13/2022 at 8:40 PM, Grand_Admiral_Murrel said:

Tomorrow brings about a new update, and with it comes the end to earning Italian tokens (at least, in their current form). So, if you're like me and you have a few left over, you might want to invest those tokens. I'm only going to tell you which of the two expendable camouflages you should buy, not anything else. 

There are two camos available for tokens: Fields of Tuscany and Regia Marina. The experience bonuses are listed as follows: 

Fields of Tuscany: 

image.png.886cce1a33fb554567b37e39d79b36cb.png

+100% XP

+200% FXP

Regia Marina: 

image.png.d8c73d820deb952fa06b501f986716ed.png

+100% XP

+100% FXP

+50% Commander XP

But, if you read my post about camos from yesterday (link below), you'll know that these aren't actually the true modifiers. So, here's what these bonuses actually amount to as multipliers of base experience: 

Fields of Tuscany: 

x0.3 FXP (30% of your base XP, rather than standard 5%)

x2 Commander XP (200% of your base XP, rather than standard 110%)

Regia Marina: 

x0.2 FXP (20% if your base XP)

x3 Commander XP (300% of your base XP)

As you can see, Fields of Tuscany can boost your free experience slightly more than Regia Marina, but Regia Marina boosts your commander XP by an additional 120% of your base XP over Fields of Tuscany. I, for one, will be purchasing the Regia Marina camos. Don't buy the Fields of Tuscany camo, it isn't worth the tiny bit extra FXP. 

This assumes you want captain xp.

if you want fxp the tuscany is still better.

fxp buys rb ships, capt xp does not.

what am i missing?

Edited by monpetitloup

Sign in to follow this