Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Red_Nemesis

A great idea

38 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
3 posts
4,134 battles

Now that Wargaming has moved out of Russia, or is in the process, may I suggest that you also create a game mode called 'Classic' that has no submarines, no aircraft carriers, but has only Destroyers Cruisers and Battleships.. You can even keep the current captain rework.  I might come back for that.

  • Cool 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,911
[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
2 minutes ago, Red_Nemesis said:

I suggest that you also create a game mode called 'Classic' that has no submarines, no aircraft carriers,

WOWS premiered with CVs... It will have to be added if not its not "classic."

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
206
[P_P]
Members
500 posts
4 minutes ago, Red_Nemesis said:

 I might come back for that.

Dude, why you making me read your posts if you aren't playing the game anymore

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,057
[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,577 posts
24 minutes ago, Red_Nemesis said:

Now that Wargaming has moved out of Russia, or is in the process, may I suggest that you also create a game mode called 'Classic' that has no submarines, no aircraft carriers, but has only Destroyers Cruisers and Battleships.. You can even keep the current captain rework.  I might come back for that.

I don't get what one has to do with the other.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
638
[V_V_V]
Members
1,509 posts
20,771 battles
40 minutes ago, Red_Nemesis said:

I might come back for that.

'Classic' won't happen.  I have proposed an alternative game called "Victims".  All disgruntled WG players are eligible to join.

Edited by Charon2018
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
788
[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
974 posts
16,102 battles
1 hour ago, Red_Nemesis said:

Now that Wargaming has moved out of Russia, or is in the process, may I suggest that you also create a game mode called 'Classic' that has no submarines, no aircraft carriers, but has only Destroyers Cruisers and Battleships.. You can even keep the current captain rework.  I might come back for that.

Having a classic mode without CVs is like the original Skittles that have green apple now instead of lime.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
638
[REKTD]
Members
1,216 posts
15,730 battles
1 hour ago, Red_Nemesis said:

Now that Wargaming has moved out of Russia, or is in the process, may I suggest that you also create a game mode called 'Classic' that has no submarines, no aircraft carriers, but has only Destroyers Cruisers and Battleships.. You can even keep the current captain rework.  I might come back for that.

Such a mode would be popular despite what the vocal minority believes.

1 hour ago, Retarie said:

Dude, why you making me read your posts if you aren't playing the game anymore

Lol….what!?? 

1 hour ago, Charon2018 said:

'Classic' won't happen.  I have proposed an alternative game called "Victims".  All disgruntled WG players are eligible to join.

“Victims” would be an excellent name for the game in it’s current state tbh. Most ships are just food for the “privileged classes”.

  • Cool 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
206
[P_P]
Members
500 posts
22 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

“Victims” would be an excellent name for the game in it’s current state tbh. Most ships are just food for the “privileged classes”.

I really feel the need to disagree with this. the "privileged class" (i assume that means people that play premium ships)

I have the unpopular view that it comes down to skill, which relates to how much practice or how many games you have played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,599
[CAAT]
Members
6,259 posts
8,033 battles
2 hours ago, Red_Nemesis said:

Now that Wargaming has moved out of Russia, or is in the process, may I suggest that you also create a game mode called 'Classic' that has no submarines, no aircraft carriers, but has only Destroyers Cruisers and Battleships.. You can even keep the current captain rework.  I might come back for that.

Tbh, I would not say no to this addition! Classic Random Battles, and Random Battles. Let the players play Randoms how they want to play! :D

Very nice!!

10 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

“Victims” would be an excellent name for the game in it’s current state tbh. Most ships are just food for the “privileged classes”.

Sadly, kinda true. For instance:

BBs get sunk by CVs via their planes(and reduced AA effectiveness to stop them), BBs can sink BBs via shelling, CAs/CLs sink BBs via HE spam and fires (and some torpedoes), DDs sink BBs by torps OR HE spam/fires, and subs sink BBs by torps)

CAs/CLs get sunk by BBs, CVs, other CAs/CLs and subs. They COULD still be sunk by DDs, though that's not the "norm" I'd say.

DDs can get sunk by CAs/CLs, other DDs (depending on gunboat or not), subs and CVs, not as easily by BBs though, unless HE is loaded.

CVs can get sunk by any class, assuming they are actually found and actually in range. Otherwise, no.

Subs can potentially get sunk by anything with depth charges/depth charge airstrike. CVs CANNOT sink subs on the regular.

 

...Seems to me that Wargaming wants ALL classes to be able to sink all classes, however, that totally destroys the "Rock Paper Scissors" style of balance that Wargaming keeps pigeon-holing these ships into. Hence why secondaries are not ideal against destroyers (because destroyers is supposed to be strong against BBs). However, CVs are strong against every class BUT subs. Subs are strong against EVERY class. BBs are strong against....CAs/CLs, other BBs, and subs, technically? CAs/CLs are strong against BBs (HE spam/fires) and DDs. DDs are strong against BBs (fires/HE spam OR torps) and subs technically, although it's risky for DDs to engage subs. and while every class could POTENTIALLY be strong against CVs, that would involve a direct engagement, which rarely happens.

 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
206
[P_P]
Members
500 posts
3 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

...Seems to me that Wargaming wants ALL classes to be able to sink all classes, however, that totally destroys the "Rock Paper Scissors" style of balance that Wargaming keeps pigeon-holing these ships into. Hence why secondaries are not ideal against destroyers (because destroyers is supposed to be strong against BBs). However, CVs are strong against every class BUT subs. Subs are strong against EVERY class. BBs are strong against....CAs/CLs, other BBs, and subs, technically? CAs/CLs are strong against BBs (HE spam/fires) and DDs. DDs are strong against BBs (fires/HE spam OR torps) and subs technically, although it's risky for DDs to engage subs. and while every class could POTENTIALLY be strong against CVs, that would involve a direct engagement, which rarely happens.

 

 

+1 for counters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,599
[CAAT]
Members
6,259 posts
8,033 battles
2 minutes ago, Retarie said:

+1 for counters

Thanks! ~-~°(◠.◠)°v~-~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,221
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,407 posts
15,676 battles

I think we should go back to rotary phones only 5 black and white TV stations and cash only while were doing classics . 

Edited by clammboy
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,262
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,723 posts
26,569 battles

Still waiting for the advertised 'great idea'.

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
887
[FRFR]
Members
1,675 posts
7 hours ago, SuperComm4 said:

Such a mode would be popular despite what the vocal minority believes.

I think you’re misunderstanding what the “vocal minority” believes. The problem isn’t that such a mode wouldn’t be popular. Of course it would! The problem would be that there wouldn’t be anybody playing the other mode. Who would want to sit through a long queue time just to get dumped into a double CV, double sub game? It would destroy subs and CVs, and so WG will never offer a “Classic” game mode. That’s the pushback you’ve seen.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,262
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,723 posts
26,569 battles
1 hour ago, SeaGladius said:

 It would destroy subs and CVs

Congratulations, you've read between the lines to what OP actually wants while pretending not to be that shallow.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
638
[REKTD]
Members
1,216 posts
15,730 battles
51 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

I think you’re misunderstanding what the “vocal minority” believes. The problem isn’t that such a mode wouldn’t be popular. Of course it would! The problem would be that there wouldn’t be anybody playing the other mode. Who would want to sit through a long queue time just to get dumped into a double CV, double sub game? It would destroy subs and CVs, and so WG will never offer a “Classic” game mode. That’s the pushback you’ve seen.

I think you are absolutely on target with this - 
Such a mode would essentially become the only mode played by the vast majority of players. Which would leave the wack-a-mole players and porpoising sub players with ridiculously long queue times to fight each other with no sitting duck targets. So instead, WG chooses appease that group and play head in the sand with all the CA/CL/BB/DD players. Perhaps they view it as covering their costs in developing the CV and Subs, but where they actually went wrong was implementation.

The real push should not be to defend WG laziness in making these classes then force feeding them into a single “Randoms” game mode; the push should be to make the game equally fun for all classes. They literally built a game based on “naval warfare” from history, but missed the part about how revolutionary the CV and Sub were to “naval warfare”. “Arcade game” or not, shoving all classes into a single mode is madness.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,133
[WPORT]
Members
20,728 posts
22,656 battles
10 hours ago, Retarie said:

Dude, why you making me read your posts if you aren't playing the game anymore

610195198_Thanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.4bcce799a6a0b9af32533ae9fd5a3f32.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,133
[WPORT]
Members
20,728 posts
22,656 battles
10 hours ago, Red_Nemesis said:

Now that Wargaming has moved out of Russia, or is in the process, may I suggest that you also create a game mode called 'Classic' that has no submarines, no aircraft carriers, but has only Destroyers Cruisers and Battleships.. You can even keep the current captain rework.  I might come back for that.

Tier-2 games await you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
453
[TAZ]
Members
1,115 posts

The player base has been asking for and "Allies vs Axis" forever, if we are looking at new game modes 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,133
[WPORT]
Members
20,728 posts
22,656 battles
1 minute ago, Nutaz said:

The player base has been asking for and "Allies vs Axis" forever, if we are looking at new game modes 

To <Bleep!> with axis vs. allies.

One of the best things about WOWs is that any nation's ships can be on the same team as any other nation's ships, and the *decades ago* political connotations and emotional baggage are left in the past.

Now we play the ships we like, because we like them, and they all get to play together for the fun of it.
No ship, and no player, is shoved into one "side" or another "side" just because of the national origin of a ship design.  There is zero need for that kind of thing, in my opinion.

The closest thing I can remember having for that was in the Scenario Operations, namely Dynamo and Cherry Blossom.  And both of those are "on hiatus" at the moment.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,220
[NONE]
Members
4,225 posts
12 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Tier-2 games await you.

Don't laugh. I've been playing nothing but Diana, Albany, and Emden for months now and enjoying it more than ever. I recommend it as a nice change from World of Gimmicks.

Premium time? Flags? Events? Pffft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
453
[TAZ]
Members
1,115 posts

 

7 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

To <Bleep!> with axis vs. allies.

One of the best things about WOWs is that any nation's ships can be on the same team as any other nation's ships, and the *decades ago* political connotations and emotional baggage are left in the past.

Now we play the ships we like, because we like them, and they all get to play together for the fun of it.
No ship, and no player, is shoved into one "side" or another "side" just because of the national origin of a ship design.  There is zero need for that kind of thing, in my opinion.

The closest thing I can remember having for that was in the Scenario Operations, namely Dynamo and Cherry Blossom.  And both of those are "on hiatus" at the moment.

That is YOUR opinion of which you are entitled; by the converse mine is that  "Allies vs Axis" would be good from a historical aspect.  There are players who want the mode.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,133
[WPORT]
Members
20,728 posts
22,656 battles
Just now, Nutaz said:

 

That is YOUR opinion of which you are entitled; by the converse mine is that  "Allies vs Axis" would be good from a historical aspect.  There are players who want the mode.

Glad we cleared the air and put our cards on the table.  :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,133
[WPORT]
Members
20,728 posts
22,656 battles
1 minute ago, 0ldRichard said:

Don't laugh. I've been playing nothing but Diana, Albany, and Emden for months now and enjoying it more than ever. I recommend it as a nice change from World of Gimmicks.

Premium time? Flags? Events? Pffft.

Yeah.
Low-tier games are fun and I still enjoy them when I'm not devoting my time towards the "grind" of some events or missions.
::: sigh ::::
I'd like for low-tier games to contribute towards the mission requirements, but it isn't a decision that I control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×