Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

FIVE super ships per team in one game

16 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
7,895 posts
22,089 battles

FFS, this is getting stupid.  Gimmicks are one thing, but when nearly half of each team is loaded with gimmicks...wth.

Next game...2 subs/team.  Sub players are either complete morons, or can exploit the class. Both ruin the game.

I'm really starting to not give a crap about WoWS, anymore.

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles

:Smile_teethhappy: ouch imagine if two eagle CVs find you out by yourself :Smile_trollface:

• Meh 2

[PAT]
Members
1,258 posts
15,083 battles

I mean, people had their chance to give feedback on superships, and mostly the response was "meh". It probably wouldn't have stopped their development regardless, but nobody can claim WG received universal pushback against the idea.

[O_O]
Members
7,895 posts
22,089 battles
4 minutes ago, mdog5k said:

WeeGee magic.jpg

LOL

SERIOUSLY, WG???

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,342 posts
9,621 battles

We'll see how it looks after the patch when superships aren't freely available.  I am hoping the numbers of them in battle significantly reduces.

[O_O]
Members
7,895 posts
22,089 battles
Just now, Helstrem said:

We'll see how it looks after the patch when superships aren't freely available.  I am hoping the numbers of them in battle significantly reduces.

All things are limited for a while...until they aren't.

This is the new future. 

WG creates super ships in an effort to eat up available player credits, to force them to spend money.  WG creates Research Bureau in an effort to eat up Free XP, to force them to spend money.

Yet, WG created the super signals and camo (in an effort to force players to spend money) which created the players' excess of those resources.

This is the dog chasing it's own money tail, and it is stupid.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[SALVO]
Members
16,461 posts
10,200 battles

KEK... how long to Full T11 matches? 

Or will it be hardcoded they will always drop on mixed matches?... I mean, customers gotta be served what they are paying for, right?

[5D3]
Members
1,542 posts
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

FFS, this is getting stupid.  Gimmicks are one thing, but when nearly half of each team is loaded with gimmicks...wth.

It appears WG is increasingly reliant on gimmicks than quality of life improvements for players to keep the World of Warships business afloat.

I had a similar experience with yours, although it was only 4 superships per team. Can be fun, but I can't say if it would be true had a submarine entered this match:

Link: https://youtu.be/xtNFsW6ejLg

1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Sub players are either complete morons, or can exploit the class.

Over at the World of Warships EU Forum, a WG Staff offered a defense for the current implementation of submarines, but it was exhaustively scrutinized and refuted.

Very interesting, to say the least.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/160829-seems-that-wargaming-staff-have-stopped-commenting-on-submarine-threads/?do=findComment&comment=4159705

Edited by Hukom
  • Thanks 1

[CAAT]
Members
6,270 posts
8,034 battles
3 hours ago, SuperSSL said:

I mean, people had their chance to give feedback on superships, and mostly the response was "meh". It probably wouldn't have stopped their development regardless, but nobody can claim WG received universal pushback against the idea.

Tbh, that's probably because most players have realized by now that even with universal pushback, things don't really change much. Especially if WG's internal data is showing superships as "fine" or "balanced". Or they will say that these ships are "designed" that way, and therefore require no changes. So we have no choice but to accept superships (and in a similar vein, subs).

[PAT]
Members
1,258 posts
15,083 battles
3 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Tbh, that's probably because most players have realized by now that even with universal pushback, things don't really change much. Especially if WG's internal data is showing superships as "fine" or "balanced". Or they will say that these ships are "designed" that way, and therefore require no changes. So we have no choice but to accept superships (and in a similar vein, subs).

Certainly true on the count that WG would explain them into the game anyway. But my impression has been that a lot of people just have low expectations for supership performance. They don't really seem to grasp what it will mean to be a T9 or even T10 uptiered against a team of mostly superships.

Probably a good part of that is the design of superships, which imposes a certain skill floor on their full potential. Good timing and execution is needed to make use of the adjustment fire mechanics, putting their performance ceiling well outside the capabilities of many players. It strikes me as significant that the next supership going into testing AFTER the rest go live won't have this barrier; lacking a special firing mode, it'll just be a straight-up stronger version of the T10 and quite accessible to all skill levels.

Edited by SuperSSL

[THICC]
Beta Testers
1,250 posts
8,316 battles
8 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Next game...2 subs/team.  Sub players are either complete morons, or can exploit the class. Both ruin the game.

Prepare for this to be the norm when they are added permanently for purchase.

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
976 posts
16,109 battles
9 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

You won't want to play shortly after the patch.  Just like when a new line is released and you see a lot of that type ship I am willing to bet there will be tons of Superships tomorrow

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,729 posts
26,569 battles

ITT: new thing is common in game on day of release.

[TORCH]
Members
829 posts
8,354 battles
9 hours ago, Hukom said:

Over at the World of Warships EU Forum, a WG Staff offered a defense for the current implementation of submarines, but it was exhaustively scrutinized and refuted.

Very interesting, to say the least.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/160829-seems-that-wargaming-staff-have-stopped-commenting-on-submarine-threads/?do=findComment&comment=4159705

Thanks for the link...That's the best series of arguments I've seen yet on subs...Should be mandatory reading for the team at WG...

Sign in to follow this