You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

12 comments in this topic

[ICEY]
Volunteer Moderator
451 posts
8,873 battles

Greetings, and welcome to the Fakeblog, where I post strange and imaginary designs of various ships featured in World of Warships. All of this is done in a similar format to the devblog, where a ship is posted with a brief explanation that attempts to justify the design. All the models are sourced from the game client and have been edited and rendered in Blender. 

Warning: The content below might be extremely cursed. Please proceed with caution.

FAKEBLOG #5, NEW SHIPS
American cruiser Detroit and British battleship Collingwood are added to the game for testing.

American cruiser Detroit, Tier VI

Spoiler

Detroit.thumb.png.bbef1d4acd1bb7ddda8fa0d20b576cb3.png

An American light cruiser armed with nine 152 mm guns in three triple turrets. In the 1930's, the Washington Naval Treaty limited on how many tons of light cruisers can be built. The US had 17,600 tons left over after building 6 Brooklyn class light cruisers but the remaining tonnage was not enough to build two more of them.  This whole situation was the reason for designing this project. The idea was to come up with a lighter design with a maximum displacement of 8800 tons each. Detroit represents a variant of the draft design №389 4C scheme, the same which the Dallas in-game has been derived from. At the expense of one less gun, concentrating all the firepower in three triple turrets instead of two triple and two dual turrets would greatly reduce the overall tonnage of the ship. The overall weight saved from having less main battery mounts allowed for an increase in armor protection.

British battleship Collingwood, Tier VII

Spoiler

Collingwood.thumb.png.08929959ab996daa186fecdab53d4cb4.png

A British battleship armed with nine 406 mm guns. Collingwood represents an alternate version of Nelson with a more traditional gun layout. Originally, Nelson was designed to have all the main guns concentrated at the front of the ship, with the intention of reducing the size of the armored citadel to save weight. However, if the naval treaty was more lax on limiting the tonnage of battleships back then, it would have been plausible that the British would have considered building the Nelson class with a more traditional gun layout.

*Please note, the recently announced Collingwood in the Devblog and the identical naming in this Fakeblog post is purely coincidental. I already had this ship edited and named a few weeks ago.*

Members
3,058 posts
24,694 battles

I bet you were laughing quite a bit when you saw collingwood come up in the dev blog

Edited by Trash_Taste_In_Waifus
  • Haha 1

[ICEY]
Volunteer Moderator
451 posts
8,873 battles
9 minutes ago, Trash_Taste_In_Waifus said:

I bet you were laughing quite a bit when you saw collingwood come up in the dev blog

I lost it for a bit when I saw "Collingwood", "VII" and the Nelson superstructure and I thought for a good second that my edit somehow got on their drawing board.

Members
2,734 posts
2,538 battles
47 minutes ago, Admiral_Bingo said:

Greetings, and welcome to the Fakeblog, where I post strange and imaginary designs of various ships featured in World of Warships

Idea for next cursed design: put Komsomolets's gun armament on a light cruiser, add some triple torp tubes, and slap an Izmail-esque AA refit on.

[UNHLY]
Members
4,004 posts
29,331 battles
6 hours ago, Admiral_Bingo said:

Greetings, and welcome to the Fakeblog, where I post strange and imaginary designs of various ships featured in World of Warships. All of this is done in a similar format to the devblog, where a ship is posted with a brief explanation that attempts to justify the design. All the models are sourced from the game client and have been edited and rendered in Blender. 

Warning: The content below might be extremely cursed. Please proceed with caution.

FAKEBLOG #5, NEW SHIPS
American cruiser Detroit and British battleship Collingwood are added to the game for testing.

American cruiser Detroit, Tier VI

Reveal hidden contents

Detroit.thumb.png.bbef1d4acd1bb7ddda8fa0d20b576cb3.png

An American light cruiser armed with nine 152 mm guns in three triple turrets. In the 1930's, the Washington Naval Treaty limited on how many tons of light cruisers can be built. The US had 17,600 tons left over after building 6 Brooklyn class light cruisers but the remaining tonnage was not enough to build two more of them.  This whole situation was the reason for designing this project. The idea was to come up with a lighter design with a maximum displacement of 8800 tons each. Detroit represents a variant of the draft design №389 4C scheme, the same which the Dallas in-game has been derived from. At the expense of one less gun, concentrating all the firepower in three triple turrets instead of two triple and two dual turrets would greatly reduce the overall tonnage of the ship. The overall weight saved from having less main battery mounts allowed for an increase in armor protection.

British battleship Collingwood, Tier VII

Reveal hidden contents

Collingwood.thumb.png.08929959ab996daa186fecdab53d4cb4.png

A British battleship armed with nine 406 mm guns. Collingwood represents an alternate version of Nelson with a more traditional gun layout. Originally, Nelson was designed to have all the main guns concentrated at the front of the ship, with the intention of reducing the size of the armored citadel to save weight. However, if the naval treaty was more lax on limiting the tonnage of battleships back then, it would have been plausible that the British would have considered building the Nelson class with a more traditional gun layout.

*Please note, the recently announced Collingwood in the Devblog and the identical naming in this Fakeblog post is purely coincidental. I already had this ship edited and named a few weeks ago.*

FAKE !!!! I thought you were the real deal, your ships seem more realistic than the rubbish WG I mean Lesta is pushing out :Smile_teethhappy: 

• Funny 2

Members
3,058 posts
24,694 battles
5 minutes ago, tm63au said:

FAKE !!!! I thought you were the real deal, your ships seem more realistic than the rubbish WG I mean Lesta is pushing out :Smile_teethhappy: 

Lesta is the one gone now btw

• Cool 1

[HEL-2]
Beta Testers
405 posts
10,930 battles

I would buy the Detroit too… Michigan needs another ship besides the flint! :Smile-_tongue:

Members
3,058 posts
24,694 battles
1 hour ago, Copperhead550 said:

I would buy the Detroit too… Michigan needs another ship besides the flint! :Smile-_tongue:

Flint at least lives up to her name. Makes the water quite toxic with her smoke and HE spam... now what would make detroit accurate? Chance to go into a battle with parts of your ship missing?

[HEL-2]
Beta Testers
405 posts
10,930 battles
12 minutes ago, Trash_Taste_In_Waifus said:

Flint at least lives up to her name. Makes the water quite toxic with her smoke and HE spam... now what would make detroit accurate? Chance to go into a battle with parts of your ship missing?

Chance to borrow enemy cannons…:Smile-_tongue:

[ICEY]
Volunteer Moderator
451 posts
8,873 battles
3 hours ago, Trash_Taste_In_Waifus said:

now what would make detroit accurate? Chance to go into a battle with parts of your ship missing?

If I left my citadel behind in port, that would be great.

• Funny 1

[BONKY]
Members
2,005 posts
24,400 battles

Detroit does not look like it’d win any prizes for styling but I would sure as heck want one.

and your timing of Collingwood is so perfect it’s scary.

3 hours ago, Trash_Taste_In_Waifus said:

You run out of shells halfway through the battle because you didn’t have enough cash to pay for a full magazine, and then need the government to bail you out.

Members
87 posts
3 hours ago, Admiral_Bingo said:

If I left my citadel behind in port, that would be great.

That had me laughing for 2 hour non stop:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by nimitz_733