You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Legionnare

Victims (Winners) of the Torplushie Salvo

14 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
31 posts
15,361 battles

Greetings Commanders!

The "Climb for Torplushie" event is officially at its end, which means it is time to announce the winners. Winners were initially announced on April 6th's community stream, but fear not, if you were unable to make it. I have included the winners below, along with the categories and scores.

Winners, I will reach out to you soon to make sure we get your shipping information entered accurately, so we can send out our torplushie salvo.

Fish in a Peril Single Battle Torp Hits Score
0kkei 36
topgeared 36
Comassion 35
CVsBad 35
LordOfConduits 35

Fish Market Entrepreneurs Cumulative Torp Hits Score
PanzerOne1 1853
erikmewes 1322
69MACH428CJ 1248
Redmourn 1206
shimavak 1088

Tactical Shelly-Fish Single Battle Arty Hits Score
Gosre 283
MSN_Soulgain 282
DTKGamer98 257
The_Holsh 250
MediateSprings 228

Accuracy by Volume Cumulative Arty Hits Score
HeisenbergX 15608
ziggy357 11321
Potatonaut 8593
Mem2830 6888
Smiiiley_PECK 6493

Roguish Good Luck Random Winners  
LarryKovalsky  
Edgecase  
Heisendinger  
DrunkenRednecks  
DonkeyHerder  

Congratulations again, to our winners! 

d50688d0-b1d5-11ec-b1d6-d89d6715223c.jpg

Members
24 posts
2,604 battles

35-36 torp hits is more damage than the entire healthpool of a typical game if you're using the lowest damage torps

I smell tomfoolery

[DPG]
Members
47 posts
15,561 battles
1 minute ago, ArmaGetIt0n said:

35-36 torp hits is more damage than the entire healthpool of a typical game if you're using the lowest damage torps

I smell tomfoolery

I got 32 twice and one of those times I died with the chance of still getting a few more. It can easily take 6 torps or more to kill one of the t10 ones especially if they get a heal off.

But I am surprised though at how low the number of cannon hits was to win. Was not expecting fully that 250 would get me on the board XD

[WG]
WG Staff
31 posts
15,361 battles
4 minutes ago, ArmaGetIt0n said:

Don't forget that the in-game heals are quite efficient and damage saturation is still a thing.

[TXC]
Members
12 posts
3,761 battles
2 minutes ago, The_Holsh said:

I got 32 twice and one of those times I died with the chance of still getting a few more. It can easily take 6 torps or more to kill one of the t10 ones especially if they get a heal off.

But I am surprised though at how low the number of cannon hits was to win. Was not expecting fully that 250 would get me on the board XD

Any number over 200 requires an insane amount of luck for favorable conditions. I played around 125 games I think in total on my seascythe and only came out with 200+ in maybe 10 of those games.

Edited by Gosre
  • Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
47 posts
15,561 battles
1 minute ago, Gosre said:

Any number over 200 requires an insane amount of luck for favorable conditions. I played around 125 games I think in total on my seascythe.

I was sad though cause the game I got 250 I still had 3 enemy ships I coulda shot (all same team :/ )but ended up accidentally ramming a guy XD. Though circle was getting a lot tighter so would not have been easy to get more.

Members
24 posts
2,604 battles

Just seems crazy. I had multiple games where I personally wiped every single enemy player, or almost did (8-9 kills). And never came CLOSE to 30. Highest was 21 on a 9 kill game.

I thought it was insanely lucky for me to get games where no one could kill anyone else except me... but you guys are apparently getting games where no one is doing damage to each other too

[TXC]
Members
12 posts
3,761 battles
37 minutes ago, Shenanigator_666 said:

Should be required to submit a replay...

For what reason? WG records these numbers themselves.

[CVA16]
Members
8,571 posts
26,137 battles
22 hours ago, ArmaGetIt0n said:

I smell tomfoolery

You have to account for heals, damage saturation and torps that kill the target doing the last 10pts.

But you do have to wonder what the heck the rest of the team was doing.

Edited by Sabot_100

Beta Testers
20 posts
8,790 battles
On 4/7/2022 at 1:34 PM, ArmaGetIt0n said:

Just seems crazy. I had multiple games where I personally wiped every single enemy player, or almost did (8-9 kills). And never came CLOSE to 30. Highest was 21 on a 9 kill game.

I thought it was insanely lucky for me to get games where no one could kill anyone else except me... but you guys are apparently getting games where no one is doing damage to each other too

Hi there!  I'm one of the 35-torp hit guys.  I actually don't have a screenshot of that game because I didn't notice when it happened (Been playing a lot).  It was likely a 7-8 kill game for me.

If you killed 9 people on only 21 torps, then I assume you did it in a Stealthedo - those torps have higher damage so it'll take relatively few torps to kill 9 people (Heck, at a meager 21 torp hits, you used an average of 2.3 torps per kill.)

My main ride - and is most likely the boat in which the other top hit people also got their 35-36 hit games - is the Rumble.  It can fire far more torps than any other boat when you take it's twin-launchers and torp reload booster into account.

Now, consider that the Rumbles torps are much lower than the other two main boats:

Stealthedo:  9063 damage per torp.

Seascythe:  8067 damage per torp.

Rumble:  6400 damage per torp.

The Rumble's lower damage-per-torp is a tremendous advantage.  Killing the same 15000 HP ship nets the Rumble 3 torp hits, and the Stealthedo only gets 2.  

Bottom line - if you weren't rocking the Rumble, you're far outclassed in terms of potential when it comes to highest number of torp hits in one game.  

So we have fast-firing torps and need the highest number of torps of any ship to wipe out an enemy team - but that isn't enough by itself.  Rumble torps are also very slow and hard to hit with!  If you can't hit with your torps, then you're not getting 35 hits.

That brings me to my playstyle - pure aggression.  I charge the nearest target and get as close as I can and try to unload salvos at ranges that can't be dodged.  It's very dangerous and I die quite often in the attempt, but I've gotten good at it.  I don't care if I'm alone, I'll charge a whole team by myself.  If I manage to not die and the enemy doesn't just run away, then I get kills - and I get them fast.  I've had games where I've wiped out a whole enemy team before anyone else on the map has a single kill.  So if I'm killing ships while other people dance around trying to survive, then that means in the games where I also manage to survive, then I'm almost always the one getting the most kills and thus the one getting the most torp hits.  

unknown.png

This isn't my 35-hit game but it's illustrative of the kind of game you need for one - here I got my last (mutual) kill on a Seascythe with a ram.  If I'd torped a full-health Seascythe instead of ramming for the finisher, that's easily another 6 and this could have been a 35-hit, 8 kill game.  Heck, if I'd torped the Seascythe, landed 5, and he got one of his massive repairs off then that could easily have been another 8-9 torps added to the total and gotten to a 38-hit game.

On 4/7/2022 at 1:22 PM, ArmaGetIt0n said:

I smell tomfoolery

The 35, 36 torp hit games are probably also not in typical games, but rather in games with more tier tens on the map than normal, and thus a higher health pool.  Nobody's getting highest torp hits (or highest damage or xp) in a 'typical' game, it's only ever going to come in a game where the matchmaker has stacked the odds in your favor.  

Plus as others have said, you have to consider repairs.  A single repair on any ship requires at least 1-2 additional torp hits from a Rumble to get the kill, and remember that the Seascythe has that absolutely insane 15000 point repair - that's as much as an entire extra Tier 8 ship!  Solo killing 3 Seascythes which each get off just a single full repair means you have to dish out 120K damage to drop them!  The result is that in games against multiple Seascythes (And I've been in a game with at least 6!) there's way more than enough HP to go around - the theoretical maximum number of torp hits you could get in one game is probably over 50!

[KSD]
Members
14 posts
29,149 battles

image.thumb.png.30cf65632f5dd2170215021277851d36.pngimage.png.8af49b9503cec6f96ac71d8ef1e08c7d.png
Just had this game, and I didn't even kill everything alone...had two solid teammates as well. definitely possible to get more, just requires a lot of pieces to fall into place.

Beta Testers
20 posts
8,790 battles

Yeah 6 kills and 33 torps, you certainly could have cleared 36 and then some.

Edited by Comassion

Members
24 posts
2,604 battles
On 4/10/2022 at 6:16 PM, Comassion said:

If you killed 9 people on only 21 torps, then I assume you did it in a Stealthedo

Bit late to replying here because I haven't been on in a while, but I was playing Rumble the whole time. I played as you described: as aggressively as possible.

How successful I was in game boiled down to a couple of things: how quickly the other teams were killing each other (hopefully not at all) and how competent my teammates were (hopefully not competent at all, but also hopefully going around the map just picking up consumables)

After reading your post in full though, this struck me: You talk a lot about ships repairing. I'm afraid I was being *too* efficient. Most of my salvos resulted in kills, I never gave them the opportunity to repair.

Anyway, I didn't even place anywhere in any bracket for quality. It's crazy to me, because where the heck were these people that did place? Never in my games.