You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Number9Pounder

how to handle a toxic person in the game or on the forum this is how you handle them

45 comments in this topic

[N9PTS]
Members
547 posts
2,704 battles

how to handle a toxic person in the game or on the forum this is how you handle them

one is the fact that people that are toxic in the game or kind of a hybrid between a troll and a bully  I know it's hard dealing with these people I've dealt with these people on and off for the last 6 years and the best thing you can possibly do is to ignore them because it takes away their power over you no matter how personal they get or how low they go do not stoop to their level because nine times out of ten will Target someone with a better player which is around 85% of the time which results in them taking it out on a better player even though they got sunk

and furthermore if you engage them directly in conversation you will result in being chat band buy them I've seen this thing happened countless number of times and I seen what happens afterwards

Edited by Number9Pounder
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
18,399 posts

Just put chat abusers on your blacklist and block their chat messages in the game, problem solved. In the forums, use the "ignore" function and don't be tempted to expand their posts to see if they are saying anything about you. Remember that even bad forum reputation is reputation. Therefore, the best thing to do with trolling posts that you don't like is to simply not respond to them. Or you can do like I do and respond to troll posts as if they were completely legitimate, which confuses the trolls to no end.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
15,978 posts
19,617 battles

Chat block
Blacklist

Move on from the situation.

[SALVO]
Members
12,945 posts
8,598 battles
9 minutes ago, Number9Pounder said:

how to handle a toxic person in the game or on the form this is how you handle them

one is the fact that people that are toxic in the game or kind of a hybrid between a troll and a bully  I know it's hard dealing with these people I've dealt with these people on and off for the last 6 years and the best thing you can possibly do is to ignore them because it takes away their power over you no matter how personal they get or how low they go do not stoop to their level because nine times out of ten will Target someone with a better player which is around 85% of the time which results in them taking it out on a better player even though they got sunk

and furthermore if you engage them directly in conversation you will result in being chat band buy them I've seen this thing happened countless number of times and I seen what happens afterwards

Option A: The simple way.

Don't fall to the offender's level, just blacklist/block them. Easy fix. Nothing lost... but really does nothing to "correct" the behavior, others after you will experience the same situation.

Option B: The civic way.

If you feel the offender is out of line and the experience is unsavory enough, send a ticket to C.S with the attached evidence and let "justice" run its course. You'll be fulfilling your "civic" duty and possibly helping other players to not go through the same unsavory experience by the same offender.

Option C: The Vigilante way :Smile_trollface:

If you feel the offender deserves some rightful punishment, you can use your superior language skills to taunt and troll back the offender (all within the letter of the rules), make him rage and then troll him some more, at some point he will understand the futility of his actions and behavior. He will experience no "release" from his abusive behavior and will experience how his behavior had a negative consequence leading to even more frustration. Once you break the paradigm of Abusive behavior=Emotional release, the offender will be less likely to persist in a behavior that isn't conductive to the expected reward but instead generates more frustration. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

[WOLFC]
Members
4,944 posts
14,766 battles
30 minutes ago, Number9Pounder said:

If you don’t break the rules, you won’t be chat-banned based on your chat behavior. A single “misbehavior in chat” report from a single disgruntled player in one battle is not going to result in a ban. You have to trigger multiple reports in a short time frame or have a ticket issued against you (reviewed by CS) to incur a chat ban.

TLDR: mind your language, don’t break the rules, and don’t be a general :etc_swear:hole in chat and you won’t have any problems with chat bans.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 2

[N0KAP]
Members
42 posts
10,202 battles

Just ignore them

Edited by Apetron
typo
  • Thanks 2

[CAAT]
Members
4,420 posts
6,722 battles

IF the situation is what I deem as "serious/critical and requires IMMEDIATE intervention to stop the issue at its source" (basically, REALLY out-of-line/offensive insults or false defamatory statements directed towards me), I will address the situation immediately. PMs may be sent to the offender if things can't be cleared up on the thread, to further discuss the situation seriously, and hopefully reach a conclusion that satisfies both parties. IF something is my fault, then I will do my best to apologize and rectify the situation. IF it is THEIR fault, I WILL point it out, with as much evidence as needed. If things cannot be handled further, only then do I use the Report button. Tbh, I don't usually blacklist people. I prefer to resolve bad situations  with people than to leave them and let them become worse later on. 

Otherwise? I'd probably just ignore it, if it's nothing really offensive!  ~-~°(◠.◠)°v~-~

Edited by SaiIor_Moon
  • Thanks 1

[CAAT]
Members
4,420 posts
6,722 battles
15 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

TLDR: mind your language, don’t break the rules, and don’t be a general :etc_swear:hole in chat and you won’t have any problems with chat bans.

tumblr_mhz4mb6e9f1r7kr84o1_500.gif

Be nice to others, and hopefully others will be nice to you!

Sailor Moon says!

• Thanks 1

[N0KAP]
Members
42 posts
10,202 battles
17 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Just put chat abusers on your blacklist and block their chat messages in the game, problem solved. In the forums, use the "ignore" function and don't be tempted to expand their posts to see if they are saying anything about you. Remember that even bad forum reputation is reputation. Therefore, the best thing to do with trolling posts that you don't like is to simply not respond to them. Or you can do like I do and respond to troll posts as if they were completely legitimate, which confuses the trolls to no end.

This. I actually think it would be fun if someone started a thread of the theme "Post your blacklists here!".

[BONKS]
Members
4,325 posts
52 battles

Do be careful with the blacklist, having too many players on it can severely degrade port performance.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[CAAT]
Members
4,420 posts
6,722 battles
9 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Do be careful with the blacklist, having too many players on it can severely degrade port performance.

Huh. I never even considered that, really! Guess I'm glad my blacklist is pretty empty...

sailor-moon-embarrassed.gif.9cc1670a6906b2bd535486e5a793c126.gif

• Thanks 2

[TMS]
Members
4,038 posts
41,216 battles

I don't have anyone on my blacklist now as 95% of the I can laugh it off and just not reply.

Just misbehavior in chat and move on.

Edited by Final8ty

[N9PTS]
Members
547 posts
2,704 battles
4 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

IF the situation is what I deem as "serious/critical and requires IMMEDIATE intervention to stop the issue at its source" (basically, REALLY out-of-line/offensive insults or false defamatory statements directed towards me), I will address the situation immediately. PMs may be sent to the offender if things can't be cleared up on the thread, to further discuss the situation seriously, and hopefully reach a conclusion that satisfies both parties. IF something is my fault, then I will do my best to apologize and rectify the situation. IF it is THEIR fault, I WILL point it out, with as much evidence as needed. If things cannot be handled further, only then do I use the Report button. Tbh, I don't usually blacklist people. I prefer to resolve bad situations  with people than to leave them and let them become worse later on. 

Otherwise? I'd probably just ignore it, if it's nothing really offensive!  ~-~°(◠.◠)°v~-~

thank you very much by the way

I do that whenever I can with people

some occasions you deal with people that you're giving them what they did wrong and they still won't admit They did even something wrong even though the truth the staring them Right in the face

• Thanks 1

[N9PTS]
Members
547 posts
2,704 battles
4 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

If you feel the offender deserves some rightful punishment, you can use your superior language skills to taunt and troll back the offender (all within the letter of the rules), make him rage and then troll him some more, at some point he will understand the futility of his actions and behavior. He will experience no "release" from his abusive behavior and will experience how his behavior had a negative consequence leading to even more frustration. Once you break the paradigm of Abusive behavior=Emotional release, the offender will be less likely to persist in a behavior that isn't conductive to the expected reward but instead generates more frustration. 

punishment fit for a Troll

laughing uncontrollably well reading

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
28,022 posts
19,670 battles

i had the pleasure of being supplied a screenshot and a replay file by a friend in which another player(someone that was very active in the forums b4) in random battles was undertaking a racist fueled speech in all chat over 2 years ago. 

sighting a chance to hammer a fellow forumite caught red handed for the wrong reasons, I most definetly did send both the screenshot and replay file with instructions to the right timestamp to customer support, judging how this player behaved in forums following investigations either this was the player's 1st rodeo or customer support's punishment isn't harsh enough, naturally I assume they need to be repeat offenders for harsher consequences, but otherwise I don't know how they handle this incident the player created.

racist, toxic chat or whatever speech that you feel doesnt belong in game chat you can blacklist the player or/and screenshot and save replay as evidence for customer support.

Edited by Rolkatsuki
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
27,529 posts
37,048 battles
4 hours ago, Number9Pounder said:

how to handle a toxic person in the game or on the form this is how you handle them

Forum, not form.

[SALVO]
Members
27,529 posts
37,048 battles
3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

It helps if you clean out your blacklist every so often.  Don't just add people to the blacklist and forget that they're there, only to pile up endlessly.

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
11,820 posts
20,850 battles

Just ignore them and part of ignoring is not caring, meaning, if you change your own attitude, you are not ignoring right.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
7,577 posts
19,961 battles

Read obvious troll chat...ignore obvious troll chat.

It is fascinating how hard it seems for so many players to do this.

:cap_old:

I have never used a 'blacklist'.  Perhaps it is a valuable tool for some.  I, however, am a simpleton.  I see it...I don't like it...I ignore it.  Simpleton don't need no app for that.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[TIGRB]
Members
477 posts
2,647 battles

Handling them is not hard at all. Simply go on with your game. It's simple. A word is just a word. WE give power to words ONLY when we LET them effect us. if you simply play on, words have no power what so ever. If you let words effect you, you may to worried about trivial and harmless things. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
27,529 posts
37,048 battles
43 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Just ignore them and part of ignoring is not caring, meaning, if you change your own attitude, you are not ignoring right.

This works for someone who is a normal toxic chatter.  But if they're engaging in racist, homophobic, etc hate speech, then I report it to customer support.

[WOLF5]
Members
122 posts
25,179 battles
5 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

i had the pleasure of being supplied a screenshot and a replay file by a friend in which another player(someone that was very active in the forums b4) in random battles was undertaking a racist fueled speech in all chat over 2 years ago. 

sighting a chance to hammer a fellow forumite caught red handed for the wrong reasons, I most definetly did send both the screenshot and replay file with instructions to the right timestamp to customer support, judging how this player behaved in forums following investigations either this was the player's 1st rodeo or customer support's punishment isn't harsh enough, naturally I assume they need to be repeat offenders for harsher consequences, but otherwise I don't know how they handle this incident the player created.

racist, toxic chat or whatever speech that you feel doesnt belong in game chat you can blacklist the player or/and screenshot and save replay as evidence for customer support.

I know who your talking about, he used to pin up these quasi instructional videos. Never bothered watching one.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
1,756 posts
7,820 battles
17 hours ago, Number9Pounder said:

There are a number of 100% correct responses already provided, being here...

17 hours ago, Apetron said:

Just ignore them

... here... 

13 hours ago, Final8ty said:

I don't have anyone on my blacklist now as 95% of the I can laugh it off and just not reply.

Just misbehavior in chat and move on.

... here ...

10 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

and here...

9 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Read obvious troll chat...ignore obvious troll chat.It

But if I'm honest with myself, then this... 

17 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

is the way to go. 

As previously mentioned, having too many people on your blacklist will impact your game. 

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
15,978 posts
19,617 battles
17 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Now you've got me curious about the threshold for triggering the performance impact.  :cap_hmm:
Tens?  Hundreds?  Thousands of names on a blacklist?