Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
soulsedge

(concealment while capping)I'm a destroyer player...and i think...

15 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
756 posts
1,545 battles

I'm a destroyer player, and i think in the current state of gameplay.   Concealment on destroyers needs to be toned down a little.   I have been in, and done. and watched....battleships, that can spot ships from 16+ km's away, unable to see destroyers that are within the flags.....while battleships are just outside flag capture area......torp the battleship down, without ever being seen. once.    and they aren't on the edge of the flag area.    they are 3/4 way in.

I find it a bit odd that a battleship can spot cruisers etc, 16+ km's away.......but yet, can't see a destroyer within the flag area and they are right next to it.  

again. i'm not a battleship player....i'm 50/50 destroyer and cruiser.    

but i'm finding it a bit unbalanced.     This last game i just watched a destroyer singlehandedly win the game after we dominated it, because he was capping and nobody, and i mean nobody could see him til you were nearly on top of him.....and he's just launch a wave of 9 torpedo's and sink battleship after battleship.    (including my cruiser)       My cruiser dying was my own fault.   i was a bit too aggressive.   But the battleships were literally helpless, they couldn't do anything to stop the flag cap, short of getting closer, and getting within range of easy torp kills on em.   

concealment on destroyers needs to be toned down.....IF......they are flag capping.    and only if they are flag capping.   It should be set to their default torp distance.

if your capping as a ship,  any ship, your concealment should automatically equal your highest weapons range.....unless your concealment range, is worst then gun range. then it should remain same.

• Cool 3

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

I'm a destroyer player, and i think in the current state of gameplay.   Concealment on destroyers needs to be toned down a little.   I have been in, and done. and watched....battleships, that can spot ships from 16+ km's away, unable to see destroyers that are within the flags.....while battleships are just outside flag capture area......torp the battleship down, without ever being seen. once.    and they aren't on the edge of the flag area.    they are 3/4 way in.

I find it a bit odd that a battleship can spot cruisers etc, 16+ km's away.......but yet, can't see a destroyer within the flag area and they are right next to it.  

again. i'm not a battleship player....i'm 50/50 destroyer and cruiser.    

but i'm finding it a bit unbalanced.     This last game i just watched a destroyer singlehandedly win the game after we dominated it, because he was capping and nobody, and i mean nobody could see him til you were nearly on top of him.....and he's just launch a wave of 9 torpedo's and sink battleship after battleship.    (including my cruiser)       My cruiser dying was my own fault.   i was a bit too aggressive.   But the battleships were literally helpless, they couldn't do anything to stop the flag cap, short of getting closer, and getting within range of easy torp kills on em.   

concealment on destroyers needs to be toned down.....IF......they are flag capping.    and only if they are flag capping.   It should be set to their default torp distance.

if your capping as a ship,  any ship, your concealment should automatically equal your highest weapons range.....unless your concealment range, is worst then gun range. then it should remain same.

yeah because torpedo runs are so much easier when when they can spot you 12 km away. It's not like they are going to shoot at you or have enough time to maneuver to avoid your torps. So yeah lets make DDs easier to spot  

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
756 posts
1,545 battles

yeah because torpedo runs are so much easier when when they can spot you 12 km away. It's not like they are going to shoot at you or have enough time to maneuver to avoid your torps. So yeah lets make DDs easier to spot  

lets be honest. in reality, you think a battleship couldn't spot a destroyer more then 6km's away.....if they are known to be in a certain area?  coordinates given, etc?    

I think they could.    Or perhaps we could even make the concealment, 1km deviation from their max torp range.   torp range is 9km?  make em spottable at 8km...but only while capping.   Unless of course you blow smoke.  

Remember: i'm a Destroyer player if you can look up my stats, do so, if you dont think i am.  its my opinion that it's unfair.   it's just that.  A OPINION!

Edited by soulsedge

Beta Testers
1,347 posts
2 battles

+1 OP. It's ludicrous that battleships should have to sail INTO THEIR OWN CIRCLE just to see the destroyer that's capping it. Why do I have to unduly expose myself to a full torpedo spread and death because some pud wants a cheap victory?

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
522 posts
10,175 battles

Having played a little bit of all the ship classes, I can say that the smoke benefits are too pronounced right now. Not by a huge margin, but enough to warrant some slight tweaking to the mechanic.

• Cool 1

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

lets be honest. in reality, you think a battleship couldn't spot a destroyer more then 6km's away.....if they are known to be in a certain area?  coordinates given, etc?    

I think they could.    Or perhaps we could even make the concealment, 1km deviation from their max torp range.   torp range is 9km?  make em spottable at 8km...but only while capping.   Unless of course you blow smoke.  

Remember: i'm a Destroyer player if you can look up my stats, do so, if you dont think i am.  its my opinion that it's unfair.   it's just that.  A OPINION!

what would be the point of a DD even trying to cap if the enemy team can spot them the second they enter the cap. Just because you know he is in the cap doesn't mean you know where in the cap he is. Remember DDs live and die by their concealment if you tamper with that no DD will ever try to cap again 

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
852 posts
3 battles

what would be the point of a DD even trying to cap if the enemy team can spot them the second they enter the cap. Just because you know he is in the cap doesn't mean you know where in the cap he is. Remember DDs live and die by their concealment if you tamper with that no DD will ever try to cap again 

Someone afraid their precious DD gonna get nerfed.....QQ no more one-volley torp for you.

IN MY OPINION, i dont really mind detection range, but they have to tone down torp damage (yes including Torp Bombers). I know they are some sort of an equalizer, but one volley stuff from full health, that's just nonsense.

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

Someone afraid their precious DD gonna get nerfed.....QQ no more one-volley torp for you.

IN MY OPINION, i dont really mind detection range, but they have to tone down torp damage (yes including Torp Bombers). I know they are some sort of an equalizer, but one volley stuff from full health, that's just nonsense.

Sounds like someone just doesn't know how not to tunnel vision QQ more when your Fuso gets blasted because you don't have your head on a swivel

OP please explain how the air and water are different inside a cap circle then outside one Do ships magically become bigger inside a cap circle?     

Beta Testers
852 posts
3 battles

Sounds like someone just doesn't know how not to tunnel vision QQ more when your Fuso gets blasted because you don't have your head on a swivel

OP please explain how the air and water are different inside a cap circle then outside one Do ships magically become bigger inside a cap circle?     

I play cruiser lel.

Beta Testers
562 posts
1,852 battles

Lift of DD concealment in close range and that DD is gone for good when face a decent BB player.

Better fix FPS consuming by smoke screen.

Beta Testers
139 posts
37 battles

I would say if the DD did not pop smoke then they should be detected due to their normal detection range. If they do pop smoke then just as in RL it will be hard to spot them. Taffey 3 comes to mind. Torpedo strength is fine, and I am a Cruiser/BB player for the most part. But if there is a problem with detecting a DD who is out in the open and did not use smoke then their is a spotting mechanic problem.

When concealed with smoke attacking a DD one at a time is handing the DD player the advantage but attacking from 3 or more points simultaneously will greatly improve the chance of taking the DD down

Disabling the special abilities is not fair to the DD player as smoke is the only way a DD can survive when in the open... Just my opinion on this matter

Beta Testers
625 posts
4,144 battles

It is fine as is.  For a DD to have successfully capped out evinces multiple levels of failure on the enemy team.

Agreed...your team failed not the mechanics of the game.

Sign in to follow this