You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dolan49f

Did not get replacment ships for GK or Khab

33 comments in this topic

[DW-62]
Members
7 posts
4,757 battles

I had researched and bought bought the GK and Khab, and now its saying i have to research both of their replacments.

was wondering if this has happened to anybody else

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
30,557 posts
28,102 battles
5 minutes ago, dolan49f said:

I had researched and bought bought the GK and Khab, and now its saying i have to research both of their replacments.

Who led you to believe you were entitled to the replacements automatically? Because that person needs to be kicked up the aft so hard their eyeballs bleed.

It certainly wasn't Wargaming. They made it clear from the start that the replacements needed to be reground, and in fact the forums have intermittently been filled with salt about that all this time.

• Cool 5
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 7

[CO-OP]
Members
5,183 posts
41,687 battles

This is one instance where there was broad communication before the change where it was clear that you needed to regrind the ship.  A lot of us started stockpiling XP on the FdG and Tashkent months ago in preparation for the new ships.

• Cool 5

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
15,940 posts
22,889 battles
34 minutes ago, dolan49f said:

Yes happened to all of us because that is how it works. I have been playing the tier 9's for months to stack XP up for the new tier 10's. 

[WOLFG]
Members
1,227 posts
20,965 battles
39 minutes ago, dolan49f said:

Has been a few news items about having to research and buy the new ships, as well as plenty of forum posts. Most people started building credits and XP on the tier 9s immediately last year when they announced switch was coming.

[TAZ]
Members
1,083 posts
44 minutes ago, dolan49f said:

you have to go into the respective tech tree and research and purchase them

Edited by Nutaz

[KAG2]
Members
2,402 posts
39,053 battles
44 minutes ago, dolan49f said:

In this case, WG communicated very well so no surprise here.

[BONKY]
Members
2,216 posts
25,939 battles
46 minutes ago, dolan49f said:

You have to grind the XP and credits to research and buy Delny and Prussen. It’s not like WG said this almost every time they mentioned the switch nor anyone else when answering all the questions regarding the split. 

[WOLFC]
Members
212 posts
15,375 battles

Despite the sarcasm and high n mighty responses here, I too was under the impression that as long as i researched and bought GK/ Khab, I would get them as well.  You are not alone. Live and learn I guess.

• Cool 1

[REVEN]
Members
603 posts

Its total [edited] that WG does this confusing T10 ship replacement. 

Why? it serves what purpose? nothing.

I mean, if you wanna sell ships, just put those new T10 ships in Armory for gold or Coals.

pathetic. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,392 battles

If it helps, you can think about Preussen and Delny being new sub-branches of their respective lines that are being added at the same time GK and Khab are being moved to premium (technically, Special) ship status. If you had GK and Khab, you now have Premium GK and Premium Khab, but Preussen and Delny are "new ships".

[KAPPA]
Members
3,340 posts
11,628 battles

Only way they'd give you the new ships is if they actually removed GK and Khabba from the game. Like... not premium, just gone.

Me, I'm happy that I can now play GK without worries of losing credits.

• Cool 2

[FRFR]
Members
1,608 posts
14 minutes ago, Qilang said:

I mean, if you wanna sell ships, just put those new T10 ships in Armory for gold or Coals.

pathetic. 

I am actually glad that I’ll be able to acquire these ships without spending dubs or coal.  I can spend those on other things.

• Cool 2

[WOLFX]
Members
107 posts
1,211 battles
15 minutes ago, Qilang said:

pathetic. 

Apparently it makes the tech trees more consistent. Putting the new ships in the Armory would defeat the whole expressed intent here. What's to complain about, you get free special ships.

[REVEN]
Members
603 posts
9 minutes ago, fuchsJaeger said:

Apparently it makes the tech trees more consistent. Putting the new ships in the Armory would defeat the whole expressed intent here. What's to complain about, you get free special ships.

have to agree to disagree

also, how come are there so many ppl come here to ask the same question over and over? are they dumb? or just this WG practice is confusing?

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
30,557 posts
28,102 battles
1 minute ago, Qilang said:

also, how come are there so many ppl come here to ask the same question over and over? are they dumb? or just this WG practice is confusing?

Wargaming has been spelling out exactly what was going to happen for the past four months. You can draw your own conclusions from that, and from the fact that the number of "Should I grind GK/Khaba?" posts seemed to me to increase as the day of conversion approached (when it was increasingly too late to do anything without burning yourself out or blowing FXP) rather than that conversation happening just once or twice, definitively, as soon as the announcement of the change was made back in October.

Members
190 posts
21,022 battles
8 minutes ago, Qilang said:

IF they did it they were consistent in the way they did things.  It wouldn't generate the confusion.  I didn't really think about the details other than I knew it was going to happen.  So yes I guess I was dumb to think that WG would do something the same way twice....... 

[_STD_]
Beta Testers
17 posts
4,330 battles

all it says is 

• Delny and Preussen can be obtained only after they have been researched and purchased in the Tech Tree.

That's rather Vague to say the least. Does not say oh and if you already researched these respective tier 10's you will also have to do it again to obtain the new ones. The statement is a duh for anyone that yea to get there but does not say even though you had the tier 10's in those slots you will have to research these to obtain them. So yes there is a lack of clarity on that on the news blog. This should not be something you have to ask a question about or dig in the forums for.

This is like saying you changing the parking area and you already have a permit to park there then saying the parking permit can only be obtained once you buy the permit which you already have then go to park and get told no you have to do it again because its null and void... So yes this is on WG for failing to clarify in the most viewed area for updates. 

• Boring 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,255 posts
9,217 battles
56 minutes ago, gatorken said:

IF they did it they were consistent in the way they did things.  It wouldn't generate the confusion.  I didn't really think about the details other than I knew it was going to happen.  So yes I guess I was dumb to think that WG would do something the same way twice....... 

How are they inconsistent?  Other than a couple of consumer friendly/player friendly tweaks it worked exactly the same as the last time they did this.

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,606 posts
20,073 battles
7 hours ago, dolan49f said:

I had researched and bought bought the GK and Khab, and now its saying i have to research both of their replacements.

7 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Who led you to believe you were entitled to the replacements automatically? Because that person needs to be kicked up the aft so hard their eyeballs bleed.

It certainly wasn't Wargaming. They made it clear from the start that the replacements needed to be reground, and in fact the forums have intermittently been filled with salt about that all this time.

7 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

This is one instance where there was broad communication before the change where it was clear that you needed to regrind the ship.  A lot of us started stockpiling XP on the FdG and Tashkent months ago in preparation for the new ships.

^ this

As soon as the announcement was made last year, people began to grind out the XP.

It was the same when the Moskva became a coal ship, everyone still had to grind to get the Petro.

Edited by Lord_Slayer
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
9,180 posts
7,395 battles

I guess there are still some people who don't pay attention to all the dev blogs, announcements, and patch notes. It has been constantly and repeatedly mentioned that the replacement ships would have to regrinded to acquire. I honestly can't see what's there to be confused about, unless there was a lack of proper attention and reading comprehension... lol. :Smile_smile:

Here's a little life hack: please pay attention to the fine prints. Whether you're buying a new car, getting a mortgage, taking out a loan, signing a contract, or whatever etc... it's a very very VERY good idea to pay attention to the details. No, really... lel. :Smile_trollface:

And please don't make any excuses like "I'm too busy to pay attention to the patch notes," or anything like that, because (1) if you're really that busy, then where did you find time to make posts on this forum, and (2) all the announcements can be accessed from in-game, easily. 

This is almost like the ye ol' Black Friday ships' doubloon missions all over again... lul. :Smile_smile:

Alas, I guess reading is indeed too OP for some people, lal. :Smile_trollface:

reading_iz_op.thumb.png.aedb448479c685a986ba64e88bac188a.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WPORT]
Members
19,353 posts
21,800 battles
4 hours ago, Caldorus said:

all it says is 

• Delny and Preussen can be obtained only after they have been researched and purchased in the Tech Tree.

That's rather Vague to say the least

Seems pretty clear, to me.

"R.I.F., Reading is Fundamental"
https://www.rif.org/

https://www.youtube.com/user/rifweb/about

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,606 posts
20,073 battles

Should note, the only thing that you would get for Delny and Preussen is the Perma Camo if you had already purchased the camo for GK and Khab.

If you had those Perm Camos, you got the Perm Camos for the new ships, but not the ships.

All this announced back in October.