Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Venturous_625

Pan Asian Chumpton

8 comments in this topic

[TXGUN]
[TXGUN]
Members
442 posts
7,068 battles

Like others I was able to obtain the Chumpton and the silk sunrise camouflage. I have only plaid the ship in coop. It is a ship based on the USS Atlanta.

I like her torpedoes and smoke. Her guns are okay. What I find lacking is the ship's speed at 32.5 knots. Atlanta's speed is 34.1 knots.  The ship is supposed to work with DDs. I find her top speed to be a tactical disadvantage that the other consumables do not make up for.

Interested in what other people think. Thanks.

[ICEY]
Volunteer Moderator
485 posts

For me, the biggest letdown is the lack of any detection consumables. You don't have radar like the Atlanta to scare away DDs and you don't have the option to mount hydro to detect ships and torpedoes at close range. Smoke up and it becomes a big "TORP ME" sign to every enemy DD that's within torpedo range. The nerfed reload on the guns really limits the damage output not to mention that Atlanta and Flint already suffer from poor HE pen and ballistics.

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Volunteer Moderator
2,628 posts
7,415 battles
29 minutes ago, Venturous_625 said:

Like others I was able to obtain the Chumpton and the silk sunrise camouflage. I have only plaid the ship in coop. It is a ship based on the USS Atlanta.

I like her torpedoes and smoke. Her guns are okay. What I find lacking is the ship's speed at 32.5 knots. Atlanta's speed is 34.1 knots.  The ship is supposed to work with DDs. I find her top speed to be a tactical disadvantage that the other consumables do not make up for. 

Interested in what other people think. Thanks.

For me it's the guns. I like a lot about the Chumphon, but the 6.5s base reload is so slow compared to the Flint's 5.1s or the Atlanta's 4.8s. If they buffed it to 5.5s or less, this ship would be an instant recommendation from me.

Also, check your flags! The Chumphon & Atlanta should have the same base speed. An Atlanta going 34.1 knots sounds like she has a sierra mike mounted.

Edited by Fast_Battleship_Iowa

[TXGUN]
[TXGUN]
Members
442 posts
7,068 battles
18 minutes ago, Fast_Battleship_Iowa said:

For me it's the guns. I like a lot about the Chumphon, but the 6.5s base reload is so slow compared to the Flint's 5.1s or the Atlanta's 4.8s.

Also, check your flags! The Chumphon & Atlanta should have the same base speed. An Atlanta going 34.1 knots sounds like she has a sierra mike mounted.

Yes I had a speed flag on. Thanks. Speed of both ships the same. I agree reload speed to slow. Ship is too slow. It will be a ship for tier VII ops. I am hoping the Harbin is better overall.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,812 battles

The lack of hydro is felt.  I never actually used the 'Torpedo Reload Boost' since one brace of those DWT missiles is enough to swat any large ship T5-T9.  Maybe someday, I'll need it.
With smoke, and lacking wing turrets, it's more like the Flint.

But destroyers like to hang around Atlanta class ships at the beginning of a battle since they slice and dice enemy DDs up rather quickly.
They spot them and the Chumphon will melt their faces off.

A deadly pair would be an Atlanta/Chumphon division.

[NWO-1]
Volunteer Moderator
434 posts
7,373 battles

I had high hopes for this ship because I really want an Atlanta, but the lower specs across the board bummed me out.

• Cool 1

[OGB]
Members
73 posts
12,236 battles

I noticed that the camera view from the bridge doesn't work either. I use that view a lot and as a result can't use the ship.

Sign in to follow this