You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

The Warships Regatta — Get More From Your Personal Challenges

25 comments in this topic

[BEA5T]
Members
6,803 posts
34,337 battles

If I read this event right, this really is aimed at Random (PVP) players.......  Yes, there are community tokens at 200 for the PVP crew to earn 'something"....?   Do you want to retain those of us whom, for whatever reasons, can't (handicapped or infirmed players) or won't (toxicity and one-sided stomps) play PVP???

I'm just curious:  why one segment's money doesn't have the same "value by created content" as the others....?   After all, there are all sorts of PVE "collectors" out there that have spent real money the same as PVP collectors???

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,058 posts
12,572 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

If I read this event right, this really is aimed at Random (PVP) players.......  Yes, there are community tokens at 200 for the PVP crew to earn 'something"....?   Do you want to retain those of us whom, for whatever reasons, can't (handicapped or infirmed players) or won't (toxicity and one-sided stomps) play PVP???

I'm just curious:  why one segment's money doesn't have the same "value by created content" as the others....?   After all, there are all sorts of PVE "collectors" out there that have spent real money the same as PVP collectors???

Getting out of co-op is good from time to time! Just ignore the toxicity of the chat and play randoms as u see fit it’s easy enough to get xp. It’s not even a backbreaking event. 

• Sad 2
  • Meh 1

[BEA5T]
Members
6,803 posts
34,337 battles
1 minute ago, Copperhead550 said:

Getting out of co-op is good from time to time! Just ignore the toxicity of the chat and play randoms as u see fit it’s easy enough to get xp. It’s not even a backbreaking event. 

Trust me, I started in randoms (almost 5K of them) and had to switch to COOP.....   It wasn't about "winning" or "stomps", it was about the toxicity encountered.  I had my Grandson with me one night and my daughter saw what was being said in Chat and that was it for the Grandson.......   If we are an ESRB-T game, we need to be an ESRB-T game.   I reported to the ESRB committee what I saw (screenshots) as have dozens of others.....   This game should be a ESRB-M at the least.....  It has all sorts of adult themes and mechanics.....  

No thanks....  I have accidentally loaded into Randoms and stayed (didn't DC)..........yikes !!!  Was in the top three every match and TBH, hated every minute of it......  All three were total and complete losing stomps of less than 7 minutes.  Why, in the world would anyone want that all day long???   

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion ! 

• Cool 1

[TYPH]
Beta Testers
232 posts
11,724 battles
9 minutes ago, Copperhead550 said:

Yeah.  I really don't know why WG wants me, an exclusive PVE player, to go blundering about in their Random matches.  I'm not going to enjoy it.  My teammates are going to be frustrated because I don't know proper tactics for Randoms and my presence will likely make them lose.  They'll abuse me when I make the inevitable mistakes.  At the end of the match we'll all be les happy than we were at the start.

So given the choice between "Make this event open to PVE players" or "make everyone a little more miserable", why does WG always choose the latter?  

• Cool 3

[O-PN]
Members
31 posts
28,703 battles

Only Top 10 will get the reward in professional league.....

Thats little stingy 😒 don't you think WG?

What is the chance of experienced player to get something?

• In May 2019, the number of monthly active users was over 1,000,000 players.  Thats what I found online 
  • So let's say the top 250 000 players are experienced players so out of those players the top 10 is .00004 wow!! 
  • Or just say the top 10% which is 100 000 players the chance to be in top 10 is .0001 
  • Gee I wonder why the community is getting toxic and everyone is complaining 
  • Cool 1

[WFR]
Members
111 posts
36,427 battles
43 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Trust me, I started in randoms (almost 5K of them) and had to switch to COOP.....   It wasn't about "winning" or "stomps", it was about the toxicity encountered.  I had my Grandson with me one night and my daughter saw what was being said in Chat and that was it for the Grandson.......   If we are an ESRB-T game, we need to be an ESRB-T game.   I reported to the ESRB committee what I saw (screenshots) as have dozens of others.....   This game should be a ESRB-M at the least.....  It has all sorts of adult themes and mechanics.....  

No thanks....  I have accidentally loaded into Randoms and stayed (didn't DC)..........yikes !!!  Was in the top three every match and TBH, hated every minute of it......  All three were total and complete losing stomps of less than 7 minutes.  Why, in the world would anyone want that all day long???   

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion ! 

I agree 100%. I have even setup my ships for PVE. Concealment Expert, who cares (except DDs), the bots are on you in 2 minutes. Not having CE in randoms would mean a quick death. And, most bots seem to have the radio location skill to track you down at the end of the game. There are also those cases where you are trying to get potential damage. Having concealment expert doesn't help. Have you every noticed how, when you need PD, the bots will shoot at someone else even if you are right in front of them and on low health.. :Smile_Default:

• Thanks 1

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles

Top ten players is basically... nobody. Not even a random drawing prize? The only reason I picked the professional league is because hitting 2,000 BXP five times in a week isn't hard. Virtually no one will win anything and without even a consolation prize, I can't see any motivation to do professional league other than being able to get your 1,300 Community Tokens in fewer games.

[WOLFG]
Members
1,227 posts
20,965 battles

Meh... thought it'd be like the last one with the coal as rewards.  Community tokens are far less appealing for me.  Was excited for the Personal Challenges, not so much any more.

EDIT: Was pointed out to me I was incorrect, that this set of challenges is separate from the normal ones for coal.

Edited by Colonel_Potter

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,421 posts
17,182 battles
29 minutes ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Meh... thought it'd be like the last one with the coal as rewards.  Community tokens are far less appealing for me.  Was excited for the Personal Challenges, not so much any more.

The ‘regular’ personal challenges still drop coal and the Mediterranean tokens (just like last time). This is just an ‘extra’ challenge to earn increasing amounts of base xp for additional rewards — community tokens. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
1,227 posts
20,965 battles
9 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

The ‘regular’ personal challenges still drop coal and the Mediterranean tokens (just like last time). This is just an ‘extra’ challenge to earn increasing amounts of base xp for additional rewards — community tokens. 

Ah, okay. My mistake. Thanks for the info.

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,421 posts
17,182 battles
6 minutes ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Ah, okay. My mistake. Thanks for the info.

It’s definitely an understandable mistake, especially this time. They’re using the exact same name (personal challenges) for two different events running at the same time for different reward sets.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,587 posts
31,028 battles
1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

It’s definitely an understandable mistake, especially this time. They’re using the exact same name (personal challenges) for two different events running at the same time for different reward sets.

Oh wow...so regular personal challenges are running at the same time? LOL...I totally missed that too.

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,157 battles
11 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

one-sided stomps

So this doesn't happen in Co-op?

• Boring 1

[MCCAL]
Members
178 posts
5,966 battles

I don't play PVP very often because some folks take it to seriously and get nasty.  We all like to win but being rude and using profanity makes people angry and takes some of the fun out of the game.  So I play PVP when I need to get more XP in a small number of battles and then it's back to PVE or the Operational Mode.  When people work together as a team the game takes on a better feel....more fun.  I think that's why I enjoy the Operational Mode most of all.   

As for this competition since I have yet to get 2000 xp in a battle I entered in the Amateur competition.  Either way I don't see myself being in the top 100 much less the top 10.  So I'll do the best I can and collect as many community tokens as I can.  I enjoy the game one battle at a time.... especially when I win the battle.  The prizes and achievement awards are nice but the feeling of winning in a team atmosphere is always preferrable to me.

[BEA5T]
Members
6,803 posts
34,337 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

So this doesn't happen in Co-op?

To answer you question:  sure it does !

Again, COOP is NOT PVP.....  It's more of the arcade FPS;....... designed, for the bots to lose....   It's a place where you vie to earn as much as you can in the First Person.  A fun mode that isn't at all team oriented nor competitive....

Real, PVP type Stomps  did occur in the short period of time where the 2x7 bug was active.  There were many matches in that era where you'd load into a completely one sided mess and lose.    Although, my highest scoring match was in that period and was a loss.....  But, that era was a glitch and not the rule and corrected.

And, even with the per-labotomy AI and bots, humans are expected to win !  PVP doesn't follow that process.....  So, you really can't compare the two.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
15,940 posts
22,895 battles
20 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

There is coal rewards. This is an event on top of the personal challenges it does not replace it. It is an add on.

Yes the odds of earning one of the 10 prizes is pretty low unless you are a top player. But getting the community tokens on top of the normal rewards is a very nice bonus event. Just click on amateur and enjoy the extra community tokens.

Also there is nothing wrong with WG adding events that are very competitive. Thanks to the different elements of this it is an event that has something for everyone. 

[WOLFG]
Members
1,227 posts
20,965 battles
2 hours ago, paradat said:

There is coal rewards. This is an event on top of the personal challenges it does not replace it. It is an add on.

Yes the odds of earning one of the 10 prizes is pretty low unless you are a top player. But getting the community tokens on top of the normal rewards is a very nice bonus event. Just click on amateur and enjoy the extra community tokens.

Also there is nothing wrong with WG adding events that are very competitive. Thanks to the different elements of this it is an event that has something for everyone. 

I thought it was the actual Personal Challenges, not something extra. It was pointed out in post right below mine that I was wrong, which I replied to, thanking them for correcting me.  I never said there was anything wrong with WG adding events. I am confident I could clear the board even on the professional because I do play ranked almost exclusively these days and I manage 2k base XP occasionally. Heck, even managed 3140 base XP, not the premium base, but the base base, with my Venezia the other day.  Just wanted the coal like the last personal challenges, and I had misunderstood this was the personal challenges and not additional to.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
15,940 posts
22,895 battles
Just now, Colonel_Potter said:

I thought it was the actual Personal Challenges, not something extra. It was pointed out in post right below mine that I was wrong, which I replied to, thanking them for correcting me.  I never said there was anything wrong with WG adding events. I am confident I could clear the board even on the professional because I do play ranked almost exclusively these days and I manage 2k base XP occasionally. Heck, even managed 3140 base XP, not the premium base, but the base base, with my Venezia the other day.  Just wanted the coal like the last personal challenges, and I had misunderstood this was the personal challenges and not additional to.

No worries. I did not see the other post when I responded. 

[DOINK]
Members
3 posts
6,993 battles

Question:

Why is the destroyer Groeningen not included as such in the Dutch branch of Personal Challenges?

:cap_hmm:

[WOLFG]
Members
16,771 posts
19,391 battles
4 minutes ago, DasPibe said:

Question:

Why is the destroyer Groeningen not included as such in the Dutch branch of Personal Challenges?

:cap_hmm:

Dutch only have tech tree Cruisers.

Only for ships that have a tech tree line.  (Can use Thunderer because RN tech tree BBs exist, can't use Viribus Unitis because EU tech tree BBs don't exist).

• Cool 1

[GAMMA]
[GAMMA]
Members
75 posts
9,251 battles

Found it:

All rewards, including Community Tokens, will be credited no later than March 21.

Just it was in the next section for Podium.

Edited by _Bohica_

[DST]
Members
4 posts
11,704 battles

anyone got there Tokens for the event, I know that I pick Amateur and got to 1500 xp but haven't got any yet.