Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snoopys_Odyssey

Chat Bans

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,608
[EFEME]
Members
1,571 posts
18,322 battles

It has been a while since I was last chat banned, but I still remember the most difficult part of being chat banned was others on the team don't know that you can't communicate in battle chat.  I can still do the quick commands, but that is it.  It would be nice if there was some way to convey to others on the team that I can't chat.  I know WG doesn't like to shame players, but not responding in chat also catches a lot of flak.  The game will put a little symbol next to the players name for those whom I previously chat blocked, so why not a specific symbol next to the name of those who have a chat ban or has turned off chat?  How about make "chat banned" and "turned off chat" the same symbol so no one gets embarrassed?  .  

  • Cool 2
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[HKC]
Members
995 posts
24,951 battles
3 minutes ago, Snoopys_Odyssey said:

It has been a while since I was last chat banned, but I still remember the most difficult part of being chat banned was others on the team don't know that you can't communicate in battle chat.  I can still do the quick commands, but that is it.  It would be nice if there was some way to convey to others on the team that I can't chat.  I know WG doesn't like to shame players, but not responding in chat also catches a lot of flak.  The game will put a little symbol next to the players name for those whom I previously chat blocked, so why not a specific symbol next to the name of those who have a chat ban or has turned off chat?  How about make "chat banned" and "turned off chat" the same symbol so no one gets embarrassed?  .  

Like the Snoopy, like the patch (my nephew designed it).   Basically I found nothing I said was likely to be missed.  So no loss if I couldn't speak to people.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,032
[WOLF7]
Members
1,360 posts
13 minutes ago, Snoopys_Odyssey said:

It has been a while since I was last chat banned, but I still remember the most difficult part of being chat banned was others on the team don't know that you can't communicate in battle chat.  I can still do the quick commands, but that is it.  It would be nice if there was some way to convey to others on the team that I can't chat.  I know WG doesn't like to shame players, but not responding in chat also catches a lot of flak.  The game will put a little symbol next to the players name for those whom I previously chat blocked, so why not a specific symbol next to the name of those who have a chat ban or has turned off chat?  How about make "chat banned" and "turned off chat" the same symbol so no one gets embarrassed?  .  

Rare in-game image of OP after chat ban:

Snoopy Angry GIF - Snoopy Angry - Discover & Share GIFs

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,608
[EFEME]
Members
1,571 posts
18,322 battles
40 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

Rare in-game image of OP after chat ban:

Snoopy Angry GIF - Snoopy Angry - Discover & Share GIFs

spot on.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,978
[WG]
[WG]
Administrator
1,478 posts
15,381 battles

Best way to communicate that you're chat-banned is to not get chat-banned :Smile-_tongue:

Seriously though - the vast majority of players don't speak in-game.  Yes, No, Thank you, Help, Run Away, and "PAY ATTENTION TO THAT" are all there in the chat.  That should be all need until your chat-ban is up.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,220
[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

No need to fool with silly bans when you disabled chat all together.

Especially a few years ago when I got CB's just for showing up and typing hello lol. So I disposed of it entirely.

In Russia the bans silence you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
472
[EDEG]
Members
464 posts
13,632 battles
15 hours ago, Boggzy said:

Best way to communicate that you're chat-banned is to not get chat-banned :Smile-_tongue:

Seriously though - the vast majority of players don't speak in-game.  Yes, No, Thank you, Help, Run Away, and "PAY ATTENTION TO THAT" are all there in the chat.  That should be all need until your chat-ban is up.

Easier said than done, sometimes. I've been chat-banned twice and I've never said a harsh word to another player. Not once. I'm too old and boring to bother with that kind of thing.

One ban was for insulting myself after making a stupid play. I only know because I submitted a ticket and received the transcript in response. The ban was upheld anyway.

No idea what the other was for.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,321
[FORM]
Members
2,999 posts
15,488 battles
24 minutes ago, JamesTomb said:

One ban was for insulting myself after making a stupid play. I only know because I submitted a ticket and received the transcript in response. The ban was upheld anyway.

I learned that using the "R-word" gets me a chat ban. Happened to me twice, I've learned to use other words - haven't been banned since :)

  • Funny 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,910
[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles
20 hours ago, Snoopys_Odyssey said:

. but not responding in chat also catches a lot of flak. .

Folks should be chat banned for not responding in chat.

Removal from the ban requires one in game chat.

That will teach 'em.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,081
[RICO5]
Members
3,273 posts
7,504 battles

I propose one day a year where WG flips the script and only currently chat banned people can use the chat.  It could be an April fools event or something.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
210
[TCCN]
Members
232 posts
16,685 battles
3 hours ago, TheArc said:

I learned that using the "R-word" gets me a chat ban. Happened to me twice, I've learned to use other words - haven't been banned since :)

Which is funny since TheArc is a charity for the mentally disabled. Arc used to stand for Area "R word" citizens

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
657
[_TKS_]
[_TKS_]
Members
1,497 posts
16,138 battles
19 hours ago, Boggzy said:

Yes, No, Thank you, Help, Run Away, and "PAY ATTENTION TO THAT" are all there in the chat.

the OP isnt trying to communicate (he has accepted his fate).  he just wants something to display he is chat banned. Like going Pink. 

BRING BACK THE PINK!

luv the pink. 

pink

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,027
[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,529 posts
1 hour ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I propose one day a year where WG flips the script and only currently chat banned people can use the chat.  It could be an April fools event or something.  :)

In the history of video games, there have been several that had servers for banned players.  Players that were game banned for cheats or various other offenses, were relegated to only be able to play the game on special servers that only banned players could access.  They were basically exile islands.

"Here, you want to do all this stuff that ruins the game for everyone else, go do it.  But...you can only play with other players who are going to do it to you too....forever".  Pretty funny solution.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
472
[EDEG]
Members
464 posts
13,632 battles
13 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

In the history of video games, there have been several that had servers for banned players.  Players that were game banned for cheats or various other offenses, were relegated to only be able to play the game on special servers that only banned players could access.  They were basically exile islands.

"Here, you want to do all this stuff that ruins the game for everyone else, go do it.  But...you can only play with other players who are going to do it to you too....forever".  Pretty funny solution.

Considering how toxic the chat is in the regular server, that is terrifying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,081
[RICO5]
Members
3,273 posts
7,504 battles
19 minutes ago, JamesTomb said:

Considering how toxic the chat is in the regular server, that is terrifying.

It's a lot better now than it was before I took my break a couple of years back.  The in game chat these days is downright polite compared to what it used to be.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,701
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

Players that were game banned for cheats or various other offenses, were relegated to only be able to play the game on special servers that only banned players could access.  They were basically exile islands.

:cap_look:Sir, we found an Island, literally everything there wants to kill you.

:cap_old:Sounds like a good place for a new penal colony.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,032
[WOLF7]
Members
1,360 posts
3 hours ago, Burnsy said:

In the history of video games, there have been several that had servers for banned players.  Players that were game banned for cheats or various other offenses, were relegated to only be able to play the game on special servers that only banned players could access.  They were basically exile islands.

"Here, you want to do all this stuff that ruins the game for everyone else, go do it.  But...you can only play with other players who are going to do it to you too....forever".  Pretty funny solution.

"Vidya game Alcatraz"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
483
[WOLFX]
Members
662 posts
1,690 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

:cap_look:Sir, we found an Island, literally everything there wants to kill you.

:cap_old:Sounds like a good place for a new penal colony.

Australia?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,710
Members
6,794 posts
14,370 battles

You really have to work to get chat banned sooooooo, work on NOT getting chat banned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,321
[FORM]
Members
2,999 posts
15,488 battles
9 hours ago, triley70 said:

Which is funny since TheArc is a charity for the mentally disabled. Arc used to stand for Area "R word" citizens

Wow, didn't know that! All the more reason for me to have happily removed that expression from "Tropic Thunder" out of my vernacular.

Edited by TheArc
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,052
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,659 posts
8,684 battles
On 2/15/2022 at 6:47 AM, Snoopys_Odyssey said:

It has been a while since I was last chat banned, but I still remember the most difficult part of being chat banned was others on the team don't know that you can't communicate in battle chat.  I can still do the quick commands, but that is it.  It would be nice if there was some way to convey to others on the team that I can't chat.  I know WG doesn't like to shame players, but not responding in chat also catches a lot of flak.  The game will put a little symbol next to the players name for those whom I previously chat blocked, so why not a specific symbol next to the name of those who have a chat ban or has turned off chat?  How about make "chat banned" and "turned off chat" the same symbol so no one gets embarrassed?  .  

I've never been chat banned in the years I've been playing. Down Karma? Yes. But never banned. 

If you have an issue with communicating with your team after being chat banned, then avoid being chat banned. 

If you have a little icon next to your name showing that you've been chat banned I would ABSOLUTELY shame you mercilessly in game for being chat banned. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×