Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
waterman165

G Furst and Khabarovsk

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
88 posts
4,130 battles

Can someone link the information about what happens if you have or don't have, research or not, and purchased the premium camo or not information. I can't find that original post with the info

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,375
[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles

If at any time you ever researched or owned either ship, you get her as a coal premium, even if you reset the line the night before.

If at any time you ever had a permacamo of any kind for either one, the successor (Preussen or Delny or both) gets a free standard T10 permacamo.

If you have either of them in port, you get them as coal ships AND you get credits equal to 50% of the purchase price.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
88 posts
4,130 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If at any time you ever researched or owned either ship, you get her as a coal premium, even if you reset the line the night before.

If at any time you ever had a permacamo of any kind for either one, the successor (Preussen or Delny or both) gets a free standard T10 permacamo.

If you have either of them in port, you get them as coal ships AND you get credits equal to 50% of the purchase price.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[PVE]
Alpha Tester
793 posts
19,896 battles

My GK is going to become a special ship. That's cool and all, but WG, why is this process not painless to us. What I mean is, I retrained the GK captain to helm that ship at T10. Now that captain's training is moot, and I'm going to have to pay again to retrain him in the new T10. 21 point captains are not cheap to retrain, anymore than they were at 19 points. Doesn't seem fair to me.

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
185
[PHLNX]
Members
507 posts
13,893 battles
6 minutes ago, ol_Cajun said:

My GK is going to become a special ship. That's cool and all, but WG, why is this process not painless to us. What I mean is, I retrained the GK captain to helm that ship at T10. Now that captain's training is moot, and I'm going to have to pay again to retrain him in the new T10. 21 point captains are not cheap to retrain, anymore than they were at 19 points. Doesn't seem fair to me.

Your captain will be on a premium ship (GK), so now you should be able to place him on one tech tree for free. I'm thinking just to put him on Preussen.

Edited by wyoedbrown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
743
[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,844 posts
12,007 battles
10 minutes ago, wyoedbrown said:

Your captain will be on a premium ship (GK), so now you should be able to place him on one tech tree for free. I'm thinking just to put him on Preussen.

No, he will still only be trained for the GK, same as always.  That won't change when the GK becomes a special ship.  You will have to pay to retrain or play a lot of games without skills active to train for free for a different tech tree ship.  The good thing is that the skills will still be active when used on the GK or any other premium ship even if you choose the free route.

It would be great if the captain became generic to the country in cases like this.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
133
[NGA-A]
Volunteer Moderator
312 posts
8,991 battles
30 minutes ago, ol_Cajun said:

My GK is going to become a special ship. That's cool and all, but WG, why is this process not painless to us. What I mean is, I retrained the GK captain to helm that ship at T10. Now that captain's training is moot, and I'm going to have to pay again to retrain him in the new T10. 21 point captains are not cheap to retrain, anymore than they were at 19 points. Doesn't seem fair to me.

My understanding s that the GK will be a "special" ship (just like my Marceau) so you can put tech tree captains on it without any cost (or need to retrain). You should be able to "retrain" him on the New T10 tech tree ship (Preussen) and still use him without penalty on the GK. This is a "mirror" to what @wyoedbrown had said, but I think that you are required to retrain captains on tech tree ships, but not on "Special" or "Premium" ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,303
[SALVO]
Members
27,921 posts
40,313 battles

Unless they do a full reset on the captain skills for the GK and Khaba, they're probably going to need to have the skills reset even if the captains are moved from their original ship to their new ship for free. 

The GK may be able to take her skills over to the Prussen without any need for change, but I foresee the Khaba needing to have a skill adjustment when moving to the Delny and I think that they're two very different ships with different upgrade and skill requirements.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,375
[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
49 minutes ago, ol_Cajun said:

Now that captain's training is moot, and I'm going to have to pay again to retrain him in the new T10.

You can pay doubloons, you can pay ECXP if you have it, or you can pay off the retraining cost in the very GK that WG is giving premium commander privileges.

That's the FTP model. You pay in money or you pay in sweat. But at least the option to pay in sweat is there.

In the meantime, I'm assuming you've built up enough XP on Friedrich der Grosse that you can unlock Preussen on day 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,978
[WG]
[WG]
Administrator
1,478 posts
15,390 battles

Thank you for all the link help, folks!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[PVE]
Alpha Tester
793 posts
19,896 battles
20 hours ago, Murcc said:

No, he will still only be trained for the GK, same as always.  That won't change when the GK becomes a special ship.  You will have to pay to retrain or play a lot of games without skills active to train for free for a different tech tree ship.  The good thing is that the skills will still be active when used on the GK or any other premium ship even if you choose the free route.

It would be great if the captain became generic to the country in cases like this.

Exactly, why should the players have to spend money, credits, dubs, captain XP, or time to retrain a captain because the devs want to switch boats. That is not under players control, but we are being charged for it, and getting absolutey nothing..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,103
[PVE]
Members
8,728 posts
3 minutes ago, ol_Cajun said:

Exactly, why should the players have to spend money, credits, dubs, captain XP, or time to retrain a captain because the devs want to switch boats. That is not under players control, but we are being charged for it, and getting absolutey nothing..

You don't have to retrain the commanders.  The new T10s are just that, new ships.  You always have to train commanders on new ships.  If you don't want to retrain, don't.  Keep your commanders with the GK/Khaba.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,375
[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
Just now, ol_Cajun said:

Exactly, why should the players have to spend money, credits, dubs, captain XP, or time to retrain a captain because the devs want to switch boats.

It's not a switch; it's an addition. You're keeping the old boat with added premium commander privileges, massively slashed service costs, and a free permacamo if it didn't already have one (and if you sold her, you're getting her back for free). 

If they were actually taking the GK away from you and removing it from the game completely, you might have a point. But they're not. 

After tomorrow (Thursday for some servers), anyone starting the "original" German BB line will be working toward the Preussen, not the GK. They will have to pay retraining costs to move commanders into her, just like you will have to do if you want to move the GK captain into the new tech-tree Preussen.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
773
[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
960 posts
15,791 battles
20 hours ago, SureBridge said:

My understanding s that the GK will be a "special" ship (just like my Marceau) so you can put tech tree captains on it without any cost (or need to retrain). You should be able to "retrain" him on the New T10 tech tree ship (Preussen) and still use him without penalty on the GK. This is a "mirror" to what @wyoedbrown had said, but I think that you are required to retrain captains on tech tree ships, but not on "Special" or "Premium" ones.

He is saying he has a captain trained on GK now. When it goes special the casptain will still be trained for GK and will need to be retrained for the tevh tree ship

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
773
[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
960 posts
15,791 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's not a switch; it's an addition. You're keeping the old boat with added premium commander privileges, massively slashed service costs, and a free permacamo if it didn't already have one (and if you sold her, you're getting her back for free). 

If they were actually taking the GK away from you and removing it from the game completely, you might have a point. But they're not. 

After tomorrow (Thursday for some servers), anyone starting the "original" German BB line will be working toward the Preussen, not the GK. They will have to pay retraining costs to move commanders into her, just like you will have to do if you want to move the GK captain into the new tech-tree Preussen.

Modt people have ships trained for tech tree ships and move them to premium ships since you can do that for free. I would use the same captain for GK and Prussian but now it needs to be retrained

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,375
[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
Just now, Admiral_Andy said:

Modt people have ships trained for tech tree ships and move them to premium ships since you can do that for free. I would use the same captain for GK and Prussian but now it needs to be retrained

Yes, I know that. 

Let's say you take the captain off the GK now; you are taking him off what is currently a tech-tree ship. Then if you put him on the Preussen tomorrow, you will be putting him ON a tech tree ship. The rules are simple - you move commanders between tech-tree ships, you need to retrain them. You move a commander ONTO a tech-tree ship that never had one before, you need to retrain him. Why are people finding this so objectionable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[PVE]
Alpha Tester
793 posts
19,896 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Why are people finding this so objectionable?

Because as far as I'm concerned, I'm being blackmailed into training a captain for this T10 tech position twice due to no fault of mine.

27 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's not a switch; it's an addition.

It's not an addition, we are being "given" nothing, in fact they are taking some form of currency, or time from the players to make this switch of boats.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,638
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,608 posts
5,065 battles
On 2/14/2022 at 1:07 PM, waterman165 said:

Can someone link the information about what happens if you have or don't have, research or not, and purchased the premium camo or not information. I can't find that original post with the info

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/upcoming-changes-to-the-tech-tree/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,103
[PVE]
Members
8,728 posts
9 minutes ago, ol_Cajun said:

It's not an addition, we are being "given" nothing, in fact they are taking some form of currency, or time from the players to make this switch of boats.

You only thinking about this as you're losing a T10 tech ship, and that isn't the way to look at it.  WG doesn't owe you a T10 tech tree ship out of this change.  You took the time to grind out the GK, and you'll still have that, with it now how the bonus of a premium.  If you decide you want to grind the new T10 tech ships, knock yourself out, but it will be by the same rules that have always applied, grinding, buying and retaining a commander.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,375
[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
10 minutes ago, ol_Cajun said:

Because as far as I'm concerned, I'm being blackmailed into training a captain for this T10 tech position twice due to no fault of mine.

 When did you put the commander in the Kurfurst? What are you going to do with your Kurfurst tomorrow?

Assuming you put the effort into regrinding the FDG to get the Preussen, did it not occur to you - the whole time you were doing this - that a commander transfer would be required, with the usual price (choose from CXP, EXCP, dubs) to be paid?

15 minutes ago, ol_Cajun said:

this switch of boats.

Did WG force you to grind to get the Preussen?

Did WG force you to want the Preussen?

Does the existence of the Preussen suddenly completely invalidate the GK for some strange reason?

If it doesn't, if you still love the GK, what's wrong with using the GK to work off the commander's Preussen retraining costs?

 

FWIW I have the GK in port, and have done so since mid October. I'd actually been sitting on the FDG unlocked but unbought since 2019, because people told me she was garbage, but when I heard about the switch I immediately bought her and started grinding to get the GK in port.

My GK still doesn't have a decent permanent commander assigned, because I knew she was turning 'premium' and wouldn't need one.

As for the Preussen, I'm waiting for her to come out as tech-tree so that I can play her in the Public Test Server and figure out whether the grind is worth it or not. When and if I finally get there, she'll probably get commanded by the chap who's in the FDG right now. He will probably work off his retraining costs in the GK, unless I enjoy the second grind enough to leave him where he is and choose someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
773
[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
960 posts
15,791 battles
59 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Why are people finding this so objectionable?

I have plenty of fxp to retrain him so it wont affect me much. The problem for people is that they have it trained for a tier 10 tech tree ship. The captain will now be trained for a special ship and cost time or resources to get back onto the tier 10 tech tree ship. It isnt that hard to understand why some people would ve upset about it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,375
[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Andy said:

The captain will now be trained for a special ship and cost time or resources to get back onto the tier 10 tech tree ship.

A tech-tree ship which the people involved had to make a conscious decision either to regrind the FDG for or jump to with FXP. The minute they did that, they committed themselves to the commander retraining cost. They didn't have to do that; they could have just gone on playing GK forever. 

The same is true of Moskva, which I mention because it's been what, two years since she flipped? You know, I'm still nowhere NEAR having enough ship XP on the Donskoi to grab the Nevsky, and I might never be. I ground to Tier 10 in that line because I wanted Moskva as a coal ship, not because I gave a damn about her replacement - and the same is true of Khaba and Kurfurst. 

When it comes time to retrain a tech-tree commander (I have two such grinds active at the moment), I try to choose a premium ship or ships for them which are most suited to whatever event is going on at the moment. Then the retraining effort gets folded into whatever WG wants out of the event missions and doesn't constitute an extra burden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,638
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,608 posts
5,065 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

did it not occur to you - ... - that a commander transfer would be required, with the usual price (choose from CXP, EXCP, dubs) to be paid?

1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The minute they did that, they committed themselves to the commander retraining cost. They didn't have to do that; they could have just gone on playing GK forever. 

Last time, it didn't occur to me or if it did it didn't matter; I didn't have a big captain on Moskva and still don't have Nevsky to put one on.

This time since the matter never arises in WG's documents, even among those that have read those docs closely (as I have) it never came to mind. It's a good thing someone asked the question here.

I can see why people might be surprised and upset.

Why is leaving the CO on GK rather than moving him not an attractive alternative?  Because while a TT CO freely can be moved to a premium, the reverse is not true.  In order to play Preussen with a high-point CO, he must be trained or retrained from somewhere else.  (And then there's the question of whether the builds are similar enough to share him.)

To those upset I say this:  This is the way it's worked in the past.  It's nothing new.  When the time comes, spend the $2 and move on.  Your blood pressure will thank you.

 

And console yourself that your GK just became cheaper to run.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,303
[SALVO]
Members
27,921 posts
40,313 battles
2 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

You don't have to retrain the commanders.  The new T10s are just that, new ships.  You always have to train commanders on new ships.  If you don't want to retrain, don't.  Keep your commanders with the GK/Khaba.

When it comes to the GK and Prussen, I generally agree.  But when it comes to the Khaba and Delny, I strongly disagree.  The Khaba and Delny are EXTREMELY different.   IMO, the Delny will want to have a very different module and captain skills setup than the Khaba.  And IMO, we shouldn't have to pay to reset a Khaba captain to have a skill setup for a Delny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×