You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jakob_Knight

"I am altering the deal......"

16 comments in this topic

[BWC]
Beta Testers
3,325 posts
9,849 battles

From Dev Blog 256:

"Details about which resource some of the new ships will be available for in the upcoming updates, as well as some additional information about the replacement of Khabarovsk and Grosser Kurfurst in the tech tree. 

In the first several updates of the year 2022, apart from Early Access to Pan-Asian cruisers, you will have an opportunity to put some other ships in your Port for free. We'd like to tell you which resource these ships will be available for.

FORREST SHERMAN:   The ship will be available for coal"

From the release of 0.11.1:

"Firepower containers have chances of dropping a new ship named flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22special_5d797363651721d76cdb3439cd23845bX Forrest Sherman—the lead ship of a series of destroyers that were built after World War II and designed with the experience gained from the conflict in mind. The ship relies on three rapid-firing 127 mm main guns that spit HE and SAP shells, as well as four 533 mm single torpedo mounts—two on either side of the ship. They have a long reach and good reload time but a narrow aiming sector. The destroyer is equipped with Hydroacoustic Search, Defensive AA Fire, and Smoke Generator with a small number of charges, but she has no access to Engine Boost."

So, -not- available for Coal is what WG really meant, but they got a bad translator again.  Note:  This is not Early Access.  This is the release of the ship behind a lockbox.

And yes, I know they said:  "The destroyer will also be available in the Armory in exchange for Coal later." , which as we all know they also said about the Black:  "For a number of reasons, IX Neustrashimy, VII Flint, and IX Black aren't currently highly sought after in exchange for Steel Steel. Because of this, we'll temporarily remove them from the Armory. They will return and be available in exchange for Coal Coal in 6 months' time or later.".

Yeah.

Mod Edit: Removed colors for readability.

• Meh 1

Members
2,010 posts
44 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

So, -not- available for Coal is what WG really meant, but they got a bad translator again.  Note:  This is not Early Access.  This is the release of the ship behind a lockbox.

WOWS !!!!!! >>>>>> i just got 100k of coal in your auction for the purpose of getting  2 COAL ships that you stated would be released for coal... sherman was 1 of them

Edited by arch4random
no reason

[-NACL]
Members
1,033 posts
25,030 battles

I believe it will be available for coal 2 weeks after patch drops. I'll wait :)

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

Nothing to see here, move along.

image.png.df900fa1c38b972fb2b472788f028211.png

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
2,010 posts

this is what you said in your dev blog wows >>>>>X FORREST SHERMAN

The lead ship of the class she gives name to, this destroyer was built after World War II, taking into account the lessons learned during the conflict. The ship's armament was primarily designed to counter aircraft and submarines. 

The ship is armed with three rapid-firing 127 mm guns with HE and SAP shells. Her torpedo armament consists of four 533 mm single-tube torpedo launchers, placed in pairs on both the port and starboard sides. The torpedo launchers have a very narrow aiming sector. The torpedoes themselves are identical to the Mk17 used on Gearing, but have a faster reload. The ship has access to the Smoke Generator, Hydroacoustic Search, and Defensive AA Fire consumables in different slots. 

The ship will be available for coal

you have also stated in previous announcements that players would be given time to acquire the resources needed to purchase new ships

Edited by arch4random
no reason

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,856 posts
12,319 battles
1 hour ago, Jakob_Knight said:

lock box? you mean 'lootbox' ? ;)

[PVE]
Members
8,727 posts

There are already another discussions about this.  Several sources have said Sherman will be in the armory 2 weeks later.

[BWC]
Beta Testers
3,325 posts
9,849 battles
14 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

lock box? you mean 'lootbox' ? ;)

Ahh...yes.  it seems my own translator was bad.  Lootbox is correct (though with only a ten percent of five percent chance of getting it in a box, maybe the other term isn't inaccurate either).

[NGA-A]
Volunteer Moderator
311 posts
8,973 battles

Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't this suggest that it will be available for coal AND have a chance of dropping in a lootbox?

This doesn't look like an either/or to me, perhaps someone on the WG team will drop in and clarify.

[BWC]
Beta Testers
3,325 posts
9,849 battles
7 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

There are already another discussions about this.  Several sources have said Sherman will be in the armory 2 weeks later.

Thank you for that information.  I don't believe that thread existed when I made this one.  I will default discussion to that thread.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,856 posts
12,319 battles
14 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Just like the BLACK was supposed to but.. is it there? :P

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,279 posts
16,059 battles
4 hours ago, SureBridge said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't this suggest that it will be available for coal AND have a chance of dropping in a lootbox?

This is correct.  The ship will be available via our new Firepower container, but our CCs have released the information that she will be available for Coal in 2 weeks.  She will also be available for Doubloons or the Premium Shop, as well.

Part of our Statement to our Community was that we would not lock ships behind containers with no alternate means of acquiring the ship.  We did state that we could time-delay the release of the alternate method, which we have done here to the amount of 2 weeks time.

• Thanks 1

[CO-OP]
Members
5,180 posts
41,646 battles
22 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Thanks.  Look forward to adding Sherman in a couple of weeks.