You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JoshieB

Shchors broken?

13 comments in this topic

[905]
Members
1 post
783 battles

I just faced two Shchors one after another and my battleship had four fires set too him after he had just extinguished three/four others. Took the liberty to look at the chance to set fires and it is 20%, so is our luck just terrible or is this ship bugged?

[WOLFG]
Members
16,771 posts
19,391 battles

Fires are a chance roll.  Sometimes it rolls a natural.

Sometimes it rolls snakeyes.

• Cool 1

[KAG2]
Members
2,402 posts
39,053 battles
32 minutes ago, JoshieB said:

I just faced two Shchors one after another and my battleship had four fires set too him after he had just extinguished three/four others. Took the liberty to look at the chance to set fires and it is 20%, so is our luck just terrible or is this ship bugged?

That's just what they do, stay at range and start fires. Now you know.

[AFK-2]
Members
643 posts
6,036 battles

No Schors is an incredible long range HE spammer at Tier 7 but the ship is very fragile. I would say that what you witnessed was just good/ bad (depending on who you are) RNG.  

[WOLF7]
Members
1,360 posts
1 hour ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

That's just what they do, stay at range and start fires. Now you know.

The G.I. Joe Fallacy: Knowing is not enough - Idea to Value

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,197 posts
28,855 battles

You do know that if you blow on them, they get quadruple cit, dev struck....

Right?

[SUNK-]
Members
328 posts
8,040 battles

What's with people pointing out that the Schors is squishy? What does that have to do with the OPs topic?

It sounds like you were very unlucky and they were very lucky. I have noticed some "lucky" fires on my BBs lately, but considering fires are RNG based its hard to tell if that is just luck or if there is something else going on behind the scenes.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,585 posts
30,508 battles
24 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

You do know that if you blow on them, they get quadruple cit, dev struck....

Right?

That's why WG gave these RUCLs great gunnery for long range combat.  Budyonny, Schors, Chappy, Kirov, for example.  Very squishy hulls and they need to be able to stay at range and remain in play.  I remember when I first got Schors I made the huge mistake on playing aggressive.  She's too big, her concealment is bad, the gun handling is awful if you find surprises, her agility is awful, and her Citadel is massive.  But if you keep at range and keep dealing slow, steady damage, Schors began to sing for me.  She was the first ship I ever got "Hackused" on.

[-HUGS]
Members
872 posts
12,475 battles
3 hours ago, JoshieB said:

One very important thing to consider beside fire RNG is the Tier of your battleship, and what hull you had.
Why? Because it directly impacts fire resistance.  And the difference can be huge; there is almost 17% difference in fire resistance between a T8 BB with upgraded Hull, and a T6 BB with A-Hull.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire

So if you get  unlucky as to be bottom tier in a T5 BB, A-Hull, going against a Schors with a HE spamming build (pyrotechnician skill) + all relevant signals applied.... This is something that I could see happening without too much bad luck involved.

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,606 posts
20,073 battles
1 hour ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

What's with people pointing out that the Schors is squishy? What does that have to do with the OPs topic?

Because of the topic title and how the OP wrote his statement, it took a second reading to understand that it was OPs ship burning and not the Schors

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,197 posts
28,855 battles
16 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

That's why WG gave these RUCLs great gunnery for long range combat.  Budyonny, Schors, Chappy, Kirov, for example.  Very squishy hulls and they need to be able to stay at range and remain in play.  I remember when I first got Schors I made the huge mistake on playing aggressive.  She's too big, her concealment is bad, the gun handling is awful if you find surprises, her agility is awful, and her Citadel is massive.  But if you keep at range and keep dealing slow, steady damage, Schors began to sing for me.  She was the first ship I ever got "Hackused" on.

My favorites of the RU cruiser line:

Buddy, Moskva & Nvesky