You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
chrishg

What the H#@LL is with Ranked?

18 comments in this topic

[D_INC]
Members
23 posts
33,027 battles

5 games in ranked tonight ( in different ships) all epicenter all tears of the desert. I hate epicenter.  Is WG trying to kill this game off?

• Cool 7
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[SALVO]
Members
27,921 posts
40,313 battles
1 minute ago, chrishg said:

5 games in ranked tonight ( in different ships) all epicenter all tears of the desert. I hate epicenter.  Is WG trying to kill this game off?

There's nothing wrong with Epicenter.   I enjoy getting Epicenter maps.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 7

[N-W-T]
Members
55 posts

EPICENTER SUCKS! Plus having to win 5 games straight with randoms AFTER  getting to Rank one to move on is STUPID!!!!! It was hard enough to get to Rank 1! WG persists with [edited] and its destroying the gameplay.

• Cool 4
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[RLGN]
Members
18,934 posts
34,471 battles
33 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Used to hate it.

As I’ve said; had two good games on EpiTrident; one in Dunkerque, one in Colorado; then had an epiphany.

After that I’ve liked it.

One would think that folks who like to brawl would like Epicenter.

[PVE]
Members
10,587 posts
31,028 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

One would think that folks who like to brawl would like Epicenter.

I like to brawl...

The problem is when the whole red team also likes to brawl...

& the rest of your team doesn't :-0

But I have never hated epicenter....

I actually like it now...

& I abhorred it when it 1st came out...but never hated it.

My main complaint with it was it stayed & Bastion was removed...

Just nerf the damn forts already & bring back the funniest (-: spell checker...funnest :-) mode the game ever had (other than the temporary fast DD modes like Rouge Wave & the other 1 I can't remember the name of).

Woo Hoo...Rouge Wave is returning...YAY!!!

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[RLGN]
Members
18,934 posts
34,471 battles
7 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I like to brawl...

Just nerf the damn forts already & bring back the funniest mode the game ever had (other than the temporary fast DD modes like Rouge Wave & the other 1 I can't remember the name of).

I want Bastion Mode back with player controlled forts. (I want to use Fort Drum.)

• Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
10,587 posts
31,028 battles
8 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I want Bastion Mode back with player controlled forts. (I want to use Fort Drum.)

I think the player that capped the cap (most points towards it on shared captures) should be able to prioritize a target for the forts to shoot at...but only if they are still in the cap & haven't left since capping it.

& a partial XP (spotting damage equivalent) boost for any damage the first does to ships they have selected.

An icon above their ship to indicate to the team the benefit of them staying in that cap...not that it would always be best for them to do that...but anyway.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[RLGN]
Members
18,934 posts
34,471 battles
2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I think the player that capped the cap (most points towards it on shared captures) should be able to prioritize a target for the forts to shoot at...but only if they are still in the cap & haven't left since capping it.

Literally player controlled; as in Fort Drum is the ship/unit I bring to the game.

(Possibly including an ‘airfield,’ and replacing the carrier slot. Maybe you spawn randomly at 2-3 possible ‘base’ locations? At least folks couldn’t cry about a ‘carrier’ hiding in such a case.)

[PVE]
Members
10,587 posts
31,028 battles
20 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Literally player controlled; as in Fort Drum is the ship/unit I bring to the game.

(Possibly including an ‘airfield,’ and replacing the carrier slot. Maybe you spawn randomly at 2-3 possible ‘base’ locations? At least folks couldn’t cry about a ‘carrier’ hiding in such a case.)

Oh...that could be cool as an option...but wouldn't be able to be in the random rotation...

I was referring to it returning as a random rotation mode***.

***Mode ain't the best term for this:

Co-op/Random/etc are the modes...

Brainfarting on the proper terminology for Standard/Domination/Epicenter/Bastion/etc. in relation to them being types of random/co-op options.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[RLGN]
Members
18,934 posts
34,471 battles
57 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Brainfarting on the proper terminology for Standard/Domination/Epicenter/Bastion/etc. in relation to them being types of random/co-op options.

Map types, I think?

[UNCLN]
Members
389 posts
18,751 battles

I hate ranked, I started with 3 star left, and after 13 games I am now stuck at 3 star left again.

I guess a middle finger for me saying you ain't going to get the 200 dub, 200 steel . 

Edit:

Did 4 today, 2 step forward 2 step back.

Screw it, I am done with it.

Edited by a252

0 posts

rotation. took me awhile to figure this out.

Its a "stand off" mode. Either you spin clock wise or counter clock wise while holding zones. Or not.

[WOLF2]
Members
168 posts
19,935 battles
3 hours ago, Smthkd said:

EPICENTER SUCKS! Plus having to win 5 games straight with randoms AFTER  getting to Rank one to move on is STUPID!!!!! It was hard enough to get to Rank 1! WG persists with [edited] and its destroying the gameplay.

Epicenter is fine, but I agree with the win more to move on is moronic...

[SALVO]
Members
27,921 posts
40,313 battles
6 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I call them battle modes, as opposed random/coop/operations, etc. which I call game modes.

• Thanks 1

[WGOC]
Members
2 posts
7 hours ago, a252 said:

I hate ranked, I started with 3 star left, and after 13 games I am now stuck at 3 star left again.

I guess a middle finger for me saying you ain't going to get the 200 dub, 200 steel . 

Edit:

Did 4 today, 2 step forward 2 step back.

Screw it, I am done with it.

thought the song went 2 steps forward one step back... think you got something mixed up there.

• Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles

Has Rank fatigue set in yet ??? All I know, someone (or percentage of players) will like the offerings of Rank..

Its an acquired taste.

• Meh 1

Members
523 posts
11,672 battles
11 hours ago, Crucis said:

Agreed. Those hating Epicenter are very likely to be either long-range snipers or campers (based on my observation). In Epicenter maps, the team with more so-called close-range engagement haters is more likely to lose. 

[SALVO]
Members
27,921 posts
40,313 battles
21 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I like to brawl...

Just nerf the damn forts already & bring back the funniest (-: spell checker...funnest :-) mode the game ever had (other than the temporary fast DD modes like Rouge Wave & the other 1 I can't remember the name of).

A couple of remarks here.

1. I don't think that one MUST brawl in epicenter, though it does help.  That said, I don't think that it's easy or perhaps possible to win on epicenter if one never gets onto some of the rings.  But that's not really any different from domination.  If you don't challenge the caps in Domination, you're unlikely to win in that mode either.  I don't think that winning is likely in Domination or Epicenter if you stay far outside of the caps/rings and challenge for control with long range sniping.

2. Bastion.  I never really liked Bastion because it wasn't self-evident how to properly play that mode.  Domination and Epicenter are pretty darned obvious how to play.  Bastion never was.

3. Rogue Wave.  I hated Rogue Wave.  I hate all of the game modes that are 100% DD play.  They're boring AF, not to mention the fact that your ships don't look like real ships in the least.