You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Caryelah

How to grind Tier 8-9 ships faster in Co-op?

13 comments in this topic

Members
81 posts
160 battles

Hi.

Is there's a good way to grind tier 8-9 tech tree ships in Co-op?

The Tier 6-7 is easy grind for me thanks to the operations.

But Tier 8 and tier 9 becomes harder to grind.

I'm grinding Soviet BB line at the moment. I'm currently at tier 9 Sovetsky Soyuz. I have premium time.

I love this ship. It is so fun to play. I've researched her B hull. I want Kremlin so bad.

Here's my some battle results:

Without camo equipped:

WorldOfWarships64_2022_02_13_02_41_33_190.thumb.png.f5cc0e948e860366406fc184965cfee9.png

With camo but lower damage:

WorldOfWarships64_2022_02_13_03_02_56_147.thumb.png.d7e2edd57d56990ca94ffc51183324cb.png

Flags and camouflage i use:

224191297_WorldOfWarships64_2022_02_13_03_04_43_0862.thumb.png.1dba6cb0c3817828a89997b41ae0d167.png

1623365990_WorldOfWarships64_2022_02_13_03_05_00_1782.png.76f2ae7b71e40c71f8225d62445362d8.png

If there's a better way to grind Tier 8 and Tier 9 i would like to know.

Thanks.

~Caryelah

[PVE]
Members
8,733 posts

Don't burn signals, buy perma camos for the lines you like playing.  That helps, but it's still a grind.  Just get in the habit of smashing that battle button.

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
615 posts

Play more Ops, FXP past them (save your signals for Ops)? That's what I did for a few Coop grinds.

Tier IX is painful to grind through in Coop. Especially if credits are low. Once you get the tier X and if you decide you like it, slap on a perma camo. I have plenty that are port queens / collections.

Edited by xamdam

[NGA-A]
Volunteer Moderator
315 posts
9,023 battles

I ground most of my T10's in co-op and Operations. Running *all* the flags (including the dragon streamer ones) and getting a decent operations score will net you 10,000+ XP and FXP. If you play the campaigns one of them will give you a T9 Camo for free (which I put on the FDG - German T9 and my current favorite BB)

Mostly I just made sure to play the ship every day to get the +50% XP Bonus. It takes a while (it was almost a year before I got my First T10) but you can do it. I am still under 200 random battles, and have just cracked Research Bureau (which requires 5 tech tree ships) - and I used about 300k FXP, largely accumulated in scenarios to do it.

It is *faster* if you flag up and do random battles, but they can be somewhat "salty". Recognizing that this is (slightly) off topic, I find that the "special" PvP events (Asych, Grand Fleet, Convoy and upcoming blimp battles) tend to be tier 8-10 and have players who are willing to help you out in the PvP environment. Yes, it's PvP, but (IMO) it's *fun* PvP. I got about 30% of the XP for my Grosser Kurfurst by playing the FDG in Grand Fleet with lots of flags, and had fun doing it. Clan Brawls / battles are also good XP earners - especially if your clan is doing it for fun. My clan has a *horrible* random rate - IIRC we average around 45% win rate and generally lose more than we win in clan battles. This is another "PvP" stream where folks are generally "low sodium" and (hopefully) your clan mates aren't going to dump on you for a bad play.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
9,181 posts
7,403 battles

Your best bet is to get (1) some Premium Time, (2) the perma camo, AND (3) the standard economic signal flags... and then do your best, while crossing your fingers for some good matches.

Without all three of the above, you're gonna fall a tad bit short most of the time, unless you can consistently have great games. However, even with all three, considering the current poor state of Coop, you could still end up with a meager earnings on a regular basis.

I do not suggest mounting any of the premium mythical creature signal flags or the one-time-use temp camos... unless you never play any other modes (not even the Operations), and/or you have tons and tons of them to burn. 

To be frank, nothing is gonna beat the PvP modes for the overall earnings. If you want a more... speedy growth, then you're probably gonna have to venture there. Otherwise, you can only just grit your teeth and grind through as is. It is what it is. :cap_old:

[5D3]
Members
1,483 posts

Co-op is an extremely inefficient mode to grind Tier VIII to Tier IX ships. 

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
615 posts
1 hour ago, Hukom said:

Co-op is an extremely inefficient mode to grind Tier VIII to Tier IX ships. 

Was that ever brought into question? 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,660 posts
12,444 battles
7 hours ago, Caryelah said:

Hi.

The Tier 6-7 is easy grind for me thanks to the operations.

But Tier 8 and tier 9 becomes harder to grind.

I'm grinding Soviet BB line at the moment. I'm currently at tier 9 Sovetsky Soyuz. I have premium time.

I love this ship. It is so fun to play. I've researched her B hull. I want Kremlin so bad.

Here's my some battle results:

Without camo equipped:

WorldOfWarships64_2022_02_13_02_41_33_190.thumb.png.f5cc0e948e860366406fc184965cfee9.png

With camo but lower damage:

WorldOfWarships64_2022_02_13_03_02_56_147.thumb.png.d7e2edd57d56990ca94ffc51183324cb.png

Flags and camouflage i use:

224191297_WorldOfWarships64_2022_02_13_03_04_43_0862.thumb.png.1dba6cb0c3817828a89997b41ae0d167.png

1623365990_WorldOfWarships64_2022_02_13_03_05_00_1782.png.76f2ae7b71e40c71f8225d62445362d8.png

If there's a better way to grind Tier 8 and Tier 9 i would like to know.

Thanks.

~Caryelah

Honesty saving your camos and signals for tier 6 and 7 ops are the best way to grind through your tier 8s and 9s through the use of free xp

So you would need to use your ideal tier 6/7 ship where them being premiums ships would be better if you are well versed in using them for the ops. Then you just procure fxp that way which will be loads faster than playing the tier 8s and 9s in co op mode only.

[CUDA]
Members
1,374 posts
13,206 battles

Sorry, coop is not your friend for Tiers 8 through 10.  As mentioned, tiers 5-7 are your bread and butter in coop, play them a lot and build up credits and free xp until you can afford the new ship. Play the ship you're working up but balance money lost against experience gained. Once you have the money to buy the barebones ship start playing it. Coop is very forgiving and you don't need the ship totally pimped out to use it.

I don't swap captains around so I like to play the ship a couple times with all the captain-xp earning lipstick (usually will get him to 3 or 4) then use elite captain xp to bump him up to 6.

It will take me 2 weeks to a month to afford a tier 10 ship, but there's no rush, tiers 5-7 are fun too.

[AM-PM]
Members
301 posts
8,087 battles
14 hours ago, Caryelah said:

Hi.

Tech tree battleships from VIII-X are going to be a break even proposition in coop.  You'll have some good battles, but will also have the ones where you get off 1-2 broadsides crossmap hitting ships that died before your shells landed with every other red ship blocked by terrain.... and then torped to death before you even see them :)  Then you pay credits for the privilege of not getting to play!  This is where the PvE forums fill with complaints about Co-op, economy, and whether this whole thing is actually "free to play".

So, no.

Only do the stuff that you find enjoyable.  If it isn't fun, do something else for a while.

Fair winds and following seas!

[SVEN]
Beta Testers
665 posts
17,034 battles

So basically the suggestion is the fastest way to grind tier VIII and IX ships in coop is to not play them at all and just FXP past them using your hauls from play tier VI and VII ops.  What if he...I don't know...wanted to actually play the ships?

Generally speaking, DDs are the easiest in the current meta and cruisers usually aren't too bad, depending on the ship.  BBs take forever.  Faster ships are at least OK sometimes but the slow ones (Kansas, Minnesota...etc) are pointless if there are any more than 2 DDs.

There's no magic bullet.  It's called grinding for a reason.  Just be as consistent as you can both with how you play (successfully) and how often and suddenly you're at 150k.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,606 posts
30,513 battles
5 minutes ago, utgotye said:

So basically the suggestion is the fastest way to grind tier VIII and IX ships in coop is to not play them at all and just FXP past them using your hauls from play tier VI and VII ops.  What if he...I don't know...wanted to actually play the ships?

Generally speaking, DDs are the easiest in the current meta and cruisers usually aren't too bad, depending on the ship.  BBs take forever.  Faster ships are at least OK sometimes but the slow ones (Kansas, Minnesota...etc) are pointless if there are any more than 2 DDs.

There's no magic bullet.  It's called grinding for a reason.  Just be as consistent as you can both with how you play (successfully) and how often and suddenly you're at 150k.

No.  You play.  And play well.  That's it.  And you do it again.

You can use Signal Flags if you want, but if you do both PVP & PVE, I suggest saving them for PVP where your payouts merit use of them.  If you only do PVE only, then Signal Flags being used for a specific grind may be in order, but understand you can burn through them.

But do not use the very precious stuff like Dragon Flags.  Save them for PVP and Operations.

High Tier BBs are super easy to grind because almost every single one of them are Fast BBs.  You have oddities like Kansas and MinneSLOWta, but pretty much every other BB in High Tier are Fast Battleships.

Super Easy.  Barely an inconvenience.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
37 posts
19,056 battles

For Chinese New Year, WG gave us 200% bonus xp for 3 days.  Sometimes they'll give 100%, those are the days that you wait for to use your good camos and flags to boost your xp.