You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RoentgenMD

So if war breaks out...

26 comments in this topic

[BTLST]
[BTLST]
Members
889 posts
3,892 battles

Will the resulting complete western embargo disrupt WOWS? Or are there sufficient international servers?

Serious question (and serious scenario). TIA

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
16,908 posts
22,074 battles
5 minutes ago, Dr_Seadog said:

Will the resulting complete western embargo disrupt WOWS? Or are there sufficient international servers?

I dont think Russia is going to war.. If they do, its the worst mistake a leader would've done since WW1 and WW2..

WOWS servers are in the US side... The only servers that are affected are servers not accessed by the general population (PTS and up). ... Its a minuscule inconvenience.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,852 posts
2,993 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

I dont think Russia is going to war.. If they do, its the worst mistake a leader would've done since WW1 and WW2..

WOWS servers are in the US side... The only servers that are affected are servers not accessed by the general population (PTS and up). ... Its a minuscule inconvenience.

Yeah either way Russia ends up losing if it doesn't invade it will look bad and if he does it will be worse :Smile_hiding: Can they invade and occupy Ukraine sure but keeping it is another thing entirely  :fish_palm: They are saying Ukraine can be Afghanistan 2.0 for Russia :fish_book: A war to gain nothing only to pullout after ten years of loses and attrition :fish_sleep:

[PVE]
Members
8,651 posts
1 hour ago, _Ironhorse_ said:

Quit watching the media....

3 down votes?  It's a joke, no one get offended.

Edited by Ahskance
Mod Edit: Removed Political References
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

[WOLFG]
Members
16,284 posts
18,398 battles
44 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

3 down votes? It's a joke, no one get offended.

I'd be offended

Except I don't know who [person] is.  (Heard of the other two).

Edited by Ahskance

Members
4,645 posts
16,248 battles
44 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

3 down votes?  It's a joke, no one get offended.

How do you know for certain that is a joke?

edit: Anyways. Most likely nothing will happen to the game. 

Edited by Ahskance

[PVE]
Members
8,651 posts
Just now, Rollingonit said:

How do you know for certain that is a joke?

My post was the joke, I'm certain of that.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,852 posts
2,993 battles
2 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Well you know nowadays people are triggered by anything even jokes :Smile_teethhappy: JOking is not allowed any more cause feels :Smile_smile:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Boring 1

[0HFFS]
Members
157 posts

I got the joke and I did not need an alarmist media to tell me it was a joke :)

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
7,669 posts
20,639 battles
59 minutes ago, Dr_Seadog said:

What I read..."If a potential WWIII breaks out, can I still play my video game?"  Sorry, I know that isn't what you meant, but the thought popped in my head and I chuckled.

50 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I dont think Russia is going to war.. If they do, its the worst mistake a leader would've done since WW1 and WW2...

And yet, WW1 and WW2 happened.  You know what they say about history.

And, look at the people in charge around the world, today.  I have more faith in the worst case scenario happening than I do that "common sense" will prevail.

[PVE]
Members
8,651 posts
3 minutes ago, _Ironhorse_ said:

I got the joke and I did not need an alarmist media to tell me it was a joke :)

Alarmist, you're more polite than me.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
4,645 posts
16,248 battles
2 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

What I read..."If a potential WWIII breaks out, can I still play my video game?"  Sorry, I know that isn't what you meant, but the thought popped in my head and I chuckled.

And, look at the people in charge around the world, today.  I have more faith in the worst case scenario happening than I do that "common sense" will prevail.

Russia probably will invade. Knowing Russia's economic situation, it doesnt many sense to move all these troops and supplies like this. The logistical cost alone will force them to. Unless this is just how they plan to deploy their troops for future conflict. 

[PVE]
Members
8,651 posts
3 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

Russia probably will invade. Knowing Russia's economic situation, it doesnt many sense to move all these troops and supplies like this. The logistical cost alone will force them to. Unless this is just how they plan to deploy their troops for future conflict. 

Kinda makes you wonder what is actually going on that makes Russia want to spend money they don't really have.

Edited by Slimeball91

[WOLF1]
Members
3,295 posts
1 hour ago, LastRemnant said:

Yeah either way Russia ends up losing if it doesn't invade it will look bad and if he does it will be worse :Smile_hiding: Can they invade and occupy Ukraine sure but keeping it is another thing entirely  :fish_palm: They are saying Ukraine can be Afghanistan 2.0 for Russia :fish_book: A war to gain nothing only to pullout after ten years of loses and attrition :fish_sleep:

wg should give him acct with all the best premium ships, so he won't start a real war, world peace ftw

• Funny 1

Members
4,645 posts
16,248 battles

Kinda makes you wonder what is actually going on that makes Russia want to spend money they don't really have.

NATO's possible expansion. Losing support of the Russian people. Distract with conflict, rally the people against an "enemy". Bolster international reputation as a legitimate military threat. Might help with economics. 

[WORX]
Members
16,908 posts
22,074 battles
16 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Its complicated... Many factors went in to making WW1 and WW2 possible.. If Russia invades because of revisionism of history or a distorted view of history or perceived wrong doing by NATO... That is what I'm referring too specifically. It going to be the worst mistake a leader can do.

Edited by Navalpride33

[ARR0W]
Members
5,702 posts
31,167 battles
1 hour ago, LastRemnant said:

Who's throwing them out? Ukraine is almost completely encircled by Russia. Parts of Western Europe are completely neutralized by the need for Russian natural gas. The US has already shown its cards in the form of "severe economic sanctions". The only wild card is the persistence of the Ukrainians, and whether this could continue as a prolonged insurgency, but the logistical and terrain problems of Afghanistan dont apply.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
18,557 posts

WOWS is a Belarusian company based in Cyprus, it's NA servers are in America. About the only thing that sanctions against Russia would do would be to disrupt upgrades coming out of Lesta.  However, it's ludicrous to think that Russia is going to invade a country when the EU, NATO, the US, and all its other allies are opposed to it. How would they would they benefit? Do you realize why the US beat the Japanese in WWII? If you don't just look at the economies. Now, look at the combined economies of the US and its allies versus Russia.

Edited by Snargfargle

[ARR0W]
Members
5,702 posts
31,167 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Seadog said:

This reminds me of an interview on late night radio long ago about geopolititcs and the Cold War with Dr Zbigniev Brzezinski. 

A caller got on the air and asked Zbiggy " If theres a nuclear war, will the EMP erase my VHS tapes?". 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

[CLUMP]
Members
2,852 posts
2,993 battles
7 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

Who's throwing them out? Ukraine is almost completely encircled by Russia. Parts of Western Europe are completely neutralized by the need for Russian natural gas. The logistical and terrain problems of Afghanistan dont apply. The US has already shown its cards in the form of "severe economic sanctions". The only wild card is the persistence of the Ukrainians. 

Most of the population in Ukraine is armed already preparing :Smile_hiding:  Not to mention that doesn't stop the U.S or European countries from helping or funding groups within Ukraine :Smile_bajan2: Also all the countries that are not in Nato that will join after said invasion :Smile_child: Russia will lose a lot more than they will gain :fish_boom:

Edited by LastRemnant