You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kaiser_Wilhelm_1st

New Ship Suggestion: Rival to the Incomparable

5 comments in this topic

Members
24 posts
2,471 battles

SUPER GRAF SPEE  

:Smile_great:

Would the community be welcome to a ship with similar stats to the incomparable only modeled on the layout of the Admiral Graf Spee?

When I saw the initial parameters for the Incomparable I couldn't help but think about the Graf Spee (being a cruiser with incredibly oversized guns). seeing how the Incomparable has battlecruiser speed and Huge guns, I would like to offer up a hypothetical Rival Development -- a Graf Spee on steroids. It would be of similar length and slender profile to the Incomparable while having an aesthetic of the German premium cruiser. The gun count of 6 would be the same as the incomparable only in a 2x3 turret setup exactly like the Spee with the caliber being same as well. the ship obviously would not get the British Repair Party or a speed boost but instead have: a normal repair party, Spotter/Fighter, German Hydro and an extended torpedo deck on the stern (Deck designed like Spee) with 4x4 8 kilometer torpedo launchers (modelled with the armored covers similar to Spee and Prinz Heinrich). Another feature would be the rear gun turret rotation of 360 degrees. For the last aesthetic part, of course we cant forget the Zeiten's conning tower (looking better on a long ship instead of its odd placement on Zeiten)

Let me know what you guys think.

Edited by Kaiser_Wilhelm_1st
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[ICEY]
Volunteer Moderator
485 posts

If you thought the dual 20'' turret was big, wait till you see a triple version of it :cap_haloween:

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
5,093 posts
15,518 battles
10 hours ago, Kaiser_Wilhelm_1st said:

Let me know what you guys think.

Graf Spee is a cruiser, who's class is a potential candidate for a very intriguing German Post Treaty CA split. Incomparable, is a test bed for the British Battle Cruiser split.

They're not comparable at all.

Members
24 posts
2,471 battles
7 hours ago, Crokodone said:

Graf Spee is a cruiser, who's class is a potential candidate for a very intriguing German Post Treaty CA split. Incomparable, is a test bed for the British Battle Cruiser split.

They're not comparable at all.

Love the pun :cap_like:

however I don’t think you really read my post. I’m not saying make a cruiser, it’d be a battlecruiser too only resembling Graf Spee. The focus is centered around 20in guns, it would have to be a battlecruiser not heavy cruiser for that. If I must break it down into simpler terms: Take incomparable hull, chop off its superstructure and turrets — tack on 4x4 torps on the stern — add two giant turrets 2x3 20in’ guns in same layout of Graf Spee — add Zieten’s conning tower & a seaplane/crane section and wha-la 

To your point about a cruiser line split, I’d be very happy with that however tiers 9 & 10 should be the O-class (Agir) hull full wartime heavy cruiser, it just looks soo good.