Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LUNARTICWOLF1

Naval Battles

13 comments in this topic

[WOOF1]
Members
8 posts
5,215 battles

Why does Premium account base xp not count in naval Battles.  and if it doesn't, why pay for premium at all?  Seems like a waste of money.  and just what happened to 200 xp battles and Flag Battles.  Seems like you are trying to FORCE everyone to play Random.  350 base xp is a JOKE!  I do not play Random because I am 74 years old and just cannot compete with the younger players that inhabit Random mode.  Love this game, but it keeps getting harder and harder to compete in.  Cannot even help my Clan anymore the 350 bar is so high.  So, Just why do I pay for Premium account if it does me no good in Naval Battles.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,812 battles
35 minutes ago, LUNARTICWOLF1 said:

Why does Premium account base xp not count in naval Battles.  and if it doesn't, why pay for premium at all?  Seems like a waste of money.  and just what happened to 200 xp battles and Flag Battles.  Seems like you are trying to FORCE everyone to play Random.  350 base xp is a JOKE!  I do not play Random because I am 74 years old and just cannot compete with the younger players that inhabit Random mode.  Love this game, but it keeps getting harder and harder to compete in.  Cannot even help my Clan anymore the 350 bar is so high.  So, Just why do I pay for Premium account if it does me no good in Naval Battles.

I thought of that for the last part of the Pan-Asian -- base XP...   Yeah...   crunching away 45K at less than 1K a battle...   Yuk.

Decided to do Capt XP and flagged the heck out of the Prinz Eugan...   Wallet Warrior all the way.

2_12_22_PE_FlaggedA_E.jpg

2_12_22_PE_Flagged_E.jpg

And these are Co-OP battles....   lol

Edited by AVR_Project

[RLGN]
Members
18,934 posts
34,471 battles
1 hour ago, LUNARTICWOLF1 said:

Because it’s strictly bxp. Premium is a bonus.

Basing it on bxp means it’s how well you can do, with the least amount of ptw. (A premium ship doesn’t bonus bxp, but they sometimes can do better, generally speaking, if a player uses them well.)

350 bxp week is tough in Co-op; but 400 bxp week is worse.

Play high tiers and do well, or play Randoms and do at least decently well. That’s all you can do on those weeks.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,812 battles

It's also nice to be able to help the clan with Naval Battles...

But how much help is it?  There are other ways of earning oil to build up the base. 

Just being there to earn every day is good enough. Those are the numbers that are recorded on the clan roster.  After Naval Battles are done, the contributions are scrapped out and lost.

I LOVE ribbon week !!!   Bring out the Emden !!!

[CO-OP]
Members
5,183 posts
41,687 battles
3 hours ago, LUNARTICWOLF1 said:

Base XP levels the playing field.  Premium account players get a 50 or 65% bonus to base XP.  This would be the very definition of pay to win.

Why buy premium time?  Because it offers bonuses to XP and credits which can shorten grinds.  

[SALVO]
Members
27,921 posts
40,313 battles
5 hours ago, LUNARTICWOLF1 said:

The point is that WG and many, many players don't want things like Naval Battles turned into pay to win.  Base XP does NOT include the premium account bonus or no other bonuses.   And Base XP would no longer be BASE XP if those bonuses affected the true "base" XP.

Mind you, I think that there are times that WG uses base XP that make little sense to me, like the current stages of PA Cruisers mission.  It's not a competitive mission, so why should using base XP matter?  So what if people using premium and camos and signals get to benefit from those xp bonuses during those non-competitive missions.

[SALVO]
Members
27,921 posts
40,313 battles
3 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

It's also nice to be able to help the clan with Naval Battles...

But how much help is it?  There are other ways of earning oil to build up the base. 

Just being there to earn every day is good enough. Those are the numbers that are recorded on the clan roster.  After Naval Battles are done, the contributions are scrapped out and lost.

I LOVE ribbon week !!!   Bring out the Emden !!!

I think (though could be wrong) that naval battles are tiers 5 or higher.

[PVE]
Members
10,587 posts
31,028 battles
5 hours ago, LUNARTICWOLF1 said:

(Ninja'd by @Crucis )

The only modifier to BXP is a win...which gives +50% BXP.

The reason for that is this a Free to Play game & for competitive missions (such as saving stars in Ranked/NB star farming/etc) giving a bonus to somebody just because they spent money would turn the game into Pay to Win as you would be getting more in a competitive environment...even if you did less...just for spending money (that being said...the Sims has a baked in BXP multiplier...which is why we will never see a T7 Ranked battle season...well...unless it starts the same day the Sims gets pulled from sales...but might help you get stars easier in NB easier if you have it...at least for US DDs).

What premium ships & premium time does give you is more XP total for quicker mission grinds (& it applies to all other types of XP...ship XP/Free XP/Commander XP/& ECXP...not only for 21 point commanders but all commanders...in 1 way or another) & a credit boost that applies to all missions also.

For premium ships (such as the 50 +200 XP battles)...not only can it be converted to FXP (DISCLAIMER: Only mentioning this because it is an option...BUT...it is THE biggest waste of real world money in this game...especially now that they have added guaranteed eventual ship drops for premium "loot box" containers...which may have competed with it for biggest waste of money if RNG wasn't on your side)...

& Not only does it add to all those other XP type missions...

It also makes grinding out commander training (when transferring a commander from  1 tech tree ship to another)...while using the premium ship with all commander skills active w/out needing to use doubloons or ECXP...

Which was the original purpose for premium ships...even before ECXP existed & doubs was the only way to retrain w/out grinding.

Hope that help explains why it doesn't apply to NB (P2W aspect) & gives you some ideas on how it can be (/is) useful to you.

[SALVO]
Members
27,921 posts
40,313 battles
6 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

.the Sims has a baked in BXP multiplier

Sadly, WG just won't fix situations like this.  Just remove the BXP multiplier and problem solved.  If it was felt that the Sims needed something to offset this, they could buff its concealment, for example.  Or instead of making the player choose between DFAA and speed boost, just give the Sims an extra consumable slot so that it can have DefAA in one slot and Speed Boost in the other.

[PVE]
Members
10,587 posts
31,028 battles
32 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Sadly, WG just won't fix situations like this.  Just remove the BXP multiplier and problem solved.  If it was felt that the Sims needed something to offset this, they could buff its concealment, for example.  Or instead of making the player choose between DFAA and speed boost, just give the Sims an extra consumable slot so that it can have DefAA in one slot and Speed Boost in the other.

I noticed (not at 1st...somebody in forums pointed it out) the Mo mission doesn't go until New Year's anymore...

It & Sims may be in line for "balancing" with the new "economic changes" coming SOON™.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,812 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Any thoughts ??

HermalinRibbons.jpg

[CO-OP]
Members
5,183 posts
41,687 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

21 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Any thoughts ??

HermalinRibbons.jpg

I just looked at the rules and it doesn't look like there is a tier minimum.  

That said, it may be difficult to get 300XP with an Emden in co-op.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
27,921 posts
40,313 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

Any thoughts ??

HermalinRibbons.jpg

I'm surprised, given that WG seems to want their events to start at tier 5.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this