You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Slimeball91

Poor Dido and Canarias, more nerfs.

40 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
8,727 posts

VI Dido

• Short-Burst Smoke Generator consumable:
    • Smoke dispersion time: 40 s. to 35 s.
    • Reload time: 70 s. to 80 s.

VI Canarias

• Main battery reload time: 10.5 s. to 12 s.
  • Maximum AP shell damage: 4,250 to 3,800
  • Base detectability range by sea: 10.8 km to 11.5 km.
    Other detectability ranges increased proportionally.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/275?fbclid=IwAR1k0DqEZVnU0hkfAgv2pVvWBQJA9xfYON8VUtS3SqBCZMPfcOyFqMyRNQ4

The nerfs keep coming to these ships.  They were looking really good, now, they are looking pretty pedestrian. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
15,601 posts
9,755 battles
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

The nerfs keep coming to these ships.  They were looking really good, now, they are looking pretty pedestrian. 

Noooo Canarias ... what are they doing to my baby??? :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[HE]
Members
1,182 posts
9,100 battles

For the same product

An initial price of $10 that has been marked up to $20 is a better deal than an initial price of $100 with a 50% clearance sale.

Judge a ship by its stats on release and not before.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 7
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
8,727 posts
Just now, DolphinPrincess said:

Judge a ship by its stats on release and not before.

That's not how the internet works....

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
16,756 posts
19,354 battles
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

That's not how the internet works....

Yeah.  It's kind of hearing about a comedy movie coming out and finding out the lead has been replaced with Ben Affleck.

• Funny 3
  • Haha 3

[ISLA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
771 posts
15,040 battles
57 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Wg really hates British cl.

[REKTD]
Members
1,173 posts
15,183 battles
2 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

In my opinion they (WG) attacks too many variables at once. So a ship is over-performing: whittle down one variable at a time. Hitting 3 at once will more often than not create more issues that the desired outcome.

Khabarovsk is nearly unplayable. I’m wondering if this was how that happened?

• Thanks 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,648 posts
8,679 battles
14 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

What? When?

[WOLFG]
Members
16,756 posts
19,354 battles
30 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

In my opinion they (WG) attacks too many variables at once. So a ship is over-performing: whittle down one variable at a time. Hitting 3 at once will more often than not create more issues that the desired outcome.

The khaba was considered op when it was released.

But yeah, they kicked it in a couple places.

[ARGSY]
Members
30,552 posts
28,064 battles

Would you rather the nerfs occur NOW, or after people pay money to get them?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ICEY]
Volunteer Moderator
485 posts

The days when statswise Dido was just a better Rahmat are long gone :cap_wander_2:

64wczw.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

[SALVO]
Members
15,601 posts
9,755 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Even when the exception exist, nerfing a released Premium Ship in any significant way is extremely rare... but that's not the point.

The point is beyond their Historical significance, both these ships are shaping to be very uninteresting ... like what's special about them from a gameplay perspective? 

I really can't see the appeal for Dido (play wise) when Rahmat, Leander, Perth and Huanghe exist. What's she bringing to the table?

And poor Canarias is now in limbo, she lost her burst gimmick (honestly it was a good thing that happened) but now she has nothing really interesting going on but the improved AP. A Devonshire without heals, torps, hydro nor HE ... iirc onle Engine Boost to make up for all the utility lost.

• Thanks 1

[WGPB]
Members
329 posts
3,895 battles

American supercarrier United States

• Detectability range by Air: 22.54 km to 15.53 km.                        just how big are T11 maps going to be?

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,566 posts
30,498 battles
1 hour ago, HyperFish said:

What? When?

Khab earlier in this game's history was a very potent, dangerous threat that affected the game big time.  WG was slow to act on it, but when they did, they nuked Khab from orbit.  It all came in one big hit.

tenor.gif

Funny enough, before Maplesyrup went kaput, I remember seeing Khab still turn in very respectable numbers compared to other DDs in her own tier.

Fun personal note:  Back when Khab was OP and FOTM, I struggled with her.  I did pretty darn well in her predecessor, IX Udaloi, but she did not sail the way I thought she should, even before the nerfs.  I remember being in a 3 ship Division and the other two went, "Let's do Triple Khab Div!"

Me:  "You guys can, I'll try another ship."

Them:  "Why not?"
Me:  "I suck in that thing.  Everybody does well in Khab except me."

They got me to play Khab also but she felt awkward.  Despite me being "Teh Suck" that game, I watched my 2 buddies overwhelm and massacre the other team's DDs, HE spam and set afire Cruisers and Battleships, literally scaring them away and giving up the caps, and kept on going and not even bother to cap, they left the capping to the BBs and Cruisers.

I watched some CV players in the RTS days have trouble estimating where they needed to manually drop against them, especially before the nerf to Khab rudder shift.

And lord help you if you were in a Cruiser with low velocity shells and a Khab decided, "Today's your day."

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
3,182 posts
2,945 battles
9 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

what are they doing to my baby???

Don't worry, next up will be an American never-built heavy cruiser with a 10.5 second reload, 4500 max AP damage, 10.8km surface detection, and a USN DD smoke screen with 6 charges & a recharge of only 20 seconds between complete dispersion & readiness.

Members
870 posts
20 battles
9 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

Tier 6 cruisers are universally pretty weak.  These new cruisers are being balanced in comparison to them, and WG made it quite clear that they are overperforming for a tier 6 cruiser.

6 hours ago, SuperComm4 said:

Khaba is an objectively strong ship.  It's problem is that it needs the legendary module to work because it lacks range, and that the way they nerfed it was to nerf the rudder time to an absurd level.  This makes it not particularly fun to play because you always feel as if you are fighting your own ship as much as the enemy.  Despite that, the actual power level of the ship is very good.

[WOLFC]
Members
5,897 posts
16,496 battles
5 hours ago, trikke said:

American supercarrier United States

• Detectability range by Air: 22.54 km to 15.53 km.                        just how big are T11 maps going to be?

15.53km is pretty reasonable for a high tier BB or CV. I imagine the 22.54km was a typo in the previous Dev Blog, because that number is ridiculous. It wouldn’t be the first time.

Edited by Nevermore135

[PVE]
Members
17,083 posts
38,415 battles
10 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

I have actually played against a couple of the Spanish one and they seem really bad. Super easy to damage it and does almost nothing back. Haven’t seen a Dido yet.

[PVE]
Members
17,083 posts
38,415 battles
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Aren’t these two going to be earnable/free? Thought that was what I read somewhere.

[PVE]
Members
8,727 posts
39 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Aren’t these two going to be earnable/free? Thought that was what I read somewhere.

There is an event for these, I don't think there was much in the way of details.  I don't know if you can get them for free or not.  I hope so. 

[A-D-F]
Members
698 posts

Looks like WG would rather sell a "mediocre" premium ship and buff it later ( or never like Yahagi ) ...

Rather than releasing an "overpowered" premium ship and then pull it form sale ( Tier 7 Belfast / GC / RTS GZ anyone? )

Than again some ships are borderline trash in terms of technical stats, but have above average win rate ( Varyag / Yahagi / Karl von Schönberg / Västerås / Z-31 / Maass... just to name a few )

Edited by Sammy_Small
then > than

Members
624 posts
14 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

For the same product

An initial price of $10 that has been marked up to $20 is a better deal than an initial price of $100 with a 50% clearance sale.

Clearly 50% is better than 10$.

:crab:

[UNCLN]
Members
389 posts
18,728 battles

It is going to be offered in a naval battle style mission soon.

God knows whether I can get both Dido and Canaries in a reasonable grind. 

BTW: Since it is new ship, I think there will be a disclaimer at the sales page saying they can tweak its performance when deemed necessary.

[ARGSY]
Members
30,552 posts
28,064 battles
8 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

They are, but surely WG will put them out for $$ too, since my gut feeling is you will have to choose between them.

Members
867 posts
9,353 battles

Making it's smoke shorter than RN DD's, seems a little stupid. Not really interested in the ship, but why not just bump it to Tier 7, if it's too strong as a Tier 6?  We've earned a few tier 7's over the years for free. And they can sell it for more monies!