You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ahskance

DevBlog 275 - Closed Test for 0.11.1, Changes to Test Ships

20 comments in this topic

[-NT-]
Members
210 posts
5,336 battles

While some of the changes may not be my favorite, I do appreciate the thorough explanation on each of the changes. 

• Cool 2

Members
472 posts
16,788 battles

Gotta call [edited] on Dido nerfs. They just released the pan Asian version of Dido with better reload and smoke. No excuse for not making the real Dido closer to the PA tech tree ship.

• Cool 4

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,831 posts
16,843 battles

Is it just me or is Sevastopol just getting more and more strong/tanky with every Dev Blog it shows up in, while Dido and the Spanish cruiser just keep getting hammered with nerfs

[PAT]
Members
1,258 posts
15,066 battles

Didn't WG at one point say that they design ships by starting them off weak and then buffing them into balance? If so, seems the mark was drastically overshot this time around. Kind of strange given they had a trial run with Rahmat, which is apparently performing as intended. Truly unfortunate.

But I guess I'll just take the explanation at face value, since WG has never massaged the facts to suit a narrative.

• Cool 1

[MISRY]
Members
1,335 posts
50 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

Is it just me or is Sevastopol just getting more and more strong/tanky with every Dev Blog it shows up in, while Dido and the Spanish cruiser just keep getting hammered with nerfs

Easy to tell which one is Russian ship. 

• Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
5,897 posts
16,496 battles
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

Well, in the last balancing pass they completely scrapped the existing concept of Sevastapol, so this time it looks like they are adding back some of the elements they removed. It still looks like they have no idea what they want this ship to be.

Canarias started out being very weak outside of the burst fire gimmick, and when they removed that she received a ludicrous amount of buffs. Nerfs were to be expected.

Poor Dido is just a glutton for punishment. I call :etc_swear: in regards to WG’s explanation for why she keeps being nerfed.

Edited by Nevermore135

[SALTY]
Members
8,929 posts
17,816 battles

Capture.thumb.JPG.595dded787f5caa843136f8e559f6499.JPG

Looks at Petropavlovsk, Nakhimov..... :Smile_hiding:

[RVNHQ]
Members
775 posts
16,185 battles

Dido was over-performing

:Smile_veryhappy:

Nice joke

Leave it to WG to take a much requested historical ship and turn it into a port queen.

• Thanks 2

[RLGN]
Members
18,930 posts
34,457 battles
54 minutes ago, Beleaf_ said:

Dido was over-performing

Nice joke

Leave it to WG to take a much requested historical ship and turn it into a port queen.

Historic.

Abandoned and forgotten; par for the course Dido.

Italian DDs.

More SAP garbage.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles

I appreciate that some effort is going into making the line 'flavor' for Italian DDs more present at earlier tiers. That's an issue with a lot of lines, where the line is advertised with certain characteristics, but those characteristics don't kick in until Tier VII or even sometimes Tier VIII with only the Tier IX or X really having the full characteristics as advertised. 

The problem of course is that when you do that, the ships below that mark just play as bland and vanilla generic gunboats or torpedo boats.

[ARGSY]
Members
30,552 posts
28,064 battles
1 hour ago, Beleaf_ said:

Dido was over-performing

Nice joke

How do you know this without having driven one?

If you have driven it, you have just breached NDA and the hammer is coming for you.

If you have not, you know not of what you speak.

• Boring 2

[TXGUN]
[TXGUN]
Members
438 posts
7,044 battles

The air wing for the USS United States needs to be revised. The tactical torpedo bomber and dive bomber squadron size of one is too easy to be shot down. Recommend squadron size of 2. The F9F rocket plane squadron should be three planes for same reason. The single torpedo plane should be increased to two. Also allow the ordnance to be selected as either torpedoes (6) or skip bombs (8). Add a consumable for an interceptor using the F9F cougar (swept wing version of the Panther). When subs come back add ASW helicopter squadron (2 rotatory craft). The standard squadron of rocket attack craft due to lag on firing does limited damage. Reduce the lag time. Turn the dive bombers into a level bomber (like the British) with more bombs.

[BONKY]
Members
2,216 posts
25,939 battles

Dido: Good lord WG it’s effin dead, stop killing it.

Canarias: honestly, ever since you removed the burst fire and buffed the absolute heck out of it, every nerf seen since can be justified

Sevastopol: What in all the holiest fu-

Hornet:: gotta spoon feed the spoiled children 

Atlantico: interesting

RM DDs: so in exchange for torp reload and SAP angles the low tiers get the Oh S*it button, and the high tiers get short smoke down time. Interesting

FR25: I am Speed

[VVV]
Members
3,246 posts
5,521 battles

There is no possible way that Dido could've been outperforming other T6 cruisers. These constant nerfs of an already statistically bad ship are ridiculous.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
698 posts

Dido and Canarias are going to need some buffs post release or they might be competing with Yahagi / Krasny Krim as the worst cruiser at their tier.

Sevastopol: more "gimmicks" than Georgia... on a Kronstadt hull... get the popcorn out for this balancing dumpster fire ( was "Petro" a balance benchmark?! )

Atlanticô: ... ~meh, i guess.

Italian DDs: the entire line of DDs with ability to hit 40~45+ knots for a "hot minute"... and has a full speed fuel smoke... this may be "fun" ( may not last, because fun is not allowed in tech tree ships )

FR-25: A tier 6 7 Guépard with SAP and full speed smoke. Might be able to hit ~46.9 knots ( assuming +15% speed boost, +5% flag and +8% skill ). So a tier 7 equivalent of a "YOLO Emilio"... Sound like "FUN" ( see the statement above regarding "fun" )

Edited by Sammy_Small
---

[4_0_4]
Members
334 posts
2,244 battles

Wasn’t Atlantico’s big selling point/gimmick the AP only and improved ricochet angles and fuse delay?  With that removed along with Hydro, I’m struggling to see any reason to get this ship.

[TXGUN]
[TXGUN]
Members
438 posts
7,044 battles

VIII Atlântico changes:

• Hydroacoustic Search consumable: removed
  • AP shell fuse delay, ricochet angles, and arming threshold: reduced to standard values
  • Secondary battery:
    • Accuracy of 127 mm guns: increased to the level of German battleships
    • Accuracy of 234 mm guns: increased to the level of Georgia and German battlecruisers
    • Ballistics adjusted: all shells have a more arcing trajectory.

With the above changes, the ship's secondary battery will see an overall increase in performance, while still having a harder time scoring hits on destroyers due to the slower shells. The improved accuracy will allow it to reliably score hits on the decks of enemy battleships and deal more damage on average to larger targets, even from behind island cover, thanks to the more arcing trajectory of the shells."

The secondary changes appear aimed  at brawling.  Is the change to the 234 mm an increase in accuracy? What impact to the ship MB have from "AP shell fuse delay, ricochet angles, and arming threshold"'.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,831 posts
16,843 battles

ok, so i guess now with the changes to Atlantico i dont need to worry about making a choice on getting it now, because now the German BBs do what it can do, but still do it better because they now have Hydro over Atlantico for brawling

Edited by tcbaker777