You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
G0lfSierra1

Tactics for domination maps?

9 comments in this topic

[RRC]
Beta Testers
838 posts
22,914 battles

Just wondering what most of you are using on this map type that works well for you? I would think that controlling A and C first would offer the best chance of success but most of the teams I get tend to over-commit to one or the other and ignore the other one completely until the enemy has both B and one of the other 2 caps. Its like everyone treats this game mode as if it were a standard battle and in no time at all the enemy team is up by over 400 points.

Beta Testers
121 posts
132 battles

The trick to Domination is getting your team to not lemming rush one side.  Normally I'll take a look at the team disposition at the start (easy for me, since my crappy laptop always makes me the last person to load in, so I can watch the map deployments as I wait to get in and start making decisions beforehand), then decide where to go based on the ship I'm in, the tier I'm at (if I'm bottom tier I'm more willing to yolo and try to get a sneaky cap or cap denial), and what other ships may be going my way.  Then when I do go in I'll look at what caps need to be taken the most, and work my way to those, or I'll link up with a BB and run AA interference if they're not part of the lemming train (since I love my Cruisers, both US and Japan).

[RRC]
Beta Testers
838 posts
22,914 battles

I try to stick with the slowest or most valuable BB when I run my Yubari just so I can keep the bombers off of him if I see that he is doing the smart thing and taking his boat to one of the points the lemming train didn't rush to. The hard part is getting a team to not all just make a dash for A or C and ignore the other flank completely. I have yet to win when they do. The fact that MM loves stacking teams with way more ships than the team I happen to be on only makes it worse since the other team will have a much easier time covering both and still have ships to spare.

Beta Testers
2,089 posts
2,379 battles

Those same teams I had gotten all weekend long. All horde to one side totally ignoring the others.

As for the points, why does it start us with 300 when we have no caps or anything? It should start at 0 for both sides.

Beta Testers
121 posts
132 battles

The 300 points at the start is the points for the ships on your team.  As you lose ships, you lose points.

[RRC]
Beta Testers
838 posts
22,914 battles

The really sad part of it all is that I point out that we need to take A and C first in order to have a fighting chance and then someone will reply that it isn't their first time playing and they know that but then they all rush off to one base and just die there without accomplishing anything at all.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
121 posts
132 battles

I think part of why I understand this mode better than most is that I play War Thunder, and this mode is a direct port of their Domination mode (although in that game its either tanks or planes having to make blitz landings on airstrips).  Seems like the people who do try to take one side plus the mid are mostly WT players too...since that's how it works over there.

Beta Testers
2,089 posts
2,379 battles

I think part of why I understand this mode better than most is that I play War Thunder, and this mode is a direct port of their Domination mode (although in that game its either tanks or planes having to make blitz landings on airstrips).  Seems like the people who do try to take one side plus the mid are mostly WT players too...since that's how it works over there.

Actually, I believe it to be the world of tanks horde mentality as to why they llama to one side.
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
121 posts
132 battles

Actually, I believe it to be the world of tanks horde mentality as to why they llama to one side.

I fully agree...and sorry about the -1, I mis clicked :(

[RRC]
Beta Testers
838 posts
22,914 battles

I tend to not go to the mid cap unless I am in a fast mover but usually only to get eyes on the ships there and then get over to A or C since sending a bunch of ships to B usually ends badly if there are carriers in the game.