You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

9 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
213 battles

Im fairly new to WoW I have 40 ish hours and have around 100 battles played. Im currently on Calorado, I have all the xp needed to reach North Carolina on my grind for Montana. The issue is I still need 7 million more credits. I recently opened a tier 8 destroyer Cossack, which happens to sell for like 7.2 million. I know that premium ships espcially tier 8's that can get uptiered to tier 10 games can earn lots of credits. But im wondering is it worth to just sell the Destroyer and buy the North Carolina as im not a very good destroyer player or should I try and get better at the Destroyer and use it to earn the money I need to get North Carolina? Please Help.

[CK5]
Members
1,886 posts
22,007 battles

It is never a good idea to sell a premium ship.  Keep it and just grind for the credits to get the N. Carolina.  Believe me, you will regret it if you sell the Cossack, which is an excellent ship.  Save it and learn to play it later.  

Members
1,175 posts
20 minutes ago, N0_Nam39 said:

Im fairly new to WoW I have 40 ish hours and have around 100 battles played. Im currently on Calorado, I have all the xp needed to reach North Carolina on my grind for Montana. The issue is I still need 7 million more credits. I recently opened a tier 8 destroyer Cossack, which happens to sell for like 7.2 million. I know that premium ships espcially tier 8's that can get uptiered to tier 10 games can earn lots of credits. But im wondering is it worth to just sell the Destroyer and buy the North Carolina as im not a very good destroyer player or should I try and get better at the Destroyer and use it to earn the money I need to get North Carolina? Please Help.

Not a good idea to sell premium ships even if you don't like them , if you have it in port it prevents you from getting it in a container again . Plus it's a snowflake to be had for Christmas . Play the Cossack in Co-op , it's much easier even if you suck at DD's .

[WPORT]
Members
19,284 posts
21,763 battles
29 minutes ago, N0_Nam39 said:

Personally, I would not sell the Cossack in order to afford the North Carolina.  The Cossack is a premium DD and a decent ship in its' own right and can be used to train Commanders.

Just play ships that earn a profit until you have the necessary credits, in my opinion.

Brawls mode is profitable, in my  experience.
Just play what you have to the best of your ability.  Even a loss scores a good sum of credits.

Members
86 posts
6,530 battles

Good advice, the Cossack is a good ship even with only four torps but can do some serious damage. I have in the past sold two premium ships the Borodino, what a pos that was, and the dutch pos De Seven provincial. I recognize my mistakes and am seeking help for geting them. LOL

[GROGS]
Members
475 posts
13,511 battles

Heck, you don't have to play DDs to get use from the Cossack.

You know those missions to get X damage (or hits) with torpedoes? Take Cossack into Co-op, full speed ahead, pull alongside a big red ship and dump torps. Profit.

[GUTZ]
[GUTZ]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,183 posts
28,776 battles
1 hour ago, N0_Nam39 said:

#1 rule, never sell a premium. 

That destroyer is hands down is onevof the top 5 best destroyers in the game, and the best at that tier.

Use it to farm creditsvas you learn how to bully everyone.

[CSIC]
Beta Testers
860 posts
1,404 battles

Yeah I have to agree with the rest here. Never sell a premium unless you absolutely detest it and even then make sure you play at least 30-50 matches in it and give it time to learn its tactics/train the commander. I have sold some premiums in the past in World of Tanks back in the day. If i still had them my lord, some were exclusive ships and I didnt know any better. But the fact you posted here to ask for info tells me your smart and did not just sell it. If you ever wanna div up and have someone to squad up with in DD and cruiser may help you out a little. Just hit me up in game. I am pretty much on every night and weekends.