Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Number9Pounder

I could use some help with this how do I take

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

210
[N9PTS]
Members
547 posts

I could use some help with this how do I take screenshots inside World warships could have done it a few times while I was playing a game on knowingly but I didn't realize it without having to download another app or software to do it.??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,872
[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles
4 minutes ago, Number9Pounder said:

I could use some help with this how do I take screenshots inside World warships could have done it a few times while I was playing a game on knowingly but I didn't realize it without having to download another app or software to do it.??

On a WIndows machine... Press the windows button on the keyboard and prt sc at the same time...

If done correctly, you will see the screen flicker one time... The file, should be located in you photos/pics folders...

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
210
[N9PTS]
Members
547 posts
6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

On a WIndows machine... Press the windows button on the keyboard and prt sc at the same time...

If done correctly, you will see the screen flicker one time... The file, should be located in you photos/pics folders...

 

 

thank you very much I owe you one really appreciate it by the way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,096
[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,612 posts
20,079 battles
6 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

"Print Screen" button on keyboard.

It saves to the /screenshot folder in the wows game folder.

This^

3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

On a WIndows machine... Press the windows button on the keyboard and prt sc at the same time...

If done correctly, you will see the screen flicker one time... The file, should be located in you photos/pics folders...

^ not this

 

do not press the windows button.

The instant you press the windows button you will go directly to your Windows main screen and the game will minimize.

All you need to do is press 'Print Screen' which usually hides out over your num pad on the keyboard.

Afterward, go into the drive you loaded the game into and into the game folder. one of the folders there will be named 'screenshot' open it, and there the shot will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,872
[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles
2 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

This^

^ not this

 

do not press the windows button.

The instant you press the windows button you will go directly to your Windows main screen and the game will minimize.

All you need to do is press 'Print Screen' which usually hides out over your num pad on the keyboard.

Afterward, go into the drive you loaded the game into and into the game folder. one of the folders there will be named 'screenshot' open it, and there the shot will be.

Just going with what is cited here...

To capture your entire screen and automatically save the screenshot, tap the Windows key + Print Screen key. Your screen will briefly go dim to indicate that you've just taken a screenshot, and the screenshot will be saved to the Pictures > Screenshots folder.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/screenshots-in-windows-10-and-windows-11-7-easy-tricks/

Middle of the page explains the difference between the two commands...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,096
[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,612 posts
20,079 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Just going with what is cited here...

To capture your entire screen and automatically save the screenshot, tap the Windows key + Print Screen key. Your screen will briefly go dim to indicate that you've just taken a screenshot, and the screenshot will be saved to the Pictures > Screenshots folder.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/screenshots-in-windows-10-and-windows-11-7-easy-tricks/

Middle of the page explains the difference between the two commands...

that almost sounds like how to take a screenshot on a Microsoft Surface or a phone.

Never had to press windows key on this comp for that

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,872
[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles
5 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

that almost sounds like how to take a screenshot on a Microsoft Surface or a phone.

Never had to press windows key on this comp for that

 

ITs WIn10... If it works for the OP... Then it is what it is... It works...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,872
[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles
21 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

The instant you press the windows button you will go directly to your Windows main screen and the game will minimize.

BTW, I've print screened a lot over the years... Not once in using the WIN+PRT SC simultaneously, had the game minimized out of no where...

Since I'm not a software guy... I have no clue why this happens to you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,872 posts
27 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Just going with what is cited here...

To capture your entire screen and automatically save the screenshot, tap the Windows key + Print Screen key. Your screen will briefly go dim to indicate that you've just taken a screenshot, and the screenshot will be saved to the Pictures > Screenshots folder.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/screenshots-in-windows-10-and-windows-11-7-easy-tricks/

Middle of the page explains the difference between the two commands...

That is the Windows included way of taking a screenshot, but WOWS has its own functionality build-in so you don't need that. Pressing "Print Screen" indeed takes a screenshot without fuss and saves it in the games screenshot folder. Easier imho, but the other way works too, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,872
[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles
Just now, shinytrashcan said:

That is the Windows included way of taking a screenshot, but WOWS has its own functionality build-in so you don't need that. Pressing "Print Screen" indeed takes a screenshot without fuss and saves it in the games screenshot folder. Easier imho, but the other way works too, of course.

Since it never worked for me (the just prin src command)... I just wanted the universal way to work for him..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[SCRUM]
Members
376 posts
12,877 battles
1 hour ago, Rollingonit said:

"Print Screen" button on keyboard.

It saves to the /screenshot folder in the wows game folder.

The screenshot is a .jpg file

1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

On a WIndows machine... Press the windows button on the keyboard and prt sc at the same time...

If done correctly, you will see the screen flicker one time... The file, should be located in you photos/pics folders...

The screenshot is a .png file

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,401
[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
36,563 battles

for me its alt+ print screen button 

 

That will take a screen shoot of whatever is on your screen, then you can just paste it where you want it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
589
[GT99]
Members
995 posts
17,095 battles
22 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

for me its alt+ print screen button 

 

That will take a screen shoot of whatever is on your screen, then you can just paste it where you want it

alt is only needed if you have more than one screen. prt sc does just fine otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
210
[N9PTS]
Members
547 posts

thank you very much for all your help on this I owe you all a debt of gratitude by am curious though if World warships has their own way to take a screenshot what is that might be

Edited by Number9Pounder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,889
[WOLFG]
Members
16,778 posts
19,407 battles
21 hours ago, shinytrashcan said:

That is the Windows included way of taking a screenshot, but WOWS has its own functionality build-in so you don't need that. Pressing "Print Screen" indeed takes a screenshot without fuss and saves it in the games screenshot folder. Easier imho, but the other way works too, of course.

That must be why my gaming rig (windows machine) works with just the button, but my work machine requires the windows button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,437
[WPORT]
Members
19,367 posts
21,809 battles

I press and hold the "CNTL" key and then press the "PrtSc" key.  Then I release both keys.

This saves a screenshot in the screenshot folder within the World of Warships game folder on the computer.

But, hey, that's just me.  :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
125
[1H8ML]
Members
129 posts
1,075 battles

It's worth noting that if you have a special screenshotting tool - like lightshot - that's keybinded to your prtscr key the game will also save a copy of that screenshot in the game's files since you technically hit prtscr.

Users of special screenshotting tools should be wary of this and should check their screenshots folders not just for WoWs but for other games that have this feature occasionally to clear out any unwanted photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
676
[LRM]
Members
1,658 posts
17,349 battles
On 2/7/2022 at 8:13 PM, Number9Pounder said:

I could use some help with this how do I take screenshots inside World warships could have done it a few times while I was playing a game on knowingly but I didn't realize it without having to download another app or software to do it.??

also keys Shift + Win + S (all with single left hand) allows you to crop part of the scren, so you don't have to print it all. Like this:
image.png.137d0acc31c047e1db4b86bb9bfe3bc1.png

good for printing just the score, or just the damage and ribbons, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,843
[OIL-1]
Members
2,306 posts
16 hours ago, Number9Pounder said:

thank you very much for all your help on this I owe you all data gratitude by am curious though if World warships has their own way to take a screenshot what is that might be

If I remember correctly, you have to make your own folder.
Go to your game install directory and make a new folder. Name it screenshot.
Then when you press PrintScrn button in game, it will save it to that folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×