Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
handybilly

Kleber range or reload?

8 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
982 posts
14,113 battles

What makes more sense in the sixth equipment slot? Range pushes it out past 16 km but the reload is pretty slow then.  Opinions?

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,299 posts
16,062 battles
11 minutes ago, handybilly said:

What makes more sense in the sixth equipment slot? Range pushes it out past 16 km but the reload is pretty slow then.  Opinions?

I'm a big fan of the 4 point Commander Talent that gives you +20% Range.  That way you can choose Reload for the Sixth Upgrade slot to get 13% Faster Firing.

I do know a DD player that does Double Range on his Kleber (Commander Skill and Slot 6 Range), but that really feels like more than is necessary to me.

• Cool 1

[RSL]
Members
865 posts
13,333 battles

Basically what Ahskance said, take AFT (or whatever the new skill's called, its the one in the lower left-hand corner) and then take reload in slot 6. I can't think of any DD where you would take range mod over AFT, or any situation where you would want both.

[ARGSY]
Members
982 posts
14,113 battles

Thanks, that make sense. But I have an 19 pt commander and have to wait for 21 for that final two to allow me that range build. What would you run in slot six while you are waiting?  Or what build with a 19 pt commander that will allow for it?

[RLGN]
Members
18,935 posts
34,471 battles
31 minutes ago, SirPent13 said:

Basically what Ahskance said, take AFT (or whatever the new skill's called, its the one in the lower left-hand corner) and then take reload in slot 6. I can't think of any DD where you would take range mod over AFT, or any situation where you would want both.

Lighthouse build maybe?

[RSL]
Members
865 posts
13,333 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Lighthouse build maybe?

There's no "lighthouse build" for DD's since the reload skill for DD's, Fearless Brawler, is activated simply by being detected. This is in contrast to the cruiser skill, Top Grade Gunner, which requires an enemy to be within your base spotting range. this is why you try to make your base detect large, since the larger it is the more likely an enemy will be within it to proc TGG. Because FB just requires being spotted there's no need to increase your detect range since you'd be spotted simply by firing your guns.

• Cool 1

[NUWES]
Members
3,843 posts
15,402 battles

I do reload on the French DDs. Ambushing and murdering the enemy DDs faster is more effective to me taking super long range shots. I usually have CLs to do that. 

[TORCH]
Members
818 posts
8,254 battles

You do get a stock range of 13.6...so you can run the ambusher spec and forget about adding range entirely (what I'm doing atm)...I ground through the Mogodor with the full gunboat/ no CE build though...both ways are very effective...