You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RECON_RANGER

target selection, how do u chg targets?

13 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
245 posts
5,890 battles

Hi, im new to beta.  When i select a ship as a target for torps, and it has the halo, but then want to switch to another target, what do i do?  Is there a way to chg or cycle targets?

Beta Testers
19 posts
1,380 battles

I believe the default is the X key

This will not cycle targets, as Moksie said it will just lock and unlock the target you are currently looking at. Look at a new target and hit X to have the new target selected.

Edited by DevilRabbit

[MNAVY]
[MNAVY]
Beta Testers
66 posts
7,827 battles

Hover over the target you want to prioritize, of course.

I'm not sure what benefit this gains you, outside of an approximate torpedo path in gray. I have not noticed anything for artillery fire yet.

Beta Testers
245 posts
5,890 battles

So, i select a cruiser and im rounding corner but then a BB appears.  What do i do to switch to the BB?  I hit x and go back to guns, aim guns at next target, and then hit x again (for me its C rather than X).  I am already doing this but its very cumbersum and i thought there was something easier.  

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

So, i select a cruiser and im rounding corner but then a BB appears.  What do i do to switch to the BB?

move mouse (or target indicator) over the BB

hit X

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
24 posts
6,849 battles

I too was needing that answer. Another question too i have is. "How do you HIGHLIGHT" an enemy ship for your allies to pound. I know there is a key you need to assign, which i have, but then, how do you activate it. I hit that key, but nothing happens. Is there a magic button or combination I have to hit?

Beta Testers
19 posts
1,380 battles

The 'highlight' an enemy ship by default is not mapped. You will have to go into your settings and map it to a key of your choosing. As for the targeting, If you have a CA targeted, then a BB appears and you want to shoot him instead, then as Red_Raven said all you have to do is look at the BB and then hit X only once to lock the BB as a target. No need to unlock the previous target first.  

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
121 posts
132 battles

Another tip...if you're in a ship with secondaries, use CTRL+left click to lock your secondaries on a target.  That can be a ship, or even aircraft (which comes in handy for AA cruisers).

Beta Testers
245 posts
5,890 battles

ok, ill try it tonight.  normally when i have a ship locked for torps and i look at another ship it wont switch to new ship, but ill give it another try tonight.

Members
12 posts
2,200 battles

Targetting is the worst aspect of this game, as far as I am concerned, especially trying to change targets.  Instead of something simple, like TAB to the next nearest target, the process of changing targets is too cumbersome, especially in the 'heat of battle.'