You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ami16th

enough is enough

34 comments in this topic

[3ND-A]
Members
40 posts
23,118 battles

What is with the devs in WG??

1. BBs disappearing at close range 12K
  2. DDs:  you still cater to these players
  3. BBs running down 9 line in the map where there is a sign "no BBs". I forgot the map name but the point is, I've seen this map for years and the guns are nullified by the islands and can't be brought into game.
  4. Stop screwing with CVs!!! We can't even attack DDs anymore. wth!!!

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 17
  • Meh 4

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,830 posts
20,944 battles

please provide replay showing bb disappearing at 12k. yeah, this is the most interested claimed.

3 - Tell the bb player don't go down that way, WG DO NOT FORCE players to go down the 9 line in that map. 

[WOLFX]
Members
671 posts
1,690 battles
23 minutes ago, Ami16th said:

BBs running down 9 line in the map where there is a sign "no BBs".

And some people, in real life, walk on the grass even if there is a sign reading, "Keep off the grass". Tsk. Tsk. How will we ever cope? :cap_wander:

• Haha 1

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,284 battles

Sounds like you could benefit from a break from Randoms for a bit. 

[WORX]
Members
16,914 posts
22,074 battles
22 minutes ago, Ami16th said:

3. BBs running down 9 line in the map where there is a sign "no BBs". I forgot the map name but the point is, I've seen this map for years and the guns are nullified by the islands and can't be brought into game.

1. REplay please... Only then can they give you a good explination
  2. DDs depends... Torp DDDs are the must nerf'd class in the DD class... Gun DDs are probably better off now then in years past.
  3. Diversity, other then putting a sign there as a joke.. WG do not have power to change or to dictate, how players' play their game in a particular map.
  4. You can attack other ships... AA is still useless and no solution exist atm...

Take care...

• Meh 1

Supertest Coordinator
7,217 posts
14,359 battles

There are several battleships that have less than 12km detection range. Incomparable is one of the most notable ones off the top of my head.

• Cool 1

[BONKS]
Members
4,731 posts
52 battles
40 minutes ago, Ami16th said:

Stop screwing with CVs!!! We can't even attack DDs anymore. wth!!!

Have you ever considered leading with your rockets? Or just using HE bombs if available?

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

There are miles upon miles of royal decrees in the North Carolina mountains not to pick the flowers. So pretty.

They get picked. Do not pick induces people to pick. MUST PICK. MUST PICK. gotta itchy picky flowers.

North Carolina can solve that in a day by failing to plant such beauty at such expense. Just plain old grass would do like everyone else.

[KIA]
Members
39 posts
12,968 battles
1 hour ago, Ami16th said:

1. Probably Incomparable. It has better concealment than a Des Moines for whatever reason, lol.

2. Yeah no. DDs have to deal with more crapthan ever before. CV spotting, radar, railguns, and new addition: submarines :)

3. Its actually a decent strategy. You can isolate combat and focus on 1v1s, and if there is no competition, its a good flanking strat. 

4. I play CVs as well and I have No issues slapping dds with rockets, bombs, and even ijn torps. Just lead better. I learned, and others have as well. Nothing has changed overall. 

[NGA-A]
Members
2,612 posts
17,066 battles
1 hour ago, Ami16th said:

With most of these issues, it sounds like a break from Randoms is in order. With the last one though, I doubt that’ll ever happen, Wargaming has issues with aircraft carriers likely tied to Russia’s being some of the most awkward naval disasters since the Pacific Derp Squadron.

[RLGN]
Members
18,935 posts
34,496 battles

What?!? You’re not a Gaishu level CV unicum?!?

WG sure acts like everyone who plays carriers is.

52 minutes ago, GunCaster said:

4. I play CVs as well and I have No issues slapping dds with rockets, bombs, and even ijn torps. Just lead better. I learned, and others have as well. Nothing has changed overall. 

Considering the amount of lead actually required to do so, any DD that gets hit with CV torps deserves to get smacked for not paying attention.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,201 posts
28,860 battles

What!

My Nakimov can't hurt dds anymore?

[BWC]
Beta Testers
3,327 posts
9,852 battles
11 hours ago, Ami16th said:

1.  As others have said, we need more information here.  Which BB?  Was there a smoke screen or terrain involved?  

2.  As someone who has been here since the beginning, DDs are certainly not 'catered to', anymore than any other shiptype.  Else, there would be no radar in the game, among other things.

3.  That sign is a remnant of a time when WG toyed with the idea of having 'shallow water' areas where ships like Battleships and Carriers could not pass through, but Destroyers and Cruisers could.  That idea went away a while ago (I believe), but the sign is still there.

4.  I've attacked DDs pretty regularly in my own CVs.  Even if I don't hit with my attacks (which I do quite often, as I've learned which weapons work best against them in the current configuration), my spotting -is- as good as an attack as far as that DD's survivability goes.  

I agree also with others here.  It sounds like you need a break to unwind and get back some enjoyment of the game.  Take a few days off to do other things and remind yourself that every ship in this game has its strengths and weaknesses, and knowing both yours and the ones you face is part of it.  Every player will take advantage of their strengths and seek to avoid their weaknesses, so be aware of them.

[CUDA]
Members
1,374 posts
13,206 battles

If you are zoomed in on a battleship (and at 12k you often are) and there's a smoke cloud it will appear that the battleship disappeared but the smoke cloud doesn't appear so you can see ships others have spotted behind the cloud. Try zooming back out and see if there's a smoke cloud there.

[_TLC_]
Members
148 posts
23,283 battles
14 hours ago, Ami16th said:
  1. Stop screwing with CVs!!! We can't even attack DDs anymore. wth!!!

every other ship in the game has to lead and predict what a DD is going to do, why should CV's get to "point and click?" No it's a much needed nerf and I've been up against good CV players who can still do this effectively 

• Cool 1

[V_V_V]
Members
1,437 posts
20,527 battles
18 hours ago, Ami16th said:

BBs disappearing at close range 12K

Maybe they disappear because they use capital letters.

[-AFK-]
Members
1,488 posts
18,664 battles
18 hours ago, Ami16th said:

These sound like issues of your own and nothing to do with the product. 

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,372 posts
10,234 battles
5 hours ago, Swervenkill said:

If you are zoomed in on a battleship (and at 12k you often are) and there's a smoke cloud it will appear that the battleship disappeared but the smoke cloud doesn't appear so you can see ships others have spotted behind the cloud. Try zooming back out and see if there's a smoke cloud there.

this.

[WOLFG]
Members
1,227 posts
20,986 battles
18 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

please provide replay showing bb disappearing at 12k. yeah, this is the most interested claimed.

My Incomparable disappears at 10.6km if I don't fire the guns, lol.

[UNC]
Members
1,216 posts
7,311 battles
5 hours ago, Swervenkill said:

I really wish smoke would render when zoomed in.  I feel like it did at one time, but was changed for some reason... no idea when.

• Cool 2

[1H8ML]
Members
129 posts
1,075 battles
4 hours ago, Sea_Jotun said:

every other ship in the game has to lead and predict what a DD is going to do, why should CV's get to "point and click?"

Since when was it point an click? Sure pre-nerf rockets were fast but any half brain dd just shifted the rudder and dodged 'em all

Wiki Editor
275 posts
8,136 battles
19 hours ago, Ami16th said:

1. I agree with this one, battleships which can overmatch cruisers everywhere shouldnt be able to outspot cruisers.

2. WG has never catered to destroyer players except when absolutely necessary. If anything, they cater to BB players more

3. except for the fact that running down the 9 line in those situations can be a good decision in some games

4. residentsleeper

[1H8ML]
Members
129 posts
1,075 battles
18 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:
  1. You can attack other ships... AA is still useless and no solution exist atm...

Let me introduce you to the rudder. The rudder is a wonderful thing that allows you to dodge just about anything. Now, when you have planes attack you, you generally have 10 seconds give or take between when you see them and when they actually drop their ordinance. And that's assuming they're going straight for you and not detouring at all.
Now, when you spot planes, you immediantly know where they'll attack you from, and can dodge them accordingly. If they're skip bombers, rocket planes, or torpedo bombers, you can use your rudder to turn parallel to them. If they're dive bombers or carpet bombers, you can turn perpendicular to them.

It's truly amazing how just simply double-pressing q or e practically negates most if not all of that CV's incoming damage.

Edited by HEYO19191
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
16,914 posts
22,074 battles
25 minutes ago, HEYO19191 said:

Let me introduce you to the rudder

Me and the rudder were introduced back in 0.8.0.

Did you know planes are faster then any rudder??

With no AA present.. It doesn't matter how much you turn the rudder... Those planes circle back and in 4 passes of chipping your HP... Its done...

Some people make a mistake that I'm including my personal experience... I'm not... I just post from those who have been annoyed by planes (CV, BB, or cruisers).