You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Average_Joe

Ever consider rage quitting the game?

75 comments in this topic

Members
620 posts
29,523 battles

I played 5 games this morning, all in W. Va.  In all 5 games I was bottom tier on teams that got blown out.  Checking the lineups, many of my teammates were new players with less than 500 battles.  A couple were in premium T8 ships having almost no experience in the lower tiers.  The red teams were not like that at all, having experienced players having good stats.  

RNG hated me as well.  I can't count the shots that picture framed enemy ships.  Shot after shot, game after game.  sigh

I supposed this is a backdoor post about how screwed up MM is in this game.  And the revenue goal to sell premiums to anybody with the pocket change to buy them.

Time for a break....

Edit:  RNG taketh away, then RNG giveth.  I'm not mad anymore.

Screenshot (205).png

Edited by _Average_Joe
Add'l info
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

When the situation develops to you having a really bad set of games just stop for the day and come back tomorrow or later in the week.

It is excessively machomistic to continue to put your hand on the hot stove today for many more games that go very badly. If it is a total failure of RNG system or some other issue with the ships being fragile in game and so on.. more than usual... then thats something that needs a remedy. Many ships are no longer useful in battle because they are in playground terms no longer this tall to go on that ride which has gotten quite lethal with the evolving meta.

Rage quit? no. But interrupting in real life? Hell yes. I had someone show up unannounced earlier this week in game and it cost me two hours to get person taken care of at the hospital. The game ran while abandoned. (Disconnected) and I had a punishment ban as a result. Wows is the only online game that does this. So I no longer care. Real world problems are in direct conflict. And gaming is not that important.

• Cool 1

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,436 battles

Do you believe that number of games is indicative of player skill? In other words, does a player with 10K games do better than one with 5K?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Members
1,147 posts
23 minutes ago, _Average_Joe said:

I played 5 games this morning, all in W. Va.  In all 5 games I was bottom tier on teams that got blown out.  Checking the lineups, many of my teammates were new players with less than 500 battles.  A couple were in premium T8 ships having almost no experience in the lower tiers.  The red teams were not like that at all, having experienced players having good stats.  

RNG hated me as well.  I can't count the shots that picture framed enemy ships.  Shot after shot, game after game.  sigh

I supposed this is a backdoor post about how screwed up MM is in this game.  And the revenue goal to sell premiums to anybody with the pocket change to buy them.

Time for a break....

I've had frustrating moments like that aplenty, but "consideration" and "rage-quitting" usually doesn't go together. 

The MM works as intended by WG in Randoms and this kind of experience is the unfortunate side-effect. Some proposed solutions also have undesired side-effects.

What I do at those points is just to take a break of play co-op. I guess WG doesn't need me to play Randoms after all.

Members
1,147 posts
2 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Do you believe that number of games is indicative of player skill? In other words, does a player with 10K games do better than one with 5K?

I'm not sure to what post you're responding to, but my answer would be "Not necessarily". I guess that most players skill will go up over time with number of games played, until it reaches a plateau. After how many games such a plateau is typically reached, I don't know.

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts
6 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Skill? HA.

Get in there and sink something. Win a few things. Play another game. Repeat until too tired to play anymore.

Try again tomorrow.

• Cool 1

[-AF-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,310 posts
16,080 battles

Rage quit?   No, this is a game and I play it for entertainment.    If in a session I find that I'm not entertained, I see another source of entertainment, and I've many to choose from.

I can't honestly remember the last time I rage quit anything.  Maybe as a little kid I did, but as an adult, no.   

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,436 battles
2 minutes ago, tangofan said:

I'm not sure to what post you're responding to, but my answer would be "Not necessarily". I guess that most players skill will go up over time with number of games played, until it reaches a plateau. After how many games such a plateau is typically reached, I don't know.

If the idea behind experience is the number of games played, then DolphinPrincess would be considered the least experienced player here, with "only" 7K battles. If it's okay to assume people with less than 500 games played need to be carried, would it also be okay to assume that most people with more than 5000 games can carry their teams?

• Boring 2

[SO-WA]
Members
35 posts

In randoms, when I get too many losses in a row no matter how hard I try, I just give up and YOLO into further matches rather than rage quitting.  If that is how it's gonna roll, then I'll roll with it.  I'm just in randoms to get the XP and credits so I can go back to doing fun modes like Co-op and Scenarios.  I had a streak of at least 12 losses recently, too many of which I scored at or near the top of my team...and I'm not a good at this game.

I had an average win rate in World of Tanks, but in WoWS it doesn't matter.  YOLO away!

Members
6,889 posts
14,873 battles

MM does not do anything to anyone specifically - it is just random, like it says in the game type.

• Meh 1

Members
1,147 posts
8 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

If the idea behind experience is the number of games played, then DolphinPrincess would be considered the least experienced player here, with "only" 7K battles. If it's okay to assume people with less than 500 games played need to be carried, would it also be okay to assume that most people with more than 5000 games can carry their teams?

I take it that the question is rhetorical. I saw a graph posted a while ago that showed the mapping of player winrates to games played. And while it goes up steadily it also goes up less after a few thousand games played IIRC.

So I don't assume that most players with more than 5k games can carry their team on a regular basis, because that would probably have to assume a 60% to 70% winrate at the minimum.

Members
620 posts
29,523 battles
25 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Obviously someone on a reroll would still be the same skilled (or unskilled) player as he was before he got the alt ID.  But the odds are someone with very few battles playing in a T8 game is not going to do very well.  If that person is in a top tier ship then the team will most likely suffer from his inexperience.  So yes, I do think that a low number of games played is indicative of a new player who still has a lot to learn.  All of us were new at one time (I was a REAL potato) and I'm not here picking on new guys.  I just think that an effort should be made to balance out the teams to prevent the blowouts which are no fun for either team.

[H_]
Members
993 posts
16,698 battles

Can't say i've never questioned "WHY" i continue to play the game, and yes i can't imagine anyone that does play this game has sat and wondered that as well. Not to mention the games where no matter what you do you can't hit crap.. **COUGH** FUSO... and other games where you can't miss.

Usually when i get frustrated i just get out of the game and go do something else.  I'll skip playing a few days or so then come back.

LOL not worth getting all annoyed over really have enough real life stress.. 

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,409 posts
15,676 battles
37 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

No not really I'm living proof of that.......  But from 500 to 5k the skill difference would be much greater I would think then from 5k to 10k

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles

No. 

Not only have I never considered Rage quitting, I have never raged at all. lol. 

Upload Food Drink GIF

• Cool 1

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,389 posts
29,459 battles
1 hour ago, _Average_Joe said:

Time for a break....

Twice......

Been over 3 years ago though.....

Since then, I've gotten better and have 414 ships in port.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

Five straight in the same ship is time to switch ships and possibly switch tiers.

A 50/50 chance will deliver about a 3% chance of getting five losses (or wins) in a row. 

Streaks are part of the game.  I've been on hot streaks. I've been on cold streaks.  Them the breaks.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
242 posts
792 battles

WG FIX YOUR MATCHMAKER!

I just had 9 straight wins in a row and it's getting boring.  Why am I always saddled with all these purple players on my team while the other team is nothing but reds? It's not fair.

FIX THE **** MatchMaker now!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 4

Members
808 posts
36 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

MM does not do anything to anyone specifically - it is just random, like it says in the game type.

Nothing is random in this game. Thinking so is naïve and delusional. 

• Haha 1
  • Boring 2

[GOB]
Members
4,406 posts
24,191 battles

I never feel like rage quitting.. I wouldn't call it RAGE but I have Blacklisted the ever present loudmouth that sits in back and tells everyone who is actually fighting how to play their ships ..calling everyone names and how much the team sucks ,,, then they end up at the bottom of the XP boards.

Very interesting psychology there.

This is a silly game... you just can't take it seriously.. the toxic people though.. the ruin what little fun that is left in the game at times.

• Boring 1

[-HUGS]
Members
973 posts
13,175 battles

Time for a break....

Quitting the game is always an option but...

Can I suggest you try reducing game time first? 5 games in a row might simply be too much, sometimes....
This morning I played exactly 1 game; I saw most of my teammate run away from the fight on my flank the moment the red team started pushing in just a little. 75% HP top tier BB with repair parties still on reserve, top tier radar cruiser that wouldn't try to get in position to radar an enemy DD that was key to their flank... Obviously a loss.
I stopped playing right there. I'll try again later during the day.
It take some discipline, but you can  learn to end your game session sooner. Play some other games instead; you'll be glad you did.

Right now, I have Malteseknight in background, had Mr Gibins earlier on.... No matter what channel I turn to, NA or EU, I don't have to wait for long before I hear a streamer complaining about how the game results in one-sided games today. That's the state of the game. It is reflected through multiple threads here, on reddit, everywhere. Sometime, it's going to be like that and it's outside your control. You either cope with this or you move on I guess.

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,291 battles

Time for a break....

For the 1st time ever this morning. Had a 2 CV 4 DD game. One of our CV's decided to quit (they were there at the start and chatted they were leaving - something F U WG) and then our 4 DD's proceeded to die in less than 2 mins. The rest of the team dropped like flies soon after. I was like why bother? But that isn't how I am so I stuck it out even when it was just me getting hammered by 9 reds with just our other CV left. Was not fun in anyway. My other 2 games haven't gone much better with a roflstomp and then our team throwing a 7 vs 2 lead away and a loss. So 3 losses in a row and all really awful situations. I have stopped playing. I rage quit if you will but at least not during a game. LOL. :cap_fainting:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1