Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ahskance

Asymmetric Battles Have Been Disabled for Now

34 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,522 battles

Due to issues with our mode Asymmetric Battles, we have disabled this mode for the time being.

We are working on it and will try to return it as soon as possible!

Thank you!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 5

[WOLFD]
Members
4,011 posts
6,423 battles

For those who may be unclear, the issues were that some players were enjoying it and making too much XP/credits on it, farming the T10 bots.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,400 posts
22 minutes ago, Harathan said:

For those who may be unclear, the issues were that some players were enjoying it and making too much XP/credits on it, farming the T10 bots.

This^

• Thanks 3

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,659 battles

Well I missed out on that fun...

[VIGIL]
Members
1,441 posts

Credits, XP, and the video from Jingles showing the 1 Incomparable and 6 bots ruining an all human team?  

• Cool 1

[PIXEL]
Members
477 posts
34,331 battles

they just need to give better incentive to play T 9 & 10 ships

it's a good mode but having to "pay" with tokens for high tiers, even if free, seems to make some chafe and not wanna

[A-D-F]
Members
21 posts
8,104 battles
3 hours ago, Harathan said:

Thanks for the clarification! 😂

[WOLF5]
Members
304 posts
14,451 battles

Some of us were really annoyed with having to play bots in the first place. They need to show what both sides have for numbers in the queue. Throw out the bots and the token thing. If you want a game, you will move to the team with less numbers in queue. 

• Meh 1

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
646 posts
18 hours ago, Ahskance said:

Due to issues with our mode Asymmetric Battles, we have disabled this mode for the time being.

We are working on it and will try to return it as soon as possible!

Thank you!

Yet the forum Home Banner still reads...

Screenshot 2022-02-05 200122.jpg

[SUB4]
Members
1,712 posts
13,114 battles

I liked it. I thought there might be an issue with the bots. It was my understanding that the teams would be all human though.

[HOP4S]
Members
6,993 posts
35,404 battles

All they have to do is make them "revenue negative" and start them again......  They really don't want us to have "any fun" while we earn decent amounts of money..... Oh no, can't have that........Click - end of Line.....

• Cool 2

[GIR]
Members
135 posts
16,764 battles

Bugs that favor player economy? Oh we must shut this down asap! :Smile_trollface:

@Ahskance

Could you address why these temporary game modes are time gated daily instead of being available 24/7 during the patch it is meant for? Not everyone works the typical 9-5 schedule, we want to play and enjoy the entire game when it fits into our schedule. Special events, Brawls, and certain temporary game modes locked until 9am pst / 12pm est? There is no valid reason to time gate this stuff.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
140 posts
1,261 battles

We could just have The mode Back 

More People progressing thru tier 8 to 9 isnt going to kill the game. All This mode showed was how broke the progression eco. is.

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,522 battles
8 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

@Ahskance

What happens to all of the Battle Tokens that you have accumulated playing this mode?

We want to get the mode back and available as soon as we can.

Members
3 posts

Take away the token system and people will play the T9/10s. You gave the game mode one day (during a dockyard and other events that didn't get counted towards in this mode) and you guys are surprised no one was moving up yet after only a few games to farm the tokens? C'mon now. Letting the T7/8s get a bit faster grind is barely an issue anymore when we have 20+ lines to grind. 

• Cool 1

[BUF]
Members
10 posts
17,066 battles

Personally I am livid.  Bring it back (this specific Assym) and leave it alone, the actual cost to you is little, the blow back will be hell.  It was the most actual fun I was having in the last couple, few, many (when did Brit DDs come out?) years.  Do you (WG) hate your players?  If you don't I can't tell, I certainly feel alternatively placated or hated.  Well SU2 my wallet is now closed.  You chased me out of WOT, now you are chasing me away for at minimum a month, probably more, and no more cash for you.  You hate your players, eventually your players hate you.

I've loved the game but disliked the company for years, now the game isn't good enough to keep me.

It took me a long time to cut the swearing out of this post.

[WOLFC]
Members
6,096 posts
17,227 battles
5 hours ago, Ahskance said:

Honestly, I think the hotfix that was employed, which added mission rewards for tier IX-X play, was the right way to approach the situation. The issue I saw was that the rewards were a pittance compared to the lucrative grinding gains possible playing tier VII and VIII ships against teams of bots. Changing the underlying economics of the mode runs the risk of making the mode too unattractive relative to Randoms.

If more substantial economic rewards had been offered, that very simple solution would have been more effective. For example, some kind of XP reward attached to a recurring mission for playing tier IX would encourage a lot of tier IX play to assist in those laborious grinds to tier X. Perhaps a credit bonus or ECXP reward to encourage play at tier X? If the token requirements were simultaneously relaxed a bit, I imagine there would be a lot more players queuing up to play tier IX and X.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[VVV]
Members
3,246 posts
5,521 battles
9 hours ago, Ahskance said:

Meaning as soon as you can make it no longer economically beneficial to players?

Beta Testers
140 posts
1,261 battles
18 hours ago, Ahskance said:

You didnt need to remove it in the 1st place. Player progression being enjoyable but methodic wasnt going to shatter the game 

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,522 battles
9 hours ago, Lord_Magus said:

Meaning as soon as you can make it no longer economically beneficial to players?

The economy may have driven the Bottom Tier engagement to be higher than expected.  This is why we deployed additional economic incentives to play higher tier.

Nevermore mentioned this below...

13 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Honestly, I think the hotfix that was employed, which added mission rewards for tier IX-X play, was the right way to approach the situation.

...however, Nevermore does also note...

13 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

The issue I saw was that the rewards were a pittance compared to the lucrative grinding gains possible playing tier VII and VIII ships against teams of bots.

...which leads us to a problem.

How do we salvage the image of this mode as a PvP mode?  If the situation was not handled quickly then the mode's identity might be altered to "Co-Op+".

Ultimately, we elected to disable the mode to give us time to retool the experience and refocus on making it the PvP experience it was initially intended to be.