You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Important Message for the World of Warships Community

42 comments in this topic

[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,291 posts
12,909 battles

Looks like the Hurons just going to be a haida clone with some cosmetic differences unless im missing something from the little info we have! Could easily bump her up to tier 8 too. so we don't have so many tier 7s for the commonwealth...

• Cool 1

Members
67 posts
13,714 battles

I was wonder that myself. Looks pretty my the same as the Haida. She is a good ship. But why remove Haida to put in another tier 7, the Huron?

How about a cruiser instead?

Edited by SlayerWolf_2020

[HI-CS]
Members
44 posts
14,924 battles

Admitting imperfection is one thing, MOST important is that you don't stand firm in justification against an obviously failed project --- like CVs.  I still believe there is a very serious break in communications between Customer Support and developers ... either that, or Customer Support people continually lie to us.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[-REK-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
823 posts

Just give us the option to sell our FDR back for steel or trade it for some steel cammos.   WG seems to overcorrect each time so people can actually see the differences, but this FDR is total trash.   

WG constantly creates OP ships sells them then takes back what they give you.  Now you even say yeah we are going to do it ahead of time.     I want my steel back, heck Ill settle for half of it at this point.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
17,119 posts
20,503 battles

For the new map so far, we have gotten a picture of several rocks.

A general (very general with massive WIP labels) would be nice.

• Cool 1

[SEAKT]
Members
253 posts
14,267 battles

When they say "balance changes" for Zoa and Petro, are they referring to the already implemented nerf/buffs to those ships or to new ones being testing?  

[TSF]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
243 posts
19,631 battles

Communication is appreciated, you are doing much better than the other 2 WG titles.

[VVV]
Members
3,246 posts
5,521 battles
1 hour ago, Copperhead550 said:

Looks like the Hurons just going to be a haida clone with some cosmetic differences unless im missing something from the little info we have! Could easily bump her up to tier 8 too. so we don't have so many tier 7s for the commonwealth...

I fully expected a Haida clone when after LWM suggested either Huron or Athabaskan II, WG promptly announced they would release the less interesting of the 2 in 2022. I was hoping they'd prove me wrong by using Huron's 1950s DDE refit but nope.

I have my doubts about uptiering a Haida clone to T8. She just doesn't have the firepower for that. Her sister ship Cossack is already T8 but Cossack has a 4th turret to make it work.

Athabaskan would've fit perfectly into T8 since with 4x2 102mm she'd be basically HMCS Akizuki (except without the braindead 1/4 HE pen). The weird part is she wouldn't even have been much more difficult to model. Just remove Haida's 120mm turrets and copy-paste the 102mm secondary into their places, replace the quad 40mm pom-pom with a twin 40mm Bofors, etc.

[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,291 posts
12,909 battles
40 minutes ago, Lord_Magus said:

I fully expected a Haida clone when after LWM suggested either Huron or Athabaskan II, WG promptly announced they would release the less interesting of the 2 in 2022. I was hoping they'd prove me wrong by using Huron's 1950s DDE refit but nope.

I have my doubts about uptiering a Haida clone to T8. She just doesn't have the firepower for that. Her sister ship Cossack is already T8 but Cossack has a 4th turret to make it work.

Athabaskan would've fit perfectly into T8 since with 4x2 102mm she'd be basically HMCS Akizuki (except without the braindead 1/4 HE pen). The weird part is she wouldn't even have been much more difficult to model. Just remove Haida's 120mm turrets and copy-paste the 102mm secondary into their places, replace the quad 40mm pom-pom with a twin 40mm Bofors, etc.

It would be simple to buff it to tier 8. buff the RoF slightly and give it British DD heals and it would fit nicely in that spot. 

[HOP4S]
Members
6,995 posts
35,446 battles

It's nice to see your team addressing their customers...........concerns?  But, it would be nice, if you actually listened to us; discussed changes and change order with us in an open forum; and, changed what the community really wants and needs to stay in the game..........  :cap_like:

What else can I say..........

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
1 hour ago, Copperhead550 said:

It would be simple to buff it to tier 8. buff the RoF slightly and give it British DD heals and it would fit nicely in that spot. 

Hmm I am curious about what they're going to do with Huron, too, especially because it looks like it's going to stay at Tier VII as a direct Haida replacement, but I mean, they pulled Haida for balance/popularity issues, so Huron is going to get a nerf bat hit in some way.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,535 posts
29,664 battles

Gremyashchy? She was once OP. She got first tamed when open water stealth fire was removed - I get it. Then the nerf bat hit her hard when you changed the turret rotation speed in the new, updated captain skills rework from +2.5 degrees per second (Expert Marksman) to a flat +15% (Grease the Gears). Her turrets were slow to start with but you could more or less keep them on target when turning under the old skill. Not anymore...

Edited by Khafni
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 3

[SINK1]
Members
242 posts
46,748 battles

Suggested improvements:

1.  *Limit the number of human's in PVE battles to no more than three on the team.  The less the better.  (*Huge problem!!!!)

2.  In the missions tabs include a show/hide button for PVP and PVE missions.

3. More Port filtering options:

Expand the available ship search options in the filters option, include parameters such as ranking a player's:

Highest/Lowest Credits, XP, Damage, Potential Damage, Ribbons, Main Battery/Secondary/Torp Hits, etc..

A. This way a player can immediately access their best performing ships for various mission tasks, Naval Battles, Farming, etc...

B.  Create separate Port Folders to file ships, ex: a scrapyard port where a player can put awful ships to reduce the number in the carousel.

4.  Program the bots to quit ramming into each other.

5.  Get rid of Negative Karma Points, they are vindictive for the most part and hurt the game.

6.  Make the absence of Subs permanent and create a separate battle option designed specifically for them (Perhaps what's actually in the works?)

7.  Rebalance/reduce the service costs for Co-op battles (balancing the cost of signals/camos would also be an improvement)

8.  It would be appreciated if missions such as Dockyard and others could be completed at a player's pace rather than delayed into weekly segments.

9.  Issue separate coupons for Steel and Coal ships.

10.  Equalize Unique Captain skills for Co-op by activating a talent when the equivalent threshold for an Achievement is reached.

Edited by CaptainVaneGhost
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[USCG]
Members
1,005 posts
31,518 battles
31 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Gremyashchy? She was once OP. She got first tamed when open water stealth fire was removed - I get it. Then the nerf bat hit her hard when you changed the turret rotation speed in the new, updated captain skills rework from +2.5 degrees per second (Expert Marksman) to a flat +15% (Grease the Gears). Her turrets were slow to start with but you could more or less keep them on target when turning under the old skill. Not anymore...

Wow, couldn’t have said it better myself, thanks!  Gremy used to be one of my favorite DDs to play, not anymore. I think the new captain skills (turret rotation) has made her (and several other mid-tier DDs) almost unplayable. I even have some super Russian skipper on her that gets a 20% turret boost and every other turret (sand in the gears) upgrade and she still has a slower rate of traverse than most battleships. I’ve said it several times before but WGing needs to make adjustments so she is back to her old rate of traverse which was sloooow to begin with. 

Edited by cgbosn4
  • Cool 1

[VVV]
Members
3,246 posts
5,521 battles
57 minutes ago, CaptainVaneGhost said:

1.  *Limit the number of human's in PVE battles to no more than three on the team.  The less the better.  (*Huge problem!!!!)

Seriously, whoever plays the fastest ship gets to hoover up all the damage in co-op.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[SINK1]
Members
242 posts
46,748 battles
2 hours ago, Lord_Magus said:

Seriously, whoever plays the fastest ship gets to hoover up all the damage in co-op.

Yup.  Co-op battles are now a madhouse, a frenzied race to sink ships, the fastest ships with the fastest reloads win the day.  When there's two caps there's never a capture, even in three cap maps all the enemy are often shot-up before any are captured.  No strategy involved, if you stop to smoke up a DD or set-up an island ambush three fast reloading cruisers will whiz by you and sink the enemy before they enter their side of the cap.  You can't stalk or execute any strategies.  Wins are guaranteed, no chance of losing.  When you have a bot DD on your team they'll just cancel out the opposing bot DD by ramming.  On the positive side MM seems to have adjusted the team ship rosters to enable BB's to have a little better chance of competing. 

Edited by CaptainVaneGhost
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1