You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
monpetitloup

Asymmetric battles killed by WG

87 comments in this topic

[1984]
Members
4,989 posts
26,467 battles

WG invents asymmetric battles, allows players to play tier 7 ships against bots, players load all camos and flags, wg sees fxp gains breaking the spreadsheet's ability to calculate, wg kills asymetric battles.

thanks wg, your inability to understand your own game and player base are the reason we cant have nice stuff.

yesterday after enough of these types of battles i kept getting matched with the pitiable fools who didnt understand the point of this mode and actually paid to play tier 10:

and yet: Wargaming (WG) Player Support

Due to this battle type's original settings, there were too many bots in the tier IX - X teams, and because of this, the battle type does not provide an interesting enough gaming experience for both sides.

sure, not interesting enough; i found it extremely interesting!

shot-22.02.03_20.26.45-0520.jpg

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 3

[WPORT]
Members
20,653 posts
22,604 battles

[PVE]
Members
1,151 posts
38,968 battles

Captains!

One of the most important goals for us as a team is creating new gaming experiences for our players. To this end, we are constantly working on creating and improving new battle types and mechanics.

Asymmetric battles returned to our servers in Update 0.11.0: you can now fight in teams with uneven numbers of players and different tiers.

Due to this battle type's original settings, there were too many bots in the tier IX - X teams, and because of this, the battle type does not provide an interesting enough gaming experience for both sides. The battle does not provide enough profit for Wargaming.

Unfortunately, we were unable to fix the problem with quick solutions before the weekend, so in order not to leave an impression that Asymmetric Battles is a battle type where the norm is to fight against bots, we decided to disable it for the weekend and look for possible solutions at the beginning of next week. We will bring back this interesting and challenging battle type as soon as we are sufficiently confident that its return will provide a fun and interesting gaming experience for both teams.  we figure out how to make more money with it. If there is no good solution, then we will leave it disabled and further revise it so that it can possibly return in future updates.

Thank you for participating in the battles and for your feedback, Captains!

There fixed it for you.

• Cool 12
  • Thanks 6
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Members
2,760 posts
25 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

Captains!

One of the most important goals for us as a team is creating new gaming experiences for our players. To this end, we are constantly working on creating and improving new battle types and mechanics.

Asymmetric battles returned to our servers in Update 0.11.0: you can now fight in teams with uneven numbers of players and different tiers.

Due to this battle type's original settings, there were too many bots in the tier IX - X teams, and because of this, the battle type does not provide an interesting enough gaming experience for both sides. The battle does not provide enough profit for Wargaming.

Unfortunately, we were unable to fix the problem with quick solutions before the weekend, so in order not to leave an impression that Asymmetric Battles is a battle type where the norm is to fight against bots, we decided to disable it for the weekend and look for possible solutions at the beginning of next week. We will bring back this interesting and challenging battle type as soon as we are sufficiently confident that its return will provide a fun and interesting gaming experience for both teams.  we figure out how to make more money with it. If there is no good solution, then we will leave it disabled and further revise it so that it can possibly return in future updates.

Thank you for participating in the battles and for your feedback, Captains!

There fixed it for you.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[LN-W]
Members
164 posts

Asym were better compared to piece of crap random battles. That is why Wargaming killed them.

Edited by Bewegungslegastheniker
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

So much for 20,000 FXP for coop level damage output.

Shucks. Thats why we cannot have nice things. If its say 2.4 million FXP from 19 to 21 captian, surely WG can spare 20,000 in a few minutes. SHEESH.

There is a broken economy already, when everyone migrates to other more fun video games entirely and you have to populate a failing player population in servers with bots. Then you wonder why we harvest them.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[HOP4S]
Members
6,983 posts
35,369 battles
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I was having fun playing in Asymetric battles, last night.

Yet, someone flipped the switch on the mode, this morning.  :-/

Ah, there is the critical fact that went from your lips to their Spreadsheet GoD's ears:    The pocking "F" word...........fun.  :Smile_hiding:

Of course, they flipped a switch :fish_viking:   and shut it down.........we were making money and some were actually having "fun..."   Oh good Lord, when will be Learn to not tell our host anything????

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[NGA-A]
Members
2,646 posts
17,746 battles

Anyone else remember when this same craphappened with Narai and it was over a year before it returned?

• Cool 1

[SO-WA]
Members
35 posts

RIP Asymmetrical Battle Mode against AI.  I liked you so much.  You had to meet your end on the altar to the horribly painful grind.

So now I am convinced that "interesting gaming experience" does mean "painful costly grind".

• Cool 4

[KIA]
Members
39 posts
13,154 battles

Not gonna lie. This sucks. I liked grinding this more than Narai, and I think many others did too because it was fast and efficient. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts
15 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Anyone else remember when this same craphappened with Narai and it was over a year before it returned?

Thats what got me into Narai. No more 80 Fxp coop games that cost me 120,000 credits a game.

Haul in a weeks worth, actually more than a months worth of dailies in coop with one good Narai map. 30,000 BXP. whats not to like.

Yes there is that word again. Fun. Reward center in brain gets mountains of goodies for the grinchy game economy. And so they yanked the assy battles. Surprising.

They keep saying they want people to flock to the game.... well stop being a grinch and pay out the damn BXP etc. Say 5000 a coop, etc. When you are farming for millions in FXP rather than spending 2500 damn dollars to convert 14 million to 15 millions unconverted FXP over a period of months its worth it.

Thats what killed WoT for me. They lack of income for that game economy. Grind three years for a top of line tank. Ya right.  Makes me nauseated to consider sitting for a thousand damn days 5 hours a day at the computer grinding something because its designed that way.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Thanks 2

[WHARF]
Beta Testers
34 posts
8,267 battles

Funny how WG can instantly remove a battle mode, yet something like unbreakable secondaries, etc took a full patch to get fixed. 

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Boring 1

[HOP4S]
Members
6,983 posts
35,369 battles
12 minutes ago, Pernius said:

Funny how WG can instantly remove a battle mode, yet something like unbreakable secondaries, etc took a full patch to get fixed. 

Ah, one is about keeping us from money (instantly) and the other is figuring out even a better way to screw us out of making money (takes time to figure out an even worse solution to a non-problem...)  :cap_viking:

• Cool 2

[CREDO]
Members
2,457 posts
9,205 battles

1st Asymmetric battle yesterday am, and found all humans instead of bots on the 9-10s... we were slaughtered in less than 10 min.

battles 2-9 were all bots (for 9-10) with one or two exceptions in a few battles, who were evidently not having much fun. got enough XP to get the Ognavoid modules upgraded.

then, another all human 9-10, that time made the supreme effort to stay alive, kept the battle going the full 20 min, with 6+ as the last green afloat, and nobody was enjoying that. played well, and got 2k+ base XP on the losing team, and 500k credits.

it's possible that the MM for Assym battles is worse than randoms, i can't imagine going into battle 9-10, would love to see the W/L % for the last couple days. 

while it is obviously broken, it was a joyfully welcome substitute for grinding anything in Random, or Coop, and i will miss it.

Members
869 posts
9,489 battles
40 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Still happens in Narai with certain ships. 

Members
869 posts
9,489 battles

As stated in another thread, I was saving my 9-10 tokens for a higher server population this weekend. So I could avoid being one of those poor guys with 5 bots on his team.  I had a few matches with full human crews, and they were challenging.

Edited by Valas1
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFD]
Members
4,011 posts
6,412 battles
1 hour ago, JediMasterDraco said:

In the right ship (everyone knows the one I mean) you can still do it in Narai. You can practically solo the Op.

[CUDA]
Members
1,446 posts
13,911 battles

If the game is so imbalanced no one will play one side there is a problem that needs to be addressed. The fact that you can't take advantage of the unintended consequence should not prevent them from fixing it.

I think they should drop the bigger fleet one more tier and see what happens.

• Cool 1

Members
86 posts
17,814 battles
16 minutes ago, Swervenkill said:

If the game is so imbalanced no one will play one side

Which side is that? ... because I played both vs humans (as well as bots) and it seems to me both are quite balanced.

p.s. hate that WG blocked mode for a weekend - addressing an issue by deleting source is no thinking mode

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,641 battles
4 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

WG invents asymmetric battles, allows players to play tier 7 ships against bots, players load all camos and flags, wg sees fxp gains breaking the spreadsheet's ability to calculate, wg kills asymetric battles.

thanks wg, your inability to understand your own game and player base are the reason we cant have nice stuff.

yesterday after enough of these types of battles i kept getting matched with the pitiable fools who didnt understand the point of this mode and actually paid to play tier 10:

and yet: Wargaming (WG) Player Support

Due to this battle type's original settings, there were too many bots in the tier IX - X teams, and because of this, the battle type does not provide an interesting enough gaming experience for both sides.

sure, not interesting enough; i found it extremely interesting!

shot-22.02.03_20.26.45-0520.jpg

Looks like what Narai used to produce (and still does with an extreme result)!

[NGA-A]
Members
2,646 posts
17,746 battles
18 minutes ago, Swervenkill said:

If the game is so imbalanced no one will play one side there is a problem that needs to be addressed. The fact that you can't take advantage of the unintended consequence should not prevent them from fixing it.

I think they should drop the bigger fleet one more tier and see what happens.

How about no. Most folks are currently liking Asyms because they alleviate the tier VIII grind. And in my experience, a full human team of tier IXs and Xs will go full can-opener on tier VIIs and VIIIs.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,400 posts

Fun and profit simply could not be allowed to go on. WG is planning to delete all economic bonuses this Summer, and doesn't want people using up those stockpiles of flags and camo in a mode that pays more than a pittance. As to their stated reason, well, I had a game against 2 Nevsky's and 4 tier ten DDs, all of which were human controlled. I took a cap and killed a Gearing and a Shimakaze with Mainz, so apparently humans could play the high tier side, if they wanted to.