You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Decisions, Decisions

20 comments in this topic

[TO07]
Members
4,302 posts
31,695 battles

I wrote a post not long back with the intention of possibly not paying for the last 5 sections of the Dock Yard, I was pretty adamant that felt it was a ripoff, I still do but i have finished the final tasks.

shot-22_02.03_23_17.28-0540.thumb.jpg.2b23cc72b06509922a95cb6b69bde000.jpg

By all accounts the ship is mediocre at best, but then again the previous Dock Yard's have been up and down.

But looking at it now I like many others have put the hard yards in whether intentionally to get the ship or Just The Repulse and I guess it could come in handy for special like snowflakes which i could use the ship in Coop.

But on the other hand I still have to spend money for to get said ship to play Coop, is it worth doubloons in the long run.

Had I run out of time I could justify it as a right off, but I finished 5 days ahead of schedule.

Its a dilemma.

Reversing a decision, and spending hard earn coin on a ship loathed, as opposed going the distance now that the finish line is within sight.

Looking at the ship as it is at this time I am torn.

shot-22_02.04_21_17_17-0256.thumb.jpg.a2a4734c3ab6a0405504790d7640f29f.jpg

So WG any chance I could tow this hulk to my  CLANS base and moor it in shallow waters and we could use it as a Floating Artillery Platform for when you finally create a " Global Cross Server Campaign "  Mode .

Oh wait what am I thinking that is never going to happen, WG prefers us to play 5 to 10 minute " CURB STOMPING and or BLOWOUT " random battles rather than have say a 20 to 50 day Global Campaign against the 4 opposing servers.

Silly me for thinking of such a novel idea.

Well 4 days to decide The Marlborough's Fate. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HOP4S]
Members
6,997 posts
35,446 battles

Our host counts on those whom are "compelled" to finish even "crappy event" and to spend real money.....  It seems, a lot of the population "just can't not do" what, in their hearts, they know to be not a wise nor smart thing......

You are not alone.  Some of us spent the money up front.   Not for the ships:  but rather, for the steel.  So, your decision and our decisions are keeping this game afloat.   What really matters though, is what our host does with our hard earned and sometimes, regretted decisions.....  In my case, I've slowed down play and spending to the point this year that whatever they offer from this point on had better be "value added" or I won't play nor pay....

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[FRFR]
Members
1,675 posts

I think the ship could do just fine in coop.  The large number of guns is a plus there, and the bad accuracy doesn’t really matter at the close ranges that coop is fought at.  However, the ship itself is still not worth the 5x1500 (7500) doubloons you’d have to pay to get it.  So you need to ask yourself if the interim awards are worth it. Are you willing to pay for the steel?

• Thanks 1

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,046 posts
32,987 battles

I've only played 9 games in her but have a 77% W/R and 122k average damage. I think shes a better ship then people realize.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,409 posts
15,683 battles
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

Its a dilemma.

Reversing a decision, and spending hard earn coin on a ship loathed, as opposed going the distance now that the finish line is within sight.

So it's basically 29 dollars but dont you also get 10k coal , 4k research points , 2k steel , and 2 santa crates for that ? This for me makes it a little less painful especially since I dont play clan battles and thats a nice chunck of steel , coal and research points . I have watched a few streamers play her and enjoy the ship some not so much . Anyway I paid and was able to get my first steel ship along with Repulse and the other perks i'm happy with the decsion . I still have not played the Marlbourgh so I cant personally comment on her . 

• Cool 1

Members
2,766 posts

The easiest decisions are the ones made before-hand on principles. The difficult ones are those based on emotion and the tantalizing closeness of the object. If Eve had not placed herself in proximity of the tree and the snake, then perhaps a different outcome...

Also, practicing letting such opportunities pass makes it easier and easier in the future, whereas succumbing only breaks down the will.

Use your dubs for a truly remarkable item rather that giving in to Pavlov's incessant ringing.

NoMarlborough.thumb.png.6232e6b0b78a550d5ab6d1ca7fa6d9a1.png

Done.

Edited by theLaalaa
  • Cool 2

[CUDA]
Members
1,449 posts
13,952 battles

This is how the dockyard events makes their money. They get you to think you've invested so much time in the ship you spend the money so the time isn't wasted. BUT your decision should be based on whether you really want the ship or  not. Ask yourself: if they offered you that ship for 30 bucks up front would you buy it? 

If the answer is no look at all the flags and other bennies you got working the dockyard and be happy. If the answer is yes, spend the money.

• Thanks 1

[WOLF6]
Members
166 posts
10,293 battles

Its not a horrible ship, I've actually had fun playing it.  It just ain't no battleship, play it like a really heavy cruiser and it works better.  You can get the reload time down to bad cruiser reload speeds and enjoy.  Worth the dubs?  To each his own, I enjoy the grind so I generally pay for the dockyards.

• Cool 1

[LRM]
Members
1,806 posts
18,044 battles
5 hours ago, tm63au said:

I wrote a post not long back with the intention of possibly not paying for the last 5 sections of the Dock Yard, I was pretty adamant that felt it was a ripoff, I still do but i have finished the final tasks.

shot-22_02.03_23_17.28-0540.thumb.jpg.2b23cc72b06509922a95cb6b69bde000.jpg

By all accounts the ship is mediocre at best, but then again the previous Dock Yard's have been up and down.

But looking at it now I like many others have put the hard yards in whether intentionally to get the ship or Just The Repulse and I guess it could come in handy for special like snowflakes which i could use the ship in Coop.

But on the other hand I still have to spend money for to get said ship to play Coop, is it worth doubloons in the long run.

Had I run out of time I could justify it as a right off, but I finished 5 days ahead of schedule.

Its a dilemma.

Looking at the ship as it is at this time I am torn.

shot-22_02.04_21_17_17-0256.thumb.jpg.a2a4734c3ab6a0405504790d7640f29f.jpg

So WG any chance I could tow this hulk to my  CLANS base and moor it in shallow waters and we could use it as a Floating Artillery Platform for when you finally create a " Global Cross Server Campaign "  Mode .

Oh wait what am I thinking that is never going to happen, WG prefers us to play 5 to 10 minute " CURB STOMPING and or BLOWOUT " random battles rather than have say a 20 to 50 day Global Campaign against the 4 opposing servers.

Silly me for thinking of such a novel idea.

Well 4 days to decide The Marlborough's Fate. 

Next time you just buy the 5-stage pack at the beginning, it is cheaper and since you commit from the start, you don't wander in the end.

My decision was almost easy: for the price of the pack, we get 1 container, 2200 steel, forgot hw much coal (11k?), 4200 research points and a premium ship. No doubt here.

Edited by crazyrom
  • Cool 1

[TO07]
Members
4,302 posts
31,695 battles
40 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Also, practicing letting such opportunities pass makes it easier and easier in the future, whereas succumbing only breaks down the will.

Very true statement

cheers

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,833 battles

A couple of things to consider.  

- It is a T9 premium so will earn good credits when you do take her out.

- With all those guns and a 22 second reload, this ship is great for BB mb hit tasks.  This is true especially in coop where the bots come at you.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
1,250 posts
21,753 battles

$30 for a tier 9 ship that would normally cost around $80 is never a dilemma for me no matter how bad a ship is perceived to be, especially when you get all the other goodies like the coal and steel with it from each stage completion.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,535 posts
29,670 battles

@tm63au just go for it! You know you want it! No need to have the community's support 'cause it's your hard-earned cash being used!! :cap_rambo:

I knew I would complete the event so I bought the five stages at the beginning  - using free dubs WG kindly gave me over the year. She is in port, sailed only once.

[TO07]
Members
4,302 posts
31,695 battles
20 minutes ago, Khafni said:

@tm63au just go for it! You know you want it! No need to have the community's support 'cause it's your hard-earned cash being used!! :cap_rambo:

I knew I would complete the event so I bought the five stages at the beginning  - using free dubs WG kindly gave me over the year. She is in port, sailed only once.

:Smile_honoring:

Members
6,889 posts
14,873 battles

I don't even look at the missions - no idea how far I have gone.  I have the doubloon ("birthday" coupon) but likely will not spend them on this.

[DEV_X]
Beta Testers
2,082 posts
12,562 battles
3 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

I've only played 9 games in her but have a 77% W/R and 122k average damage. I think shes a better ship then people realize.

Agreed. People seem to think she's this terrible ship but I'm just not seeing/experiencing it. I really enjoy playing it.

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

If you want a good strong Coop Boat, go get it with both hands. Like I did. But it is not a tanker and cannot hit beyond say 12km reliably. If WG removed or reduced the RNG crap to a very large degree then yes all ships would be more fun and we will see diversity that they crave so much.

Sometimes you buy ships in the game and they turn out less than fun. For example I picked up the Florida for about 40 dollars equivalent in coin yesterday, but found the reloads too damn long. You sit there and get farmed waiting on the damn things to load. A burger it aint. I compare everything against the Burger now. So I have intense buyers remorse. But eh it is what it is. You win some, you lose some.

In this case of the dockyard ship I had the feeling I lost way too much expecting improvements going into 2022. Oh well. Ces't la ve.