Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Spooky39

Cherry blossom

9 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts

WG said they are working on returning the old ops sometime this year.  They just released their 6 month roadmap of what to expect and there was no mention of any ops returning in the next 6 months.

[CO-OP]
Members
5,201 posts
43,308 battles
19 minutes ago, Spooky39 said:

Is this operation ever going to return? What other operation that was pulled?

Cherry Blossom, Ultimate Frontier, Hermes, and Dynamo are on hiatus.  Their return date is uncertain at this time, but it looks like sometime this later this year.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,986 posts
5,224 battles
56 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

WG said they are working on returning the old ops sometime this year.  They just released their 6 month roadmap of what to expect and there was no mention of any ops returning in the next 6 months.

You noticed that too, huh?  We didn't press the issue but did ask the question.  Shonai wasn't asked and didn't speak to it.

[HOP4S]
Members
6,995 posts
35,446 battles
6 hours ago, iDuckman said:

You noticed that too, huh?  We didn't press the issue but did ask the question.  Shonai wasn't asked and didn't speak to it.

In their Twitch stream, it was asked over and over again as to when.....  Player voices:  Clearly, articulately, succinctly and of clear intent;.......... and, was completely ignored.

What they didn't say speaks volumes........   We should take the hint about their AI changes that were "harping a positive interface change" to mean that since the Battlespace mechanics can't support subs and carriers, neither of which they will eliminate, that "somethings had to go" and those two things, AI bot quality and the Scenarios are what were and will continue to be sacrificed to sales......   Even if, most on the community likes the state of them; or even, the existence of both either in their present forms or if they even exist....!

I doubt we will or can see the return of those scenarios this year or ever.   Jets and Missiles will further exasperate the software's capabilities in the future.  And, they will be "forced" to introduce new economy changes to even remotely pay for a new game graphics engine....  That's why we are seeing phase two of economy changes coming:  the conversion to P2P via the devaluation of Camo's, Flags and Upgrades and the introduction of "per game purchases" via some form of micro-transactions in the near future...

Alas, we are done being a F2P title soon.   And, the scenarios were part of that era......

• Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Members
3,352 posts
3,059 battles
13 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

the conversion to P2P via the devaluation of Camo's, Flags and Upgrades and the introduction of "per game purchases" via some form of micro-transactions in the near future...

Alas, we are done being a F2P title soon. 

I SERIOUSLY doubt that. How would a game be pay to play if I'm already a player? 

[HOP4S]
Members
6,995 posts
35,446 battles
3 hours ago, black_hull4 said:

I SERIOUSLY doubt that. How would a game be pay to play if I'm already a player? 

That's simple:  it's a player negative revenue system at the skill tree change.  The devaluation of all of the revenue support tools are next.  You'll be losing money most of the time.....  Yes, that could go on for some time; but, I doubt anyone will stay revenue negative and have any amount of fun.  Our host knows that.    You'll have to "pay" for what they've take away to be competitive; to be "effective"; or, to simply have some fun at higher tier levels. 

And, they've been testing the market these past two years.....  It seems, a good many in WOWS are very compulsive.....  Invested too much to walk away.  We've seem all sorts of " I'll never do ........" go 180 degrees and do exactly what they said they'd never, ever do.....  Why, because our host knows "talk is cheap......."   And, they are assured that a great many will P2P in the near future......  They know and the data supports them.

What we have seen is the entire middle of the game leave, lessen efforts; retire to PVE;  or, play very little....

I could be wrong........but, I have a funny feeling "History is repeating itself yet once again....." 

Thanks for the conversation.

Members
4,784 posts
16,599 battles
2 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

That's simple:  it's a player negative revenue system at the skill tree change.  The devaluation of all of the revenue support tools are next.  You'll be losing money most of the time.....  Yes, that could go on for some time; but, I doubt anyone will stay revenue negative and have any amount of fun.  Our host knows that.    You'll have to "pay" for what they've take away to be competitive; to be "effective"; or, to simply have some fun at higher tier levels. 

And, they've been testing the market these past two years.....  It seems, a good many in WOWS are very compulsive.....  Invested too much to walk away.  We've seem all sorts of " I'll never do ........" go 180 degrees and do exactly what they said they'd never, ever do.....  Why, because our host knows "talk is cheap......."   And, they are assured that a great many will P2P in the near future......  They know and the data supports them.

What we have seen is the entire middle of the game leave, lessen efforts; retire to PVE;  or, play very little....

I could be wrong........but, I have a funny feeling "History is repeating itself yet once again....." 

Thanks for the conversation.

Your $$ turns to zero after nearly any digital purchase in videogames. Unless there is some legit 2nd market, or the game supports NFTs. 

[HOP4S]
Members
6,995 posts
35,446 battles
14 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

Your $$ turns to zero after nearly any digital purchase in videogames. Unless there is some legit 2nd market, or the game supports NFTs. 

I's suggest reading the Harvard Business School's Business and revenue analysis of LoL (last I looked, 1.8 Billion a year in MT's)......  There are other scholarly papers out there on this topic as well....  A small point-of-fact:   the average eSports team member at a NACE sanctioned University/College spend about $250 dollars a month on what our host sees as potential revenue in the future......   There were 300 eSports students where I was studying/researching Innovation Design theory.....  More now, from what I've been told.  Again, thanks for the reply and as always, this is my opinion.......