You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
struha

Commander 1 insignia for BB

9 comments in this topic

[LTM]
Members
25 posts
33,529 battles

Hi Guys,

I am trying to attain the Commander 1 level insignia for BB and CA, and I am tracking my damage numbers for BB and CA on a spreadsheet.  My understanding is that the last 100 Random Battles are used to calculate average damage.  When that damage exceeds the target, you get the insignia.

I have now tracked over 100 battles in BBs, so I should be able to calculate my current average, and it should agree to the average shown in the game.  When i calculate the average of the last 100 random battles, the average I get is higher by about 6000. (82000 vs 76000).  That's a pretty big difference for an average of 100 items.

Am i missing something in how this is calculated?  

[WOLFD]
Members
4,011 posts
6,079 battles

Have you been tracking your damage by type, by any chance?

[LTM]
Members
25 posts
33,529 battles

you mean by main guns, secondaries, fire, etc? no.  If you mean by type of ship yes.  The 6k number is for BBs  

Edited by struha

Members
2,010 posts

you dont need to track anything it is done for you...click on the insignia you want and it will tell you what your current status is 

[CO-OP]
Members
5,180 posts
41,651 battles
4 hours ago, struha said:

Hi Guys,

I am trying to attain the Commander 1 level insignia for BB and CA, and I am tracking my damage numbers for BB and CA on a spreadsheet.  My understanding is that the last 100 Random Battles are used to calculate average damage.  When that damage exceeds the target, you get the insignia.

I have now tracked over 100 battles in BBs, so I should be able to calculate my current average, and it should agree to the average shown in the game.  When i calculate the average of the last 100 random battles, the average I get is higher by about 6000. (82000 vs 76000).  That's a pretty big difference for an average of 100 items.

Am i missing something in how this is calculated?  

Are you tracking your damage for all ships, or just tier 9-10 ships?

[LTM]
Members
25 posts
33,529 battles

Hampton, Just tracking 9-10 ships (for Commander1).

Arch, thanks for responding, but please reread my OP.

[CO-OP]
Members
5,180 posts
41,651 battles
7 hours ago, struha said:

Hampton, Just tracking 9-10 ships (for Commander1).

Arch, thanks for responding, but please reread my OP.

Any superships? (Only other thing that I could think of to create that sort of discrepancy.)

[LTM]
Members
25 posts
33,529 battles

No superships, in fact its been almost entirely Bourgogne, as its my highest damage ship in Randos.  Anyway thanks for your input!

[WOLFD]
Members
4,011 posts
6,079 battles
17 hours ago, struha said:

you mean by main guns, secondaries, fire, etc? no.  If you mean by type of ship yes.  The 6k number is for BBs  

Yes, that's what I mean. If you haven't, nevermind, can't look at data you don't have.