You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_WrAb0m0ydCdC

Burning Down the House

35 comments in this topic

Members
360 posts

This morning I sold every ship I was able to for credits. I found out the ships with a premium commander assigned to them could not be sold.

- I had 233 ships and plus the replacements for the GK and Khaba which I had already ground out the experience for.

- I sold a ton of premiums, coal ships, RB ships like Benham, Alaska, Ohio, Georgia, Jean Bart, Warspite, Atago, Lenin etc.

Next I dismissed every commander I had and converted their exp to commander XP.

-I could not dismiss the elite commanders like Halsey, Sansonetti, Lutjens, etc. Not sure why.

Finally I sold every module, flag and camo I could.

At least for me, the game is just not fun anymore. Too much is out of the players control, especially if you play solo, which I do.

For example, I had 5 AP drops in my Saipan this morning on a Moskva and a Kitakaze and managed 2 bomb hits (the only 2 remaining ships on the red team except for the Chklov -which is so much better than the Saipan it’s not even funny). These were near perfect drops and every bomb fell on either side of both ship except for the 1 bomb that hit each of them. In a Lex or Midway I could have eliminated the DD and done a lot more damage to Mosva because of the extra bombs in each drop, but the Saipain has been so nerfed it is not even fun to play any more. It used to be my favorite CV because I found it a challenge, but with all the nerfs it is just frustrating to play most of the time and I know it will never be fixed.

There is just too much left up to RNG and who you get stuck playing with to feel like you have much of a chance to really influence things and in a lot of ships it is very hard to carry. In addition, I like to play in the mornings before I start work, but with the time gating things like ranked, brawls, asymmetric battles and even many of the team-like events I could not fully participate in.

Finally, I don’t think Wargaming listens to the player base.

-They conduct surveys but never release the results, which one would only do if they did not agree with your narrative.

-They refuse to do anything about the matchmaker, though so many CC’s and players alike say it needs work.

-They nerf some ships to the point they are 0 fun and yet drop in very OP lines and premiums ships, making the ships you spent time and money on worth little or nothing.

-They make massive changes to things like the captain skills, IHFE, bomb dispersion, etc. and you can tell the Devs really don’t play the game and don’t understand it. Some of the changes make popular ships so bad people stop playing them.

So, I set fire to the house and burned it all down, so if in a month or two I regret my decision, there will be nothing left to come back to.

I wish everyone the best and hope you continue to have fun playing the game. I wish I could send somebody my credits but I can’t. I will log in one more time and see if I can delete the remaining premium ships and commanders and then I will delete the account.

Happy Sailing.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
4 minutes ago, ScarRaven said:

Happy Sailing.

You could have saved yourself the trouble and just asked to have your account deleted in the first place.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[WHARF]
Members
847 posts
22,503 battles
11 minutes ago, ScarRaven said:

This morning I sold every ship I was able to for credits. I found out the ships with a premium commander assigned to them could not be sold.

- I had 233 ships and plus the replacements for the GK and Khaba which I had already ground out the experience for.

- I sold a ton of premiums, coal ships, RB ships like Benham, Alaska, Ohio, Georgia, Jean Bart, Warspite, Atago, Lenin etc.

Next I dismissed every commander I had and converted their exp to commander XP.

-I could not dismiss the elite commanders like Halsey, Sansonetti, Lutjens, etc. Not sure why.

Finally I sold every module, flag and camo I could.

At least for me, the game is just not fun anymore. Too much is out of the players control, especially if you play solo, which I do.

For example, I had 5 AP drops in my Saipan this morning on a Moskva and a Kitakaze and managed 2 bomb hits (the only 2 remaining ships on the red team except for the Chklov -which is so much better than the Saipan it’s not even funny). These were near perfect drops and every bomb fell on either side of both ship except for the 1 bomb that hit each of them. In a Lex or Midway I could have eliminated the DD and done a lot more damage to Mosva because of the extra bombs in each drop, but the Saipain has been so nerfed it is not even fun to play any more. It used to be my favorite CV because I found it a challenge, but with all the nerfs it is just frustrating to play most of the time and I know it will never be fixed.

There is just too much left up to RNG and who you get stuck playing with to feel like you have much of a chance to really influence things and in a lot of ships it is very hard to carry. In addition, I like to play in the mornings before I start work, but with the time gating things like ranked, brawls, asymmetric battles and even many of the team-like events I could not fully participate in.

-They conduct surveys but never release the results, which one would only do if they did not agree with your narrative.

-They refuse to do anything about the matchmaker, though so many CC’s and players alike say it needs work.

-They nerf some ships to the point they are 0 fun and yet drop in very OP lines and premiums ships, making the ships you spent time and money on worth little or nothing.

-They make massive changes to things like the captain skills, IHFE, bomb dispersion, etc. and you can tell the Devs really don’t play the game and don’t understand it. Some of the changes make popular ships so bad people stop playing them.

So, I set fire to the house and burned it all down, so if in a month or two I regret my decision, there will be nothing left to come back to.

I wish everyone the best and hope you continue to have fun playing the game. I wish I could send somebody my credits but I can’t. I will log in one more time and see if I can delete the remaining premium ships and commanders and then I will delete the account.

Happy Sailing.

I know the feeling...havent played much lately...and i an not missing the game which is not good...as more players leave...they try to think of any why to get more cash out of who is still here....

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

Members
2,335 posts
6,897 battles

If a Game of Pixel ships sets off all that rage, walk Away because as in real life the only one who care's is you....! Don't expect tears from the Player Base for most of us it's just a GAME....

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
31,082 posts
29,342 battles

You could have just deleted the account and walked quietly away with a "See you all, it's just not fun any more. Letting you know I'm gone so you won't worry about why haven't seen me in battle" and we would have wished you well in your travels.

Instead, you came here with an excruciatingly detailed laundry list of the damage you'd done to your in-game assets out of spite towards WG. You've inadvertently painted yourself as the sort of person who a lot of people would be glad to see the back of - like a jealous ex who trashes their partner's house and puts it up on YouTube, except it was your own house and your own stuff that you trashed.

I sort of feel sorry for you, because if one day you decide you were wrong and elect to come back, you're going to have the biggest dose of morning-after regret in the history of gaming. "My God, what have I done?" will not even BEGIN to cover it.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 6

Members
360 posts
1 minute ago, Raven114 said:

If a Game of Pixel ships sets off all that rage, walk Away because as in real life the only one who care's is you....! Don't expect tears from the Player Base for most of us it's just a GAME....

Not asking for tears, just letting people know why. If you enjoy the game, keep playing. If you don't, leave. It hurts nobody to tell others why. Simple really.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 4

Members
360 posts
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You could have just deleted the account and walked quietly away with a "See you all, it's just not fun any more. Letting you know I'm gone so you won't worry about why haven't seen me in battle" and we would have wished you well in your travels.

Instead, you came here with an excruciatingly detailed laundry list of the damage you'd done to your in-game assets out of spite towards WG. You've inadvertently painted yourself as the sort of person who a lot of people would be glad to see the back of - like a jealous ex who trashes their partner's house and puts it up on YouTube, except it was your own house and your own stuff that you trashed.

I sort of feel sorry for you, because if one day you decide you were wrong and elect to come back, you're going to have the biggest dose of morning-after regret in the history of gaming. "My God, what have I done?" will not even BEGIN to cover it.

That is an interesting take on it, though I fear it says far more about you than about me. But fan boys gotta fan. I did those things so in a moment of weakness I don't come back. Not sure if you got that.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,531 battles

I've unlocked this thread.

I don't know what will happen here as this thread no longer has an OP or purpose, but for whatever DOES happen please keep it classy.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,937 posts

So I have an idea . Take all the coin this op had and put it up for auction. Let the game decide who gets it. All his premium ships . Put them up for auction . Let the game decide what to do with them . I mean if he deleted his account those digital ships and coins are just ...theoretically there .

Hmmm. :cap_yes:

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

I guess that the OP just wanted to go out in a blaze of glory rather than slipping softly into that good night.

[CREDO]
Members
2,457 posts
9,220 battles
23 hours ago, DeletedUser said:

"... extensive wall of text vent rant rage quit etc..."

"... listing flaws that exist in the game that a few people have noticed ..."

Happy Sailing.

Dear Deleted,

When i was young, it bothered me to watch someone throw a major pissyfit.

Fast forward a half century, watching my Grandsons utterly lose their junk after i feed them sugar and caffeine is highly amusing. (ed. note: pitching a new OneXplayer 1S across the room, resulting in demolition. Brand new, and not his. Wish i had a video of that, it would be smashing the internet)

Do you have a video of you rage smashing your account?? If so, would you be willing to post??!!?!?!  It would be epic. :o)

Also: how many posts/threads like the one you started do you think a CC, moderator or WG execs would need to read in order to be less than enthusiastic to read more?? If they did read it, do you think it could be considered seriously??

Every now and then, WG does something that indicates they do listen to their players. I'm not sure how much of that happens as a result of what's posted here in the forums.

Anyway, Happy Sailing to you too.

Spud

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[WOLF5]
Members
2,443 posts
17,255 battles

After this action I am wondering what the total was as to credits, basically how many billion do you now (or did???) get or have?

Thanks and best wishes in your future gaming and life....

• Cool 1

Members
869 posts
9,489 battles

So...in about a month or two, will we get a play by play of your experience with Customer Service and Support tickets, trying to get all your stuff back?

Edited by Valas1
  • Haha 1

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,531 battles
2 minutes ago, Valas1 said:

So...in about a month or two, will we get a play by play of your experience with Customer Service and Support tickets, trying to get all your stuff back?

As dramatic as the original post was, it would just be a matter of an Account Rollback to set it to the way it was.

• Haha 2

Members
869 posts
9,489 battles
1 minute ago, Ahskance said:

As dramatic as the original post was, it would just be a matter of an Account Rollback to set it to the way it was.

Where's the fun in that! LOL.

I can see it now: "I submitted a support ticket today. I can still smell burning oil and see parts of my ships floating in port, Yamamoto is sitting on a crate weeping, Halsey is wandering around in a daze. I wonder it they will ever float again?!" :Smile_Default:

[CREDO]
Members
2,457 posts
9,220 battles
1 minute ago, Ahskance said:

Thank you for posting that, but Rats!!!

That would absolutely negate making a video of it, posting it online and breaking the internet, as the 2nd time it was done, everybody would know it was staged.

spud

• Cool 6

[BWC]
Beta Testers
3,432 posts
9,986 battles

I don't understand the reasoning that led to this.  Okay, I can see walking away from the game because you are not having fun...we all choose how we spend our time and what is fun to ourselves.  But the idea that you burn the entire account to prevent 'a moment of weakness' seems off.

Fearing going back on one's decision at the time of making that decision instead of some time afterwards is an indication of doubt in the decision being made, a suspicion that one will regret that decision down the line.  Most times, the sensible thing to do is to make contingency plans that keep open the option to revisit that decision after time has passed.  The only time to take active steps to forestall such possible corrective action is when it is clear the activity being given up is intrinsically harmful and the individual must prevent themselves from engaging in it despite their known desire to do so.

That isn't the stated case here.  If you are certain you will not want to come back to the game because you don't like it, then you don't need such drastic checks because you don't want to play in the first place.  

The only possibility I see here is the OP either didn't disclose some other factor at work here, or they actually did still enjoy the game and mean to prevent themselves from having the option to continue to play it in order not to have the possibility that they might discover their decision and the stated reasoning behind it was incorrect.

Still, it's everyone's decision as to playing the game or not.  If the OP didn't want feedback on their decision from the community, they should not have posted this thread.  Thus, I hope this bit of feedback helps they and other players who might be considering similar actions to be a bit more certain of their reasoning before taking irreparable action.

• Boring 1