You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tigermaus

Dalian today?

17 comments in this topic

[DEV_X]
Beta Testers
2,082 posts
12,562 battles

I thought I saw a few vids mentioning the Dalian would be available today. Is that still the case?

Thanks!

[PN]
WoWS Community Contributors
287 posts
11,044 battles
18 minutes ago, Tigermaus said:

I thought I saw a few vids mentioning the Dalian would be available today. Is that still the case?

Thanks!

Hi there! What we were told as CC's is that it would release February 3rd/4th (which to me implies that it depends on your time zone) hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

[DEV_X]
Beta Testers
2,082 posts
12,562 battles
12 minutes ago, MiniHannibal65 said:

Hi there! What we were told as CC's is that it would release February 3rd/4th (which to me implies that it depends on your time zone) hope this helps!

Thanks!

Supertester, Members, Wiki Editor
691 posts
13,749 battles

Ships tend to release on fridays or update days (Wednesdays) but SEA usually has the premium shop updated in the afternoon of Thursday for NA 

• Cool 1

[DOG]
Members
156 posts
17,640 battles

It is released on the Asia server. Listed for 19,300 dubs. No resources mentioned for it (ie coal etc). Expect we should be seeing it in NA on Friday morning.

• Cool 1

Members
1,147 posts
1 hour ago, Riminisky said:

It is released on the Asia server. Listed for 19,300 dubs. No resources mentioned for it (ie coal etc). Expect we should be seeing it in NA on Friday morning.

And here is the link: https://armory.worldofwarships.asia/en/ for the overview page and https://armory.worldofwarships.asia/en/category/featured/5000001486 for the ship itself. As usual there's also an "Admiral Pack" bundle.

• Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
493 posts
20,426 battles

I don’t see anything compelling about this ship to make it worth any investment. Essentially it is a large destroyer.

[X-PN]
Members
3,853 posts
17,747 battles

Gameplay will be part wall of skill and part semi-nuetered Smolensk.  DPM is so so but taking IFHE at high tiers to help with pen usually isn't worth it since you need fires to deal with BBs.  It actually interesting to me but I think it's skill floor is bit higher than usual.  It has all the drawbacks and weaknesses of something like a Smolensk plus a few but lacks the DPM to compensate... you have to land torps to make it really work.

image.thumb.png.03ae461162b02c31db56d1416e04f239.png

Is it really a dubs only ship?  Would that be the first ship like that ?(ARP Yamato doesn't really count since there is an identical ship in the tree).

Edited by YouSatInGum

[NAWTI]
Members
239 posts
20,750 battles
1 hour ago, YouSatInGum said:

Is it really a dubs only ship?  Would that be the first ship like that ?(ARP Yamato doesn't really count since there is an identical ship in the tree).

Giuseppe Verdi was just like that not too long ago.

[DEV_X]
Beta Testers
2,082 posts
12,562 battles
37 minutes ago, S7CentNickel said:

Any idea what the real currency will be for it once/if the 19.3k dubs exclusive is over?  Hoping for FXP but coals would work for me.

IIRC, the FXP ship thing is not something WG is doing any longer. The Research Bureau is sort of taking its place.

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles

Gameplay will be part wall of skill and part semi-nuetered Smolensk.  DPM is so so but taking IFHE at high tiers to help with pen usually isn't worth it since you need fires to deal with BBs.  It actually interesting to me but I think it's skill floor is bit higher than usual.  It has all the drawbacks and weaknesses of something like a Smolensk plus a few but lacks the DPM to compensate... you have to land torps to make it really work.

image.thumb.png.03ae461162b02c31db56d1416e04f239.png

Given its fragility the range is really rough, too.

Members
1,147 posts
1 hour ago, S7CentNickel said:

Any idea what the real currency will be for it once/if the 19.3k dubs exclusive is over?  Hoping for FXP but coals would work for me.

As someone already said, FXP for ships looks like it's being grandfathered.  Maybe for coal in a few months, but even the Guiseppe Verdi is still doubloons only.

As usual those who speak don't know and those who know don't speak...:Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by tangofan

[X-PN]
Members
3,853 posts
17,747 battles
9 hours ago, tangofan said:

As someone already said, FXP for ships looks like it's being grandfathered.  Maybe for coal in a few months, but even the Guiseppe Verdi is still doubloons only.

As usual those who speak don't know and those who know don't speak...:Smile_veryhappy:

Didn't realize about GV.... well I guess that makes Dalian a second step down the slippery slope of monetization.  T9 is just one step away from T10... and once a T10 ship becomes cash only then that is getting awfully close to P2W. 

Personally I think Dalian is something that I'd consider using the rest of my leftover dubs on but it's not $80 good.

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles

Didn't realize about GV.... well I guess that makes Dalian a second step down the slippery slope of monetization.  T9 is just one step away from T10... and once a T10 ship becomes cash only then that is getting awfully close to P2W. 

Personally I think Dalian is something that I'd consider using the rest of my leftover dubs on but it's not $80 good.

The game won't likely ever be pay to win. Pay to skip to Tier X? Sure, but the ones who do are almost always the worst players lol.

[X-PN]
Members
3,853 posts
17,747 battles
On 2/4/2022 at 10:01 PM, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

The game won't likely ever be pay to win. Pay to skip to Tier X? Sure, but the ones who do are almost always the worst players lol.

Paying to skip to Tier X is one thing....  A Tier X being only available for cash is another.... especially if said Tier X turns out to be pretty good... Tier X is the most used tier for competitive games.  So in that case it's no longer paying to skip a grind when cash becomes the only path that ship.
We aren't there yet... but if these two ships stay dubs only, then we just took a step closer to that.