Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Aurora_7

The moment you almost become 'That Guy"

10 comments in this topic

[AK-49]
Members
647 posts
13,929 battles

I always consider myself a player that just wants to have fun with the game, not take it too serious and be respectful in chat to other players -but once in a while...

I was in a recent game with a Zieten and I was in an area being captured with another Zieten on my team and we seemed to doing a great bit of team work. We chased a red DD from the area, held off a couple of CAs from entering and we were within 2 seconds of a capture and then it became 40 seconds. I didn't get hit. Did get clobbered? No -he left the cap to engage three other ships in another area. I was left alone but became popular very fast. HE, AP and torps came in from everywhere. He was taken our before me (I didn't see how) but I got the urge to rage chat "You %#$^&#@! idiot! We almost had the cap! 2 seconds to go!! Don't you watch the map??!!"

I didn't because a) Particular in my earlier days of playing I remember being so targe focused I'd become unaware of my situational awareness and had done the same thing. He could be a new player and b) I swore I'd never take the game so serious myself that I'd be a chat rager after seeing so much of it myself over the thousands of matches I've played over the years and I've seen all sort of players form the clueless, to the pros to the nut cases that start taking pot shots at their own team mates. In the end, this is a game.

But every once in a while....

"

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2

[AK-49]
Members
647 posts
13,929 battles
7 minutes ago, BitCrushed said:

+1 for self control   :Smile_veryhappy:

It's the political chat posts that I need to work on.

Edited by Aurora_7

[-AGW-]
Members
1,159 posts
24,101 battles

Surprisingly people still don't pay attention to the map, or the clock, or the score... or anything outside their little bubble. 

• Thanks 1

Members
404 posts
11,527 battles

I've accidentally done that in a BB before when I was moving at half or a quarter speed on my way out of the cap and planning on getting the cap done before leaving, but then some last minute reset screws up my prediction and I end up drifting out, very slowly.  It sucks when it happens, but it's a thing for BBs that I'm willing to forgive.  For DDs and more nimble cruisers, though... not so much.

• Thanks 2

[AK-49]
Members
647 posts
13,929 battles
48 minutes ago, Ceesa said:

I've accidentally done that in a BB before when I was moving at half or a quarter speed on my way out of the cap and planning on getting the cap done before leaving, but then some last minute reset screws up my prediction and I end up drifting out, very slowly.  It sucks when it happens, but it's a thing for BBs that I'm willing to forgive.  For DDs and more nimble cruisers, though... not so much.

Nothing is worse when you're in a big boat and at the mercy of momentum. I've been in my Yamato and have done that very same thing. You're know you're leaving the cap, your in a hard turn and maybe have your engines are in full reverse but the game modeling just has you drifting slowly past the point of no retunr.

[LRM]
Members
1,808 posts
18,063 battles
22 hours ago, Aurora_7 said:

I always consider myself a player that just wants to have fun with the game, not take it too serious and be respectful in chat to other players -but once in a while...

I was in a recent game with a Zieten and I was in an area being captured with another Zieten on my team and we seemed to doing a great bit of team work. We chased a red DD from the area, held off a couple of CAs from entering and we were within 2 seconds of a capture and then it became 40 seconds. I didn't get hit. Did get clobbered? No -he left the cap to engage three other ships in another area. I was left alone but became popular very fast. HE, AP and torps came in from everywhere. He was taken our before me (I didn't see how) but I got the urge to rage chat "You %#$^&#@! idiot! We almost had the cap! 2 seconds to go!! Don't you watch the map??!!"

I didn't because a) Particular in my earlier days of playing I remember being so targe focused I'd become unaware of my situational awareness and had done the same thing. He could be a new player and b) I swore I'd never take the game so serious myself that I'd be a chat rager after seeing so much of it myself over the thousands of matches I've played over the years and I've seen all sort of players form the clueless, to the pros to the nut cases that start taking pot shots at their own team mates. In the end, this is a game.

But every once in a while....

"

that _hole deservers 3 day ban from the game.

[AK-49]
Members
647 posts
13,929 battles
4 minutes ago, crazyrom said:

that _hole deservers 3 day ban from the game.

heh :Smile_smile:

[DMGS]
Members
673 posts
9,536 battles

Allied ships leaving caps they were about to grab is one of my biggest pet-peeves. It's especially aggravating when you, like the OP, are in there helping when it happens. 

I mean sure, a solo cap is worth more than an assist but this kinda thing has cost me games.

Edited by Firewalk