You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Willy55_1955

Asymmetric Battles Boooooring

52 comments in this topic

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
927 posts
19,684 battles

Understanding this is the first day, EVERY game queue is 2 minutes long. Once you get into the battle lobby you are faced against the same BOT team over, and over, and over again. I can tell you on each map exactly where they will go and that the CV will NOT move an inch. Two players said they played T10 one time and will not do it again as, obviously, they get no support from the BOTS and everyone focuses on them and they died a quick, painful death. Playing ASB is no different than playing COOP except the rewards are better. However, the rewards cannot replace what should be challenging gameplay for both sides.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLFX]
Members
813 posts
1,713 battles

First day. It will get better. I faced an all-human team of T10 DDs and two CAs.

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
927 posts
19,684 battles
4 minutes ago, cammaj said:

First day. It will get better. I faced an all-human team of T10 DDs and two CAs.

SEA server?

[WOLFX]
Members
813 posts
1,713 battles
17 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

SEA server?

No, NA. But my other five games on there were verses BOTs.

I think that when people gather enough tokens they will bring out their T10 & T9 ships, perhaps in Divisions.

I am playing on the ASIA server at the moment and have yet to come across full human T10 & T9 teams. Sometimes there are one or tow humans on the teams.

Edited by cammaj

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
927 posts
19,684 battles

1 minute ago, cammaj said:

No, NA. But my other five games on there were verses BOTs.

I think that when people gather enough tokens they will bring out their T10 & T9 ships, perhaps in Divisions.

We can only hope.

[X-PN]
Members
3,836 posts
17,720 battles
32 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

Understanding this is the first day, EVERY game queue is 2 minutes long. Once you get into the battle lobby you are faced against the same BOT team over, and over, and over again. I can tell you on each map exactly where they will go and that the CV will NOT move an inch. Two players said they played T10 one time and will not do it again as, obviously, they get no support from the BOTS and everyone focuses on them and they died a quick, painful death. Playing ASB is no different than playing COOP except the rewards are better. However, the rewards cannot replace what should be challenging gameplay for both sides.

Consider playing T10 a true challenge....   I was will on my way with Des Moines to winning with an all bot team until the invisible sticky fly paper border tripped me.  (I would complain to WG about border bug but it won't be fixed until next patch so sort of moot).

Like said above it will get better, but until then think of it as COOP with Random rewards... not something I would complain about.... got any T7 or T8 you want to grind?  Now is an excellent time...

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,956 posts
18,534 battles

With the 200% first win bonus in play, there’s no reason for me to do anything with the T9-10 side of asymmetric battles until I see the tide turning, so I just grind my T8s in them.

The fact that asymmetric battles don’t count toward the dockyard may dissuade some from participating.

Fewer participants overall, means fewer getting tokens for T9 and 10.

[NGA-A]
Members
2,654 posts
17,751 battles

I think I just found my new favorite battle type. Suddenly that tier VIII Aircraft Carrier grind seems much less formidable. Better harvest while I can before too many players start using their tier IXs and Xs.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
6,097 posts
17,227 battles
28 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

With the 200% first win bonus in play, there’s no reason for me to do anything with the T9-10 side of asymmetric battles until I see the tide turning, so I just grind my T8s in them.

The 200% first win bonus ended early this morning, and the first win bonus doesn’t apply to Asymmetric Battles anyways.

[NGA-A]
Members
2,654 posts
17,751 battles
13 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

The 200% first win bonus ended early this morning, and the first win bonus doesn’t apply to Asymmetric Battles anyways.

Not like it's a loss. You probably get much better earnings in Asym battles with standard +100% XP camo than ya would in co-op with the bonus. And these battles so far are as easy as co-op. Yeah that'll probably change eventually, but for now I've got two tier VIII CVs that are practically singing the Hallelujah Chorus.

[WOLFC]
Members
6,097 posts
17,227 battles
6 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Not like it's a loss. You probably get much better earnings in Asym battles with standard +100% XP camo than ya would in co-op with the bonus. And these battles so far are as easy as co-op. Yeah that'll probably change eventually, but for now I've got two tier VIII CVs that are practically singing the Hallelujah Chorus.

Yeah, I earned the 130k or so XP I needed to finish my Zieten grind in a few hours with very little effort. The tier IX and X queue may start filling up soon as more players earn the tokens they need to play those ships, or WG will apply some fix to make playing the higher tiers easier or more lucrative. It’s best to take advantage of the easy grinding while we can.

[NGA-A]
Members
2,654 posts
17,751 battles
13 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Yeah, I earned the 130k or so XP I needed to finish my Zieten grind in a few hours with very little effort. The tier IX and X queue may start filling up soon as more players earn the tokens they need to play those ships, or WG will apply some fix to make playing the higher tiers easier or more lucrative. It’s best to take advantage of the easy grinding while we can.

Yeah tell me about it. Just ran into a non-bot team in my Parv. Pain.

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,060 battles
1 hour ago, cammaj said:

perhaps in Divisions.

1 hour ago, Willy55_1955 said:

We can only hope.

No divs allowed.

[ERK]
Members
958 posts
14,975 battles
1 hour ago, JediMasterDraco said:

I think I just found my new favorite battle type. Suddenly that tier VIII Aircraft Carrier grind seems much less formidable. Better harvest while I can before too many players start using their tier IXs and Xs.

I tried that and against a full human high tier team they melted and deplaned my Implacable in about 6 minutes or so. If there is a bot CV though you can just nuke him down at least, the bot CV won't even move at all.

[5IN]
Members
207 posts
33,262 battles

I played 6 games with the Wichita (all wins), I got anywhere from 1500 to 2700 base xp in 5-7 minute games. I've never gotten the dailies done so quick. 

[NGA-A]
Members
2,654 posts
17,751 battles
Just now, Superczar said:

I tried that and against a full human high tier team they melted and deplaned my Implacable in about 6 minutes or so. If there is a bot CV though you can just nuke him down at least, the bot CV won't even move at all.

True, but so far of the three human teams I've encountered, none have had CVs meaning you've got the ability to give your team a decent spotting advantage.

[QNA]
Beta Testers
2,127 posts

Ive only seen an all human team a couple of times on the high tier side, and frankly the bots play better and last longer. Just so many players with 38% WR and 200 randoms total, having only progressed to about t6, who have bought a t9 just to play this mode.

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,060 battles
1 hour ago, Superczar said:

Yeah...had 1 game against humans where our team had a CV & it was sending out 1 & 2 plane squads at the end of the match...

Not sure how much earlier as I wasn't paying attention while I was still floating but it was a 4 BB (Yammy & 3KMs) & 2 cruiser (Ven & Riga) match on Trap w/the 3 circles all entwined & we had a CV & 4 DDs...& I forget what else other than my Mogami.

It was a heavily contested match for the circles because they were pushing hard & we just barely won...but our CV was hurting & scored at the bottom due to no planes left to work with by the end...

& of course the DDs ruled being able to farm from their smoke due to the CV spotting on top of them being able to torp soup them & the islands providing plenty of places to hide from the radar & hydro.

I was able to start fires & even got a couple torps in but I was having to hide most of the battle due to the superior flanking they had set up (against squishy cruisers anyway).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[NGA-A]
Members
2,654 posts
17,751 battles

I'll say this: If Asymmetrical Battles continue to be as they are, I'll have Manfred von Richthofen and Admiral Nakhimov before March.

• Haha 1

[CO-OP]
Members
3,732 posts
37,475 battles

In a fully flagged and camoed (I had some Mosaics) Weimar I was making about 20k XP per game last night. Managed 50k ECXP in one game.

[BLUES]
Members
118 posts

I'm working on getting captains up to 21.  DD Le Fantasque. Flying all the flags I got in Santa crates. I got one captain from 19 to almost 21 in one day of Asymmetric play. Best game of the day, 92,290 comander xp in one game.

image.thumb.png.4fbac134633a5221f5b0078b6c44942a.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SRBL]
Members
716 posts
20,966 battles

Played six games in Massa and made close to 6 million credits. Later I took out Bourg and smashed some T8 slugs.