Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gjflanker

Currency Required to Play...

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

192
[ODIN]
Members
312 posts
20,934 battles

I am not a fan of this trend to require a currency payment to either play a ship or ships in a certain tier.  Not sure that super ships belong in the game, but this randomness of being able to play them really sucks.  I only have so much time to play the game as it is.  Having to pay tokens earned playing ranked to then maybe be able to play a supership on any given day is [edited], IMHO.  Also, I really do like the idea of asymmetric battles, but having to earn tokens to play the higher tiers sucks, especially when game after game the higher tiers are... yes, bots.  Yeah, that'll really motivate me to play this game-type WoWs. Basically another version of COOP.  Wonder why.  Thanks WoWs for showing once again how you can take a great idea and break it.

  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,966
[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,340 posts
9,621 battles
4 minutes ago, gjflanker said:

I am not a fan of this trend to require a currency payment to either play a ship or ships in a certain tier.  Not sure that super ships belong in the game, but this randomness of being able to play them really sucks.  I only have so much time to play the game as it is.  Having to pay tokens earned playing ranked to then maybe be able to play a supership on any given day is [edited], IMHO.  Also, I really do like the idea of asymmetric battles, but having to earn tokens to play the higher tiers sucks, especially when game after game the higher tiers are... yes, bots.  Yeah, that'll really motivate me to play this game-type WoWs. Basically another version of COOP.  Wonder why.  Thanks WoWs for showing once again how you can take a great idea and break it.

It has always been that way.  If you can't afford to service a ship after having used it you are unable to use the ship until you have raised the funds to pay for the servicing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,352
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,916 posts
8,973 battles
4 minutes ago, gjflanker said:

I am not a fan of this trend to require a currency payment to either play a ship or ships in a certain tier.  Not sure that super ships belong in the game, but this randomness of being able to play them really sucks.  I only have so much time to play the game as it is.  Having to pay tokens earned playing ranked to then maybe be able to play a supership on any given day is [edited], IMHO.  Also, I really do like the idea of asymmetric battles, but having to earn tokens to play the higher tiers sucks, especially when game after game the higher tiers are... yes, bots.  Yeah, that'll really motivate me to play this game-type WoWs. Basically another version of COOP.  Wonder why.  Thanks WoWs for showing once again how you can take a great idea and break it.

I may be missing the point, but you've always needed currency to play. Ship service costs charge against your silver balance, also used to buy tech tree ships and fit them out. It's always been a part of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,127
[WOLFD]
Members
4,011 posts
6,423 battles
6 minutes ago, gjflanker said:

I am not a fan of this trend to require a currency payment to either play a ship or ships in a certain tier.  Not sure that super ships belong in the game, but this randomness of being able to play them really sucks.  I only have so much time to play the game as it is.  Having to pay tokens earned playing ranked to then maybe be able to play a supership on any given day is [edited], IMHO.  Also, I really do like the idea of asymmetric battles, but having to earn tokens to play the higher tiers sucks, especially when game after game the higher tiers are... yes, bots.  Yeah, that'll really motivate me to play this game-type WoWs. Basically another version of COOP.  Wonder why.  Thanks WoWs for showing once again how you can take a great idea and break it.

Yeah they really didn't think Asymmetric thru as it is. Who's going to want to play on the Tier X bot side, when you can just play as a Tier VIII and grind out wins against bots for better rewards and less hassle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
82 posts
7,672 battles

Yeah this version of asymmetric battles is just Co Op 2.0 unfortunately. Because it really is fun when both teams are actually made of 100% humans. The matches I've had where both teams are actually human have been close games that usually come down the last 1-2 ships on each side.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,127
[WOLFD]
Members
4,011 posts
6,423 battles
1 minute ago, Helstrem said:

It has always been that way.  If you can't afford to service a ship after having used it you are unable to use the ship until you have raised the funds to pay for the servicing. 

 

1 minute ago, HyperFish said:

I may be missing the point, but you've always needed currency to play. Ship service costs charge against your silver balance, also used to buy tech tree ships and fit them out. It's always been a part of the game. 

I believe OP is talking about needing tokens to be able to play Superships, but I'm not sure what else he's referring that he'd perceive that as a "trend".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,966
[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,340 posts
9,621 battles
2 minutes ago, Harathan said:

 

I believe OP is talking about needing tokens to be able to play Superships, but I'm not sure what else he's referring that he'd perceive that as a "trend".

Oh.  That.  That is just to limit populations while they are in testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
787
[WOLFH]
Members
1,528 posts

The concept for Asymmetric Battles is interesting.  However, ...

The half dozen or so battles I played against humans were all stomps; lower tiers won half the games and upper tiers won the other half.  Maybe the numbers on opposing teams need to be adjusted, but it was readily apparent very early in each game which team would win.

The biggest disappointment was being pitted against entire teams of red bots and sometimes with a few green bot shipmates.  Bots are still bots and if I wanted that I would just play co-op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
82 posts
7,672 battles

After 5 hours of Asymmetric Battles, I only had 5 games that actually had full teams of humans on both sides. I had 5 more games where at each team was partially human. While those games are fun, this mode is turning into an amazing place to grind tier 7 and 8 ships because the rewards are so much better than co op, but you still get to fight bots and the matches end super fast. Probably not what WG intended, but it is what it is.

From chatting in game with other players it seems like the queue times for tier 9 and 10 are really long and therefore they are leaving the queue and just going back to tier 7 and 8 ships since you can actually get a match with bots quickly with those. I wonder if the tier 9 and 10 matchmaker is really struggling to assemble any teams of higher tier ships because not enough people are playing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,598
[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,075 battles
2 hours ago, Harathan said:

 

I believe OP is talking about needing tokens to be able to play Superships, but I'm not sure what else he's referring that he'd perceive that as a "trend".

You also need tokens to play high tier ships in Asymmetric battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×