Sign in to follow this  
RazorwaveInNA

The WOWSnumbers Guide To The Repulse (comedic review/guide series)

5 comments in this topic

Members
12 posts
4 battles

Hey! I'm Razorwave, welcome to my forum post for my videos. I aim to upload a couple of times per week with World of Warships content, mainly the "WOWSnumbers guide" series, where I take a comedic look at a ship in WoWS, but also try to provide some real useful information too!

These are made in the style of Rhiload's EVE Online videos, so if you are familiar with those you should know what to expect. 

With the Dockyard ending in around a week, I thought I'd make a video on Repulse, the best ship from this event (don't come at me) to give you guys a quick and comedic rundown on whether this ship is worth grinding if you haven't done so already!

As always, thoughts and feedback are super appreciated, and let me know any ships you'd like to see

Cheers!

• Cool 1

[WOLFD]
Members
4,011 posts
6,449 battles
2 hours ago, RazorwaveInNA said:

Hey! I'm Razorwave, welcome to my forum post for my videos. I aim to upload a couple of times per week with World of Warships content, mainly the "WOWSnumbers guide" series, where I take a comedic look at a ship in WoWS, but also try to provide some real useful information too!

These are made in the style of Rhiload's EVE Online videos, so if you are familiar with those you should know what to expect. 

With the Dockyard ending in around a week, I thought I'd make a video on Repulse, the best ship from this event (don't come at me) to give you guys a quick and comedic rundown on whether this ship is worth grinding if you haven't done so already!

As always, thoughts and feedback are super appreciated, and let me know any ships you'd like to see

Cheers!

I feel like Hood is a better comparison than Georgia; they're both BCs rather than BBs, both handle similarly (fast in a straight but terrible at turning) and are played most sucessfully in a similar way - sniping, flanking and kiting.

Nothing wrong with the video tho.

Edited by Harathan

Members
12 posts
4 battles
8 minutes ago, Harathan said:

I feel like Hood is a better comparison than Georgia; they're both BCs rather than BBs and are played most sucessfully in a similar way - sniping, flanking and kiting.

I was thinking about using Hood, the issue I had with it was that Hood just isn't very good, whereas Georgia is. Felt like if I compared Repulse to Hood, it'd imply she's bad

[WOLFD]
Members
4,011 posts
6,449 battles
8 minutes ago, RazorwaveInNA said:

I was thinking about using Hood, the issue I had with it was that Hood just isn't very good, whereas Georgia is. Felt like if I compared Repulse to Hood, it'd imply she's bad

I'd argue that you're more likely to be successful in Repulse if are successful in Hood, than if you are successful in Georgia. I don't get the impression that most folks think Hood is bad, just that she's not great. She's average and that's really the problem. A lot of people object to paying real money for an average ship, oblivious to the fact that if premiums ships were universally better that would literally be Pay To Win.

Members
12 posts
4 battles
5 minutes ago, Harathan said:

I'd argue that you're more likely to be successful in Repulse if are successful in Hood, than if you are successful in Georgia. I don't get the impression that most folks think Hood is bad, just that she's not great. She's average and that's really the problem. A lot of people object to paying real money for an average ship, oblivious to the fact that if premiums ships were universally better that would literally be Pay To Win.

Very true, I probably could have picked a better frame of reference than a ship that was removed for being too OP.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, definitely taken on board!

Sign in to follow this