Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bandi73

Erm.......what??

39 comments in this topic

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
10,994 battles

Please tell me Wedgie that you didn't allowed Cv's in asymmetric battles......:cap_fainting::Smile_facepalm:

• Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,551 posts
20,985 battles

image.thumb.png.0ff5581da6c780a656648bdf5122f48e.png

Edit. Not only are CV's in it but,

Rules
If the waiting time spent by the first player in the queue exceeds 3 minutes, the teams can be complemented with bots. You can't enter an Asymmetric Battle within a Division, and achievements are disabled in this battle type due to its specific nature.

So how was the one in queue for 3 minutes. Not only that but,

Bots.thumb.jpg.9fbc8bee87e79d85f1780692432408b1.jpg

the only CV in the game was a damn bot.

[WOLFD]
Members
4,011 posts
6,449 battles
15 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

Please tell me Wedgie that you didn't allowed Cv's in asymmetric battles......:cap_fainting::Smile_facepalm:

I feel like the word "Asymmetric" is fairly self-explanatory. Why do you think CV players should not be allowed to have fun in a particular battle mode, Bandi?

Edited by Harathan
  • Cool 2

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,162 battles
23 minutes ago, Harathan said:

I feel like the word "Asymmetric" is fairly self-explanatory. Why do you think CV players should not be allowed to have fun in a particular battle mode, Bandi?

Yes Bandi, do you have another target, a ..military target? Dantooine does not count. 

*Destroys Alderaan with Superlaser and billions of Republicans die a painful mask free death. Empire cheers .."yay!" *Darth Vader, in his "C-Pap Mask" high fives Tarkin. Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" plays in the background.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,162 battles
43 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

Well, Rogue 2, AKA Wedge Antilles wanted in on the fun. He needs to use his Y-Wings once in a while and Ackbar likes Traps. 

Uh, not those traps referred to in anime okay. I don't want the Forumites losing their minds on that. Most of them barely found their minds in a gutter.

[WOLFD]
Members
4,011 posts
6,449 battles
1 hour ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

image.thumb.png.0ff5581da6c780a656648bdf5122f48e.png

Edit. Not only are CV's in it but,

So how was the one in queue for 3 minutes. Not only that but,

Bots.thumb.jpg.9fbc8bee87e79d85f1780692432408b1.jpg

the only CV in the game was a damn bot.

If there were no Tier X players in the queue, what else was it supposed to do other than put bots in there? Your doesn't have a CV, the enemy team does. Seems asymmetrical to me.

Are folks just not understanding what the word asymmetric actually means?

Edited by Harathan

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
10,994 battles
40 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Yes Bandi, do you have another target, a ..military target? Dantooine does not count. 

*Destroys Alderaan with Superlaser and billions of Republicans die a painful mask free death. Empire cheers .."yay!" *Darth Vader, in his "C-Pap Mask" high fives Tarkin. Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" plays in the background.

Well........the ideal would be not giving me a target. Otherwise I tend to be quite proportionate, both in my selections and my responses.

Otherwise asymmetric, in gaming and game theory means that the two teams could and are highly different in their composition. Not unbalanced.

And...barring a class is not the same as barring a player. Not even remotely.

Edited by Bandi73
  • Meh 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
2,551 posts
20,985 battles
8 minutes ago, Harathan said:

If there were no Tier X players in the queue, what else was it supposed to do other than put bots in there? Your doesn't have a CV, the enemy team does. Seems asymmetrical to me.

Are folks just not understanding what the word asymmetric actually means?

Sure as hell not this,

shot-22_02_02_14_22.18-0925.thumb.jpg.9b72104a57bf68af70e3f62f1ed13a89.jpg

Essentially 9v1. If this is how this mode is going to go WG can take and shove it. A challenge is one thing, but that is sure as hell not what that was.

Edit. Oh and the 3 minute wait time, took less than 30 seconds to get that abomination of a match.

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
10,994 battles
1 minute ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Sure as hell not this,

Essentially 9v1. If this is how this mode is going to go WG can take and shove it. A challenge is one thing, but that is sure as hell not what that was.

Yes. The previous iteration was helluva fun and challenging.

• Meh 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,162 battles
5 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Sure as hell not this,

Edit. Oh and the 3 minute wait time, took less than 30 seconds to get that abomination of a match.

Folks want to be on the side with more ships, then they call it asymmetric. If they are on the small team, then they call it unfair. 

It is like getting caught by many Thots with aluminum bats and they wail away at you for being that guy that made them angry. LOL

I would be more worried if surrounded by players that overreact and die horribly in such battles.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,162 battles
12 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

Well........the ideal would be not giving me a target. Otherwise I tend to be quite proportionate, both in my selections and my responses.

Otherwise asymmetric, in gaming and game theory means that the two teams could and are highly different in their composition. Not unbalanced.

It is available to every ship type. There are no exclusion signs like Ranked and KOTS. 

[WOLFD]
Members
4,011 posts
6,449 battles
11 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Sure as hell not this,

I'm still not clear on your complaint. You queued for a mode and you got to play that mode. Nobody else queued so you went up against bots, which is exactly what it's supposed to do.

Is your complaint that no other players were queuing for that mode? Was this screenshot from this morning? Are you complaining that nobody is playing a new game mode during the middle of the day? Cos that's not really WG's fault, is it?

Edited by Harathan
  • Meh 1

[WOLFD]
Members
4,011 posts
6,449 battles
Just now, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

It is available to every ship type. There are no exclusion signs like Ranked and KOTS. 

WG wants everyone to be able to enjoy playing in a new, explicitly non-competitive game mode? Imagine that.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
2,551 posts
20,985 battles

Didn't say anything about it being unfair, but with how god awful the bots are right now I would like to meet the person that would enjoy that sort of match. 2 or 3 players with the bots maybe, but 9 vs 1, you can go pound sand.

1 minute ago, Harathan said:

I'm still not clear on your complaint. You queued for a mode and you got to play that mode. Nobody else queued so you went up against bots, which is exactly what it's supposed to do.

Are you blind or need someone to explain it to you? I had the bloody bot team. I wasn't against the bots, I was the only person with them.

[WOLFD]
Members
4,011 posts
6,449 battles
3 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Are you blind or need someone to explain it to you? I had the bloody bot team. I wasn't against the bots, I was the only person with them.

Ok. So no Tier 10 players queued except you. Again, how is this WGs fault? Again, what exactly are you complaining about that is not working as described and intended?

Edited by Harathan
  • Meh 2

[ARGSY]
Members
31,104 posts
29,413 battles
1 hour ago, Harathan said:

Why do you think CV players should not be allowed to have fun in a particular battle mode, Bandi?

Come on, Harathan - you've been on the forums long enough to know the answer to that question. :Smile_trollface:

[WOLFD]
Members
4,011 posts
6,449 battles
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Come on, Harathan - you've been on the forums long enough to know the answer to that question. :Smile_trollface:

I do, but I have to be careful around Bandi lest I end up being accused of harassment again for pointing out what he's actually saying, i.e. people should only be able to enjoy playing WoWs in a way he approves of.

Edited by Harathan
  • Cool 2

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
10,994 battles
19 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

The ideal and greatly preferable would be no exclusion signs, whatsoever. But then again, that would presume the devs actually doing their jobs. 

And you are mistaken, there is no limit in that regard, in Ranked.

[WOLFD]
Members
4,011 posts
6,449 battles
42 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

Right. It's just forcing rules upon them about how they're allowed to enjoy the game. Players are allowed to want to play a class WG included in the game and they're allowed to play it in whatever game mode they choose, barring any hardcoded restrictions.

Edited by Harathan
  • Cool 1

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
10,994 battles

For those who don't  know Harathan and I have a little history.

I don't mind having discussions, I don't mind having debates ( I love those), but when in the end,  I extend my hand  and  I get spit on my face in return ......it is a clear sign that I'm discussing with the wrong person, for whatever reason. 

I don't mind if somebody has strong feelings on a subject.....it is human, understandable and perfectly normal. But "muh I want stuff":... doesn't cut if in a discussion among equals. At least for me.

• Boring 1

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
10,994 battles
36 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If it would be just one forum....it would rosy and cozy. Sadly its not.

Members
167 posts
470 battles
55 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Essentially 9v1.

Wow. OMG @_GreyBeard_ , that's pretty funny/bad...

At least you can play. My highest ship is Tier VI.

I had a rental Tier VIII BB last week and it was super fun, but it's not meant to be... If I could, I'd give you my Battle Tokens.

[WOLFD]
Members
4,011 posts
6,449 battles
13 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

If it would be just one forum....it would rosy and cozy. Sadly its not.

Here's a thought, you could always stop trying to demonize players who choose to play as a specific ship type. Like you're doing with this thread, for example.