You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TRevWhite

Quick Question: Graf Spee

8 comments in this topic

[TOD]
Members
188 posts
3,781 battles

I cannot find the answer. I apologize. It's out there somewhere but I cannot find it.

Can we expect the cruiser Admiral Graf Spee to make a return? Is it gone for good?

Thank you in advance!

[-AF-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,309 posts
16,049 battles

Admiral Graf Spee was removed with the 0.10.5 update

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Admiral_Graf_Spee

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-0105-the-grand-battle/#content

"When Update 0.10.5 goes live, VI Erich Loewenhardt, VII Nelson, VI T-61, VII Haida, VII Z-39, VIII Asashio, VI Admiral Graf Spee, and VIII Lenin will cease to be available. The ships will be taken out of the game due to a combination of their popularity and combat efficiency. To maintain the proper level of ship diversity within teams, these ships will cease to be available to obtain for an indefinite period of time, but they may return in future."

• Thanks 2

[WOLFC]
Members
6,061 posts
17,186 battles
29 minutes ago, TRevWhite said:

I cannot find the answer. I apologize. It's out there somewhere but I cannot find it.

Can we expect the cruiser Admiral Graf Spee to make a return? Is it gone for good?

Thank you in advance!

The only such ship that WG has brought back for a regular release (not in containers, etc.) has been Missouri. However, that was still a limited time event that required a grind to purchase her without going through random bundles and MO’s reason for removal was her economy (which was fixed) rather than her combat efficiency. So, while possible, Graf Spee is unlikely to return.

That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if we eventually see Deutschland in the tech tree (probably tier VII) as the first ship in a German cruiser split of CBs/Panzerschiffe.

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

I hadn't realized it was gone, it should still be in the Christmas crates but I get that's not the best option lol.

[PVE]
Members
12,057 posts
21,291 battles

Well if WG does another HSF collaboration it might be available. I never could make Graf Spee work.

[TOD]
Members
188 posts
3,781 battles
10 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if we eventually see Deutschland in the tech tree (probably tier VII) as the first ship in a German cruiser split of CBs/Panzerschiffe.

You expect a KM cruiser split in the future? While that would thrill me, it seems as if it would be difficult to do.

[WOLFC]
Members
6,061 posts
17,186 battles
17 minutes ago, TRevWhite said:

You expect a KM cruiser split in the future? While that would thrill me, it seems as if it would be difficult to do.

Not really. The Dutch cruiser line already set the stage for tech tree CBs (large cruisers), and in many ways Graf Spee served as the prototype for such ships in game. A German cruiser line is also likely to be the next line we see from that nation, as they already have two lines of DDs and BBs.

Tier VII: Deutschland, Graf Spee’s older sister. Take Spee, buff the gunnery slightly and give her 25mm plating like Yorck.

Tier VIII: D-class (laid down, cancelled). Essentially a bigger, better protected Deutschland with the same main armament. Buff the accuracy/ROF to compensate for being a tier higher and add 27mm plating like other tier VIII+ German heavy cruisers.

Tier IX: Upgraded D-class proposal that was ultimately rejected in favor of the Scharnhorsts. In basic terms it’s the preceding D-class with an extra turret, so 3x3 283mm armament.

Tier X: WG creation with either 12 283mm guns in four turrets, or a 9x305mm armament using guns similar to those of Agir or Odin.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Thanks 1