9,916 battles

is it just me or is the link broken? edit* nevermind

Edited by lolpip

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,535 posts
29,670 battles

Well there it is. Black is as good as worthless now with her radar duration nerf...

Shame, shame!

• Meh 4

[WOLFC]
Members
6,103 posts
17,241 battles

I’ll call it now: Black will be re-released this July to accompany the USN DD model update. Maybe we’ll even have to complete a grind for the privilege of obtaining her!

Also, I find it amusing the FdG and GK/Preussen will now have better hydro than their CC counterparts.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,706 posts
16,775 battles

Thank God for the Nerf to audacious. Like, that's what everyone has been saying for years, "Audacious is too good."

• Funny 3
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,887 posts
17,709 battles
37 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Well there it is. Black is as good as worthless now with her radar duration nerf...

Shame, shame!

Oh no, anyway, it's not like there isn't better radar DDs than Black

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,887 posts
17,709 battles

Also, don't get too excited on those new German BB nerfs, at least to the secondarys, because if you do....... I'm going take your torpillow and every cookie you have

Edited by tcbaker777

[SOUS]
Members
770 posts
6,651 battles

So, people bid on a tier 10 ship and the people who won it, get slapped in the face by you nerfing it, after you monetize it, same old WG.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 3

[BONKY]
Members
2,285 posts
26,832 battles

German BCs. Kind of expected those.

Black: still Gonna be good

Nakhimov: slightly less dumpstering

Henri: starting to realize two yrs later how badly you killed that thing

Acceleration: ah so if those CVs are actually found you might actually have a chance to shoot at them

[5IN]
Members
209 posts
3,848 battles
1 hour ago, Ahskance said:

Hello, Captains!

A new DevBlog has been posted here: https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/270

Please leave any feedback you have here <3

Thank you!

Regarding the German battlecruisers - can you please check if the balance depatment used data from the period when the secondary gun mounts and torpedo launchers became breakable again, or if they used skewed data due to the fact that for most of the time after these ships became available for all players these modules were invulnerable due to a bug?

• Thanks 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,082 posts
29,342 battles
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

Oh no, anyway, it's not like there isn't better radar DDs than Black

Black is still the only one I can think of which has both radar AND smoke. 

I mean... if you're cool with the smokeless radar DD life, more power to you. But for those who want both on a destroyer, I'm pretty sure Black still is/was the only game in town.

The reduction is from 22 to 19 seconds, which is... what? One salvo from Black's gun armament?

As much to the point, the fact that a radared target doesn't render to colleagues for the first six seconds cuts down team fire duration from 15 to 12 seconds. Start looking at the cycle times of cruiser guns. There's going to be a few that probably don't get a second salvo off in that time, even assuming they have a valid shot the instant the target renders, and quite a few light cruisers which aren't Smolensk that won't get a third.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 3

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles

I knew Schlieffen would get a nerf, I'm so glad that I got to play him for a while before the nerf. Hopefully it won't be as bad as Venezia was pre-nerf, where it got nerf hammered literally the day before I finished the Brindisi grind.

[1984]
Members
4,989 posts
26,467 battles

Schlieffen nerf - booooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

what’s wrong with a (single) bb in the entire game that can actually fight back against dds? Any dd that gets spotted should be able to get punished, they were already buffed to be resistant to bb ap shells. The Schleif already has a weak armor scheme so once spotted by the dd it is already subject to reprisal and dont forget it was marketed as a brawling bb. Taking away it’s defining feature is wrong.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
698 posts
51 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

And the dismemberment of USS Black begins. :Smile_smile:

I guess i was not the only one thinking that...
9616477_WoW011meme.thumb.jpg.44d3d5345c41e520a59ed902b17e1ef6.jpg

[-TKS-]
Members
1,706 posts
16,775 battles
3 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

German BCs. Kind of expected those.

Black: still Gonna be good

Nakhimov: slightly less dumpstering

Henri: starting to realize two yrs later how badly you killed that thing

Acceleration: ah so if those CVs are actually found you might actually have a chance to shoot at them

Yeah, everyone talks about how CVs are so fast. That's certainly the biggest issue with CVs

[PAT]
Members
1,258 posts
15,083 battles
1 hour ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Yeah, everyone talks about how CVs are so fast. That's certainly the biggest issue with CVs

I mean, it is an issue.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,706 posts
16,775 battles
36 minutes ago, SuperSSL said:

I mean, it is an issue.

I can't agree with that lol. If a player can't hit the side of a barn, don't shoot the broadside of a CV. Unifying the speeds of carriers isn't an issue. Why aren't all BBs, CAs, and DDs the same speed..

[PAT]
Members
1,258 posts
15,083 battles
Just now, Merc_R_Us said:

I can't agree with that lol. If a player can't hit the side of a barn, don't shoot the broadside of a CV. Unifying the speeds of carriers isn't an issue. Why aren't all BBs, CAs, and DDs the same speed..

They didn't unify the speed, though. They unified the time  to max power for the engine.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,706 posts
16,775 battles
3 minutes ago, SuperSSL said:

They didn't unify the speed, though. They unified the time  to max power for the engine.

That's what I meant. The idea of unifying the time to max power for the engine, why is that necessary.. Had to be for simplicity sake in coding but that's just lazy.

[PAT]
Members
1,258 posts
15,083 battles
Just now, Merc_R_Us said:

That's what I meant. The idea of unifying the time to max power for the engine, why is that necessary.. Had to be for simplicity sake in coding but that's just lazy.

Yes, doing work to correct a discrepancy is "lazy". Strong argument.

These values are already unified for the vast majority of all units in the game.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,342 posts
9,621 battles
5 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I knew Schlieffen would get a nerf, I'm so glad that I got to play him for a while before the nerf. Hopefully it won't be as bad as Venezia was pre-nerf, where it got nerf hammered literally the day before I finished the Brindisi grind.

Her.  Ships are "her".

Bismarck's captain was a weirdo who insisted Bismarck had to be a "him" because no lady could be that powerful.  That was not the normal German perspective on the gendering of ships.

• Meh 1

Members
152 posts
2,204 battles

The blog mentions Fenyang's HE to also be affected by change, but only list the change to AP.

What change is being applied to HE?

Members
2,100 posts

wows stated they will nerf" hydro consumables parameters" on the  Schlieffen  >>> range<<< ...what about the duration of this consumable?? staying same or getting the bat?

Edited by arch4random
no reason