You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

The fate of Pan-Asian Tokens?

34 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,983 posts
5,224 battles

@Ahskance  I have about 3000 PA tokes.  There's no realistic way I'll get enough to buy a ship, so what to do with them?  I'm not motivated to slough 2000 on signals and camos -- I have enough of those already.  I could buy the 7500 Cr cashboxes, but apparently the quantity of those is limited to 100.

So, since there's nothing else to buy, can I buy multiple 100s of cashboxes?  Or will the tokes convert to cash at 75 Cr per at the end of the event?

Small tokes.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles

Good question.

Got the mission ship, but my motivation for anything else is somewhat lacking; especially considering all the negative press the Dido clone has had.

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,576 posts
17,526 battles

Every event-currency-of-the-month* has converted to credits at the end of the event. Same conversion rate as for the credit bundle in the armory.

*Except the portal tokens (community points) and t10 Christmas tokens (small Santa crates)

• Cool 1

[SOUS]
Members
768 posts
6,624 battles

It actually tells you in the pan-asian article what happens to them at of the event, just have to read.

• Meh 2

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,983 posts
5,224 battles
18 minutes ago, Itsj_p said:

It actually tells you in the pan-asian article what happens to them at of the event, just have to read.

Gee, thanks.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

Credits. Sold for credits.

In other words I am not participating in Pan Asian right now. I consider China a pending military rival with whom we will have a conflict at some point. If these were happier times, certainly.

The reason for in game armory decision to dump the tokens is really simple. The first 2000 they demand as a bundle only buys like 8 signals or something. Not worth it. The rest of the ships will eventually hit the tech tree for free to grind in about 9 weeks give or take. I cannot be bothered with this event. I probably dumped 10,000 tokens so far into the credits at 1 to 7500.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,522 battles
59 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

@Ahskance  I have about 3000 PA tokes.  There's no realistic way I'll get enough to buy a ship, so what to do with them?  I'm not motivated to slough 2000 on signals and camos -- I have enough of those already.  I could buy the 7500 Cr cashboxes, but apparently the quantity of those is limited to 100.

So, since there's nothing else to buy, can I buy multiple 100s of cashboxes?  Or will the tokes convert to cash at 75 Cr per at the end of the event?

Small tokes.

According to a well done thread by @RainbowFartingUnicorn...

You can earn up to 15,000 tokens by simply completing the in-game Missions which finish unlocking in 5 days.  You should be able to buy the Rahmat and the permacamo for Tier 7 Chumphon.  You'll get the Tier 5 and 7 from doing the Missions, too.

If you don't want to buy the Tier 7 Permacamo then... I guess just hold onto the Tokens?  Typically there's a form of Credit exchange value after the event ends, though I don't have the information in front of me to be able to quote.

Members
394 posts
31,398 battles

Per the article, it says:   With the release of Update 0.11.2, Pan-Asian Tokens will be converted into Credits at the rate of 1: 750 silver

• Thanks 3

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,983 posts
5,224 battles
15 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Can’t ever have to many exchange credits

or det flags…

Det flags I have out the wazoo.  This great 200% week has caused much ship buying and outfitting so Credits are dwindling.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,983 posts
5,224 battles
1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

Credits. Sold for credits.

In other words I am not participating in Pan Asian right now. I consider China a pending military rival with whom we will have a conflict at some point. If these were happier times, certainly.

The reason for in game armory decision to dump the tokens is really simple. The first 2000 they demand as a bundle only buys like 8 signals or something. Not worth it. The rest of the ships will eventually hit the tech tree for free to grind in about 9 weeks give or take. I cannot be bothered with this event. I probably dumped 10,000 tokens so far into the credits at 1 to 7500.

First bundle is actually more than that, something like 30 or 40.  But yeah, a 2000 toke soak-off.

Did you buy multiple hundreds of the cashboxen? 

Boxen.  Plural like oxen.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,847 posts
30,536 battles

With the announcement of the changes to camouflage and their bonuses, I am going to pass on spending anything on the permanent camos until the details are released. I would advise anyone trying to decide whether to buy permanent camos for tech tree ships using doubloons, cash, tokens, resources, etc, to put a hold on those purchases until Wargaming gives us the specifics on this new change. That information is especially important for tier 9 and 10 ships where the reduction in service costs and bump to credit earnings, makes playing those tiers economically feasible. 

With the Pan Asian tokens, going to get the tier 6 ship and call it good then use the rest for credits. 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,983 posts
5,224 battles
17 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

That information is especially important for tier 9 and 10 ships

They could fix that by halving the service cost, but then where would be incentive to spend on permacamo?  So they'd sell a permanent cost discount at the current price of the permacamo?

18 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

With the Pan Asian tokens, going to get the tier 6 ship and call it good then use the rest for credits.

I would too, but I don't see me acquiring 7500 tokens.  Oh well.  Not like I need another ship, though the T9 and 10s sound interesting.

[WOLFH]
Members
1,527 posts
23 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I would too, but I don't see me acquiring 7500 tokens.  Oh well.  Not like I need another ship, though the T9 and 10s sound interesting.

Get up to 14K tokens from PA missions and up to 3K more tokens available at 1:1 exchange for Community tokens:

• Level 1 - 2K tokens
  • Level 2 - 3K tokens + T5 Chungking
  • Level 3 - 4K tokens
  • Level 4 - 5K tokens + T7 Chumphon

Spend 13K tokens on the gatekeeper bundle, the T6 cruiser and the T7 permacamo:

• 2K tokens = 25 flags + 5 camos
  • 5.5K tokens = T6 Rahmat
  • 5.5K tokens = T7 permacamo

If you don't want to go through all of the missions, finish the Level 3 missions and forget the T7 permacamo or even stop after the Level 2 missions and spend some Community tokens to cover the difference (that's what I did).

Edited by Bill1923
  • Thanks 2

[TMA]
Members
14 posts
On 2/1/2022 at 10:11 PM, Njanear said:

Per the article, it says:   With the release of Update 0.11.2, Pan-Asian Tokens will be converted into Credits at the rate of 1: 750 silver

I could not find this text in the update summary.  Can you post a link?

[WOLFH]
Members
1,527 posts
On 2/2/2022 at 10:19 PM, Bill1923 said:

Spend 13K tokens on the gatekeeper bundle, the T6 cruiser and the T7 permacamo.

If you don't want to go through all of the missions, finish the Level 3 missions and forget the T7 permacamo or even stop after the Level 2 missions and spend some Community tokens to cover the difference (that's what I did).

As previously stated, I finished the Level 2 missions and tossed in a few Community tokens to get the T6 cruiser because I knew I wouldn't come close to getting enough PA tokens for anything else.

Of course, I passed the magic number to get the T7 permacamo last night.

Edited by Bill1923

Beta Testers
420 posts
11,284 battles

Why even worry about completing these missions? 

I know they aren't hard, but isn't this what free xp is for? It's how I'll get these ships, if I ever bother. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,847 posts
30,536 battles
2 hours ago, Croda said:

Why even worry about completing these missions? 

I know they aren't hard, but isn't this what free xp is for? It's how I'll get these ships, if I ever bother. 

Well because you get the ships fully upgraded and it costs you zero credits. I think you get a free captain too, maybe a port slot (not sure) so completing the missions is probably superior than spending FXP. 

Members
1,872 posts
On 2/2/2022 at 2:36 AM, iDuckman said:

you can, you can just type in 100 in the box when you get the boxes. no need to click the plus sign, and you can get more than 100 in total. Just bought 400 of those in about 20s. Or you just wait for the event to end, as usual.

[TORCH]
Members
911 posts
25,957 battles
On 2/1/2022 at 8:51 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

Good question.

Got the mission ship, but my motivation for anything else is somewhat lacking; especially considering all the negative press the Dido clone has had.

If you mean Rahmat...Yeah, I've seen a few negative comments about the ship.  I also have the ship, and my advice, fwiw, is to ignore those negative comments and go get her.  She's actually pretty good - in better hands than mine, VERY good.  Take a look at her stats.  Last I looked, she was one of the top cruisers in her tier, in both average damage and win rate.

[WOLFH]
Members
1,527 posts

Never say never.

As previously stated on 2/2, I finished the Level 2 missions and tossed in a few Community tokens to get the T6 cruiser because I knew I wouldn't come close to getting enough PA tokens for anything else.

Of course, I passed the magic number to get the T7 permacamo from Level 3 on 2/11.

Then I saw the notice that the PA Cruisers event ends when patch 11.1 drops on 2/16, so I looked to see how ridiculously far I was away from being able to finish Level 4.  Hmmmm ... it was doable, so I parked in front of the computer for a few hours and got the T7 cruiser!

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,983 posts
5,224 battles
2 hours ago, Bill1923 said:

Then I saw the notice that the PA Cruisers event ends when patch 11.1 drops on 2/16,

Fake news from somewhere.  0.11.1 is subtitled 'Pan Asian Cruisers, Pt. 2'. It would be strange if missions and tokens went away...

[WOLFH]
Members
1,527 posts
57 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Fake news from somewhere.  0.11.1 is subtitled 'Pan Asian Cruisers, Pt. 2'. It would be strange if missions and tokens went away...

Stranger things happen.

What I saw was a notice that the Pan Asian Cruisers Pt. 1 missions were going away with the drop of 0.11.1.

238385045_ScreenCap02-16-22.PNG.5d9c8f3cd79cb28d347ad62687416a4f.PNG

Tokens can be spent through the end of 0.11.1, but additional tokens will only be available from bundles during 0.11.1.

36534399_ScreenCap02-16-22001.PNG.d4f55b554ad9fdce8de110da56e4bdb8.PNG

Edited by Bill1923
  • Thanks 1

[LRM]
Members
1,797 posts
18,043 battles
On 2/1/2022 at 10:36 PM, iDuckman said:

So, since there's nothing else to buy, can I buy multiple 100s of cashboxes?  Or will the tokes convert to cash at 75 Cr per at the end of the event?Small tokes

you convert 3000 communist tokens into asian tokens, then buy 4 boxes for dubs (+2400 PA tokens), that is enough to buy asian t8 permacamo, with 400 PA remaining which u convert to whatever.

There is even small chance to get a T9 (Jinan?) in the process.

Edited by crazyrom