You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
rustydawg

Skin name for the new Yorktown!

8 comments in this topic

[RSDWG]
Members
657 posts
14,936 battles

The new skin for the USS Yorktown CV-5 is called ASA026_Yorktown_1945_Hull/DeckHouse/Bulge.a .dds

The Yorktown CV-5 was sunk in the summer of 1942. I wonder are they going to make a what-if version with 1945 weapons and airplanes?

I would think if it has 1942 weapons, ie...aaa and bomb loads etc., it would be a T-6!

The skin is identical to the Enterprise CV-6.

[ICEY]
Volunteer Moderator
486 posts

The datamined model has 40 mm Bofors which seems to suggest that this is a theoretical refit of Yorktown, much like Enterprise.

[WOLFC]
Members
6,103 posts
17,241 battles

Yorktown is going to be a tech tree ship, so she represents the Yorktown-class, not Yorktown herself. Thus, her having Enterprise’s late-war refit is perfectly reasonable. This is nothing new, and there’s another very obvious example in the current USN CV tree: Lexington is actually modeled after Saratoga’s refit.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
16,461 posts
10,200 battles
2 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Yorktown is going to be a tech tree ship,

Inquiring minds wonder why it wasn't hinted in the Roadmap... the next 3 TT lines are already announced with hints of something Spain down the line too... where are the new US TT CVs gonna fit?

Why was Yorktown revealed at the same time that the other 3 CVs that will be coming live very soon? 

Something does not add up.

[WOLFC]
Members
6,103 posts
17,241 battles
22 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Inquiring minds wonder why it wasn't hinted in the Roadmap... the next 3 TT lines are already announced with hints of something Spain down the line too... where are the new US TT CVs gonna fit?

Why was Yorktown revealed at the same time that the other 3 CVs that will be coming live very soon? 

Something does not add up.

I don’t believe the roadmap goes beyond 6 months or so. We have Italian DDs and French cruisers coming in the spring, and then UK CCs in the summer. No details were provided beyond that, so it is very likely USN CVs will be coming in the fall/winter. Not only would that be about the time we’d expect a new CV line in the rotation, we’d also be overdue for a USN line (the USN BB line dropped in late 2020).

Personally, I’m hoping WG pulls out all the stops and gives us both USN and IJN CVs, because the IJN really needs a new tech tree.

• Cool 1

[NOKAP]
Members
1,059 posts
25,582 battles

On the stream they said they'd announce something on the US line in July if I recall correctly.

[SALVO]
Members
16,461 posts
10,200 battles
21 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I don’t believe the roadmap goes beyond 6 months or so. We have Italian DDs and French cruisers coming in the spring, and then UK CCs in the summer. No details were provided beyond that, so it is very likely USN CVs will be coming in the fall/winter. Not only would that be about the time we’d expect a new CV line in the rotation, we’d also be overdue for a USN line (the USN BB line dropped in late 2020).

I just find it really odd they leaked info on Yorktown so early... even more considering the other 3 revealed CVs are coming live next patch. It is weird.

24 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Personally, I’m hoping WG pulls out all the stops and gives us both USN and IJN CVs, because the IJN really needs a new tech tree.

That would be really cool

[RSDWG]
Members
657 posts
14,936 battles

In response to Admiral_Bingo and Nevermore135, I'll make a fictional CV-5 skin as the Yorktown would have looked like if it survived. I like measure 21 Sea Blue gray overall. It will have a 5 on the flight deck like the Enterprise has a 6. 

They should change the Lexington to Saratoga, and maybe make a 1930's Lex as t-6, but they won't....LOL!