Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Stuby5600

Need some RB clarification

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

116
[SIAS]
Members
29 posts
6,299 battles

If I was to reset a line today and free exp my way to tier 10, how many points would I get? I still need to play the ships right?

What's the most optimal way to do this. 

And I know I just missed the last season I just wasn't sure how to do things.

 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,408
[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,568 posts
17,503 battles
18 minutes ago, Stuby5600 said:

If I was to reset a line today and free exp my way to tier 10, how many points would I get?

10,200 per line (8,000 for carrier lines), not counting the 2x bonus every three months or the clan base bonus.

20 minutes ago, Stuby5600 said:

I still need to play the ships right?

Yes, you'll still need to play the ship (and get a win or 300 bxp) to actually earn the RB points on them.

21 minutes ago, Stuby5600 said:

What's the most optimal way to do this.

If you're using fxp, the optimal way is to fxp and reset the Harugumo line. It's the cheapest 'full' (aka non-CV) line at ~676,000 from t1 to t10. Once you unlock Harugumo, you'll reset the line, fxp back up to Harugumo (but don't purchase or play any of the ships), and then reset again. Ideally you'd do it to stack the seasonal 2x bonuses.

If I'm resetting a line for fxp, I'll typically do the first reset a day or two before the end of the season and then fxp/reset/fxp right at the start of the next season. That way I'm down those ships for the least amount of time in case I want to use them for missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,891
[CO-OP]
Members
5,194 posts
43,167 battles
53 minutes ago, Stuby5600 said:

If I was to reset a line today and free exp my way to tier 10, how many points would I get? I still need to play the ships right?

What's the most optimal way to do this. 

And I know I just missed the last season I just wasn't sure how to do things.

 

If this is your first reset of the season, you'd get 20,400 (10.2K x2)

You need to play them and either win or get a minimum of 300 base XP on t5-10.

If you're using FXP for lines, the IJN gunboat destroyers are cheapest.  If you don't have that one here is the fitting tool to help you calculate which is cheapest:

WoWS Fitting Tool (wowsft.com)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[SIAS]
Members
29 posts
6,299 battles
1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

If I'm resetting a line for fxp, I'll typically do the first reset a day or two before the end of the season and then fxp/reset/fxp right at the start of the next season. That way I'm down those ships for the least amount of time in case I want to use them for missions.

Do I still have time to do this or did I miss it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
151
[KCWY1]
Members
304 posts
11,352 battles
42 minutes ago, Stuby5600 said:

Do I still have time to do this or did I miss it?

The new season starts in four days, if I remember correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,891
[CO-OP]
Members
5,194 posts
43,167 battles
1 hour ago, Stuby5600 said:

Do I still have time to do this or did I miss it?

You've got about a week.  This season ends on the 9th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[SIAS]
Members
29 posts
6,299 battles

So all I need to do is reset the Harugumo line, free exp to tier 10, don't buy anything, then reset again once the reset occurs; I'll get 40,800 points?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
846
[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,413 posts
38,032 battles
1 hour ago, Stuby5600 said:

So all I need to do is reset the Harugumo line, free exp to tier 10, don't buy anything, then reset again once the reset occurs; I'll get 40,800 points?

Yes.  Here is the summary of how to do this:

Wait until near the end of a 2x period (like right now). Then reset the line a day or two before and free xp down the line all the way to Tier X but do not buy any of the ships.  Wait until the 2x shows up again and then reset that same line for another 2x modifier. Then grind down the line. This strategy mostly saves credits in the long run. But having 40,800 RB after this for one grind is fairly rewarding.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[SIAS]
Members
29 posts
6,299 battles
2 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

Yes.  Here is the summary of how to do this:

Wait until near the end of a 2x period (like right now). Then reset the line a day or two before and free xp down the line all the way to Tier X but do not buy any of the ships.  Wait until the 2x shows up again and then reset that same line for another 2x modifier. Then grind down the line. This strategy mostly saves credits in the long run. But having 40,800 RB after this for one grind is fairly rewarding.

 

Makes sense now. Thanks a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
391 posts
31,330 battles
4 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

You've got about a week.  This season ends on the 9th.

According to the Tech Tree, it resets in 4 days as of today.  Anyone waiting until the 9th will miss the boat. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,891
[CO-OP]
Members
5,194 posts
43,167 battles
3 minutes ago, Njanear said:

According to the Tech Tree, it resets in 4 days as of today.  Anyone waiting until the 9th will miss the boat. ;)

wiki has it listed as the 9th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
489
[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,938 posts
27,719 battles
16 hours ago, Stuby5600 said:

So all I need to do is reset the Harugumo line, free exp to tier 10, don't buy anything, then reset again once the reset occurs; I'll get 40,800 points?

Yes, after the second reset, research and play each and get first win or 300 base xp and get your 40,000 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
391 posts
31,330 battles
13 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

wiki has it listed as the 9th.

But for full disclosure, the wiki also has the (est.) behind it (see below), indicating that was the estimated date at the time it was entered. ;)   I would personally take a ticking counter in the actual game over whatever the Wiki shows. :)  I reset mine last night just to be safe. 

 

Seasons

Each Research Bureau season lasts three months.[8] In each season, the first line reset becomes eligible for double (2x) Research Points Research Points when the Tiers V-X ships in the line are played to a win. Season end dates may be viewed by scrolling to the bottom of the tech-tree.

The following dates are for the North American server (European dates are 1 day later):

  • Season 7 - 13 Feb. 2021 to 14 May 2021

  • Season 8 - 15 May 2021 to 9 Aug. 2021

  • Season 9 - 10 Aug. 2021 to 8 Nov. 2021

  • Season 10 - 9 Nov. 2021 to 9 Feb. 2022 (est.)


Note that the 2x season bonus does not depend on the first line reset being unlocked or played first. The second line reset may be completed and played first, but it will earn only the base Research Points.

Regrinds do not need to be completed within a specific season to obtain the 2x RP bonus.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×