You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cd169

How do you Dive Bomber?

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
166 posts
12 battles

I'm having trouble doing much damage with my dive bombers.  Anyone using them, or is everyone just grinding through them to get torpedo bombers?

[KIA-T]
Beta Testers
1,857 posts
6,486 battles

How to use dive bombers?  They are pretty much useless aside from trying to get BB's to use their damage control party of nimble destroyers.  I would use them before or after a torp drop on a BB to try and cause lasting flooding or fires.

[FROGS]
[FROGS]
Beta Testers
339 posts
2,016 battles

I hit with them all the time, damage seems pretty weak, however the flooding and fires can DOT which can be significant, especially if they have already popped repairs for the torp wave/waves.

Also just like torps they need to be lined up for the best chance of hit.

When you target your object of destruction use the bomb  icon on the target circle around your target to line up the oval area to the length of the boat.

The oval represents the area the bombs will fall in.

Beta Testers
454 posts
1,484 battles

Is there an advantage in using manuel db drops over auto like there is in torpedo bombers or are auto db drops no more or less damaging than manuel drops?

Edited by Elias129

[FROGS]
[FROGS]
Beta Testers
339 posts
2,016 battles

Is there an advantage in using manuel db drops over auto like there is in torpedo bombers or are auto db drops no more or less damaging than manuel drops?

Good Question, I have never tried it .

I'll try that tonight.

[FROGS]
[FROGS]
Beta Testers
339 posts
2,016 battles

Well, after a few runs with manual drop DB on Saipan CV.

1. The targeting oval is smaller about half the size.

2. I can confirm it will get more hits on target and do more initial dmg.

3. The most damage still comes from the DOT burns , fires and flooding. 

The problem is that hitting with these on manual drop is fairly difficult for me, It fixes the "small oval target area" in an area so you have to lead and get the angle good to land it just right on a moving target. The positives of this are that most players in these rounds seem to regard  the DB as no threat and generally don't try to evade. At least nothing like they do when torps are inbound.  

Maybe others will fare better.