Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Aurora_7

Any scale model builders?

7 comments in this topic

[AK-49]
Members
644 posts
13,908 battles

As in the physical kind?

In the hierarchy of model builders I am a lowly 'Kit Assembler' so no scratch-building but I find I'm tempting to try for some of my favorite ships. I'd really  like a 1/350 Rebublique. 

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,436 battles

I build models but I switched to Cobi because I don't have hours upon hours to paint and detail anymore.

[CVA16]
Members
8,874 posts
27,090 battles

Used to be. Plastic kits and scratch built. Looking back, I wasn't very good compared to what I see others put out.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
1,499 posts
8,467 battles

Used to be once upon a time. Did a lot of custom builds, some dioramas and got pretty good with an airbrush. Went through a breakup and all my tools 'got lost'. Never picked it back up. I do the Metal Earth type foldable sheet models now.

[N1701]
Members
10 posts
13,274 battles

I am getting back into it.  My 1/200 Trumpeter Bismarck with detail sets arrive tomorrow.  It is over 48 inches long and should only take me a couple of years to build…

• Cool 1

[REKTD]
Members
1,216 posts
15,730 battles

Many years ago I was building them, and not very well. Last few years I have started up again, first project was R.M. Pola in 1/350 (HobbyBoss kit). I discovered I am pretty good, as that kit needed me to custom make the tripod mast. The key was patience - in my earlier years the goals were see it finished and use every part provided. Now I am able to visualize how exactly I want it to look, and step by step get it there.

I recently also found some of my built model jets from back in the day. “Refitting” them with new paint and decals has been tremendous fun.

The most fun is putting paint and weathering on, so I have decided to soon start another 1/350 project. I have acquired many kits over the years. Adding a WoWS spin, I may take liberty with some of the paint schemes - I really like some of the pre-WWI paint schemes. Curious to see how they would look on a newer ship!

Edited by SuperComm4

Sign in to follow this