Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Aurora_7

I need a tachyon particles scanner

22 comments in this topic

[AK-49]
Members
644 posts
13,908 battles

Trekkers will get this.

I've had visibility discussions here before. I know they're well thought out calculations based on conditions in a particular match, ship types and all but it seems it's happening more and more that when I wait for all guns to be loaded and all turrets aligned my target winks out of existence. 

Just a whine, not a real observation. I just find myself yelling 'Freak'n Bird-of-Preys!'.

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,436 battles

You can shoot them when they're invisible. It won't be accurate, but it will be effective if it hits.

[CVA16]
Members
8,874 posts
27,090 battles

Could be the expiration of the gun bloom on ships with reloads over 20 seconds.

But yes it always seems to happen 2 seconds before your guns load. Just like targets often get sunk half a second after you hit the fire button sending a wasted salvo into the wreck.

[DMGS]
Members
673 posts
9,521 battles

Well you can modify your photon torpedoes to be emission seeking and send it right up a DD's tailpipe. Alternatively form a tachyon detection grid with your team for detection of cloaked ships. :cap_look:

What's that? You mean mid-20th century naval warfare?

:fish_book: Uh... hydro and radar is all we got there. It's all she's got, captain. :fish_nerv:

[BWC]
Beta Testers
3,432 posts
9,982 battles

Players are just getting better at knowing when to go dark when they see you targeting them.  That's part of gaining experience in the game, especially in smaller ships that have to rely on the concealment system to replace the armor they don't have.

[AK-49]
Members
644 posts
13,908 battles
55 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

You can shoot them when they're invisible. It won't be accurate, but it will be effective if it hits.

Yeah, sometimes I get lucky. Literally 'hit or miss'.

[AK-49]
Members
644 posts
13,908 battles
21 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

Players are just getting better at knowing when to go dark when they see you targeting them.  That's part of gaining experience in the game, especially in smaller ships that have to rely on the concealment system to replace the armor they don't have.

I'll admit I got a little better at this at predicting where a target might be after it's gone cloaked. I hit more like that than I used to.

[-AFK-]
Members
1,502 posts
18,860 battles
1 hour ago, Aurora_7 said:

Trekkers will get this.

I've had visibility discussions here before. I know they're well thought out calculations based on conditions in a particular match, ship types and all but it seems it's happening more and more that when I wait for all guns to be loaded and all turrets aligned my target winks out of existence. 

Just a whine, not a real observation. I just find myself yelling 'Freak'n Bird-of-Preys!'.

LOL 

Captain, She's decloaking! 

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

As a Z52 when incoming DD's pop smoke and go invisible, I aim at the closest white smoke circle advancing on me. As soon I get explosions, I add half a notch and keep shooting dropping 50 meters every reload. As long the explosions continue shes coming in. Eventually detected again.

Thats the stupid bot for you.

Even better that DD has laid a fresh highway of smoke straight to the Bot big stuff coming on. Torp harvest time. Whoo hoo.

Humans on the other hand, you dont shoot yet and you dont stay in that smoke. It gets you dead.

What gets me into hysterical tear flowing laughter is the big obese Vermont snuggling up to my DD in the big smoke. Then fires one time.... I know by now to hit boost and get the hell out of there because everyone on red just fired.

Edited by xHeavy

[AK-49]
Members
644 posts
13,908 battles
39 minutes ago, 70869413 said:

But that can't detect Minovsky particles

Heh. The problem I face every time in my Salamis.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles

Hmmm.... I think I have one in the back.....

[TO07]
Members
4,302 posts
31,695 battles
2 hours ago, Aurora_7 said:

Trekkers will get this.

Well my cloaking system on my DD works fine and I am usually able to slip away freely during combat

Romulan Stormhawk Cloaking on Make a GIF

• Thanks 1

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

Yes, I have a bit of Trek. Watched the original Series in Black and White episodes all the way through. Just do not whatever you do waste two hours with the first Star Trek Film. And if any of them is worth keeping it has to be the Wrath of Khan.

Members
6,889 posts
14,874 battles
1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

Just do not whatever you do waste two hours with the first Star Trek Film

Hey, HEy, HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY!  I do like TMP - the score is incredible and the shot of the Enterprise in space dock raises the hair on my arms and neck.  It is a mess - they didn't have time to edit the movie like it needed to be done but when the film is delivered for the world premiere and it is still wet...  Director's cut is a lot better but I do love my TMP.

4 hours ago, Aurora_7 said:

all turrets aligned my target winks out of existence. 

It would always happen to me when I zoomed in and out.  Zoom in, gone, zoom out, back again - rinse a repeat 2-3 more times...  Infuriating to say the least.

• Cool 2

[AK-49]
Members
644 posts
13,908 battles
1 hour ago, CylonRed said:

It would always happen to me when I zoomed in and out.  Zoom in, gone, zoom out, back again - rinse a repeat 2-3 more times...  Infuriating to say the least.

When it happens to me I hear in my head:

So'wI’ yIchu’  - Klingon for 'Engage the cloaking device!'

• Haha 1

Members
3,352 posts
3,059 battles

Don't worry, of all the ships in the game only Yamato was ever fitted with a tachyon dimensional wave emitter.

12 hours ago, Aurora_7 said:

I've had visibility discussions here before. I know they're well thought out calculations based on conditions in a particular match, ship types and all

Oh, if you face a tachyon-equipped-Yamato visibility is the least of your problems. https://youtu.be/0AquQrHiLOQ?t=16

[LRM]
Members
1,806 posts
18,044 battles
19 hours ago, Compassghost said:

this is so fun! Once I fired my Shiki at some cruiser who was invisible for a few seconds at 20km and landed 2 citadels (almost 40k damage). He instantly called me hacker, because how did I hit him if he was not even spotted :Smile_teethhappy:

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,577 battles

You sure the ship in question didn't time travel "just in time" to evade.